I Guess She Was Slain In The Spirit...And the Church Rejoiced

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro. Watson,

You are so correct . . .the Holy Spirit does ALL THINGS decently and in order!

I can and will question a person's behavior. That's the reason I brought up the point on the power of suggestion - been there, done that.

I had an opportunity to attend one of Benny Hinn's services several years ago when he came to Dallas - that was "unreal" to say the least, but it confirmed my suspicions. So, as you have guessed, I never went back.
Rev.Luckett,

The Holy Spirit doesn't need help with His healing power.
Thats actually nasty!
Rev. Luckett,

I, too witnessed Eddie Long blowing his breath on people. I thought, what's up with that? Next thing you know, he'll be waving his coat and arms like Benny Hinn.
Well, the Spirit of God has did and will do things that are amazing but some things are unseemingly and the scriptures tell us that He wont do those things.
I have seen the movement of the Lord through His people and some things I saw I have chose not to believe according to what is godly and what isnt.

For instance - I attended a small church which had a pole in the middle of the ailse (which held up part of the ceiling or building - I dont know) but that day many of the saints were caught up into the spirit and this one lady got up and wrapped her leg around that pole and started moving up and down on it like she was at the Bada Bing Club.
Now some will say - praise the Lord for His mysterious ways - I agree and yet I have judged the situation and found it wonting.
Just because the Lord moves in mysterious ways does not mean that He will do that which is wrong wrong wrong.

I understand that we got to be careful about our jugments but the bible says judge the spirit by the spirit whether they are of God.

Wrapping your leg around a pole and dropping it like its hot or hopping on men's laps with your behind up in the air is not of the Lord. I have judged that spirit by the spirit and found it not of God.
Wrapping your leg around a pole and dropping it like its hot or hopping on men's laps with your behind up in the air is not of the Lord. I have judged that spirit by the spirit and found it not of God.

A far cry from what was depicted in the video indeed, and what is for those who have an understanding, a chastisement on that young woman's secret desires, I pray that evangelists, and mothers were there to go into a prayer of deliverance for her, and did not just sit back and gawk.

The bible does not say judge the spirit by the spirit whether they are of God.
rather we judge these spirits by THE WORD OF GOD, wether they are of God, just because your spirit does not agree with something does not mean it's wrong, we have to adhere to the WORD OF GOD

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God....

Watson- then how come this phenomenon is primarily a Pentecostal (Holiness) denominational occurance?

because it is NOT, I've seen plenty of stiffnecked Baptist, Presbyterians, AMEs, CMEs, Catholics....... go through this experience. You have to get out and evangelize to see how God is working through all people, regardless of denomination, creed or color.
" A far cry from what was depicted in the video indeed, and what is for those who have an understanding, a chastisement on that young woman's secret desires, I pray that evangelists, and mothers were there to go into a prayer of deliverance for her, and did not just sit back and gawk..."

You feel the lady that jumped on the old dudes and got her behind smacked as they laughed 'of God' and the lady dancing 'in the spirit' on the pole was a far cry from what is of God?
Well what I saw in the video and what I saw the lady do around that maypole was of the same spirit.
And as far as the mothers at that church I attended - I guess they felt that the Lord worked in mysterious ways and who were they to judge the how she danced unto the Lord.
Me - I had no problem judging it.
As I said - the chick on the pole was under the holy spirit as the woman that jiggled in the lap of her two grandpas that smack her behind.

"...And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God..."

The spirit that the woman in the video was under along with her 'two grandfathers' - was not the Holy Spirit.
Since you know for sure, then I'm sure you purpose yourself in prayer for them both instead of judging?
" Since you know for sure, then I'm sure you purpose yourself in prayer for them both instead of judging? "

Yeah, I pray for their souls....you betcha...now THEY are the ones treading on dangerous grounds. Also like those that say the Holy Spirit fell on them and made them bark like dogs or moo like cows...

But I dont know why we have to beef Sis, you see one thing I see another but we both serve the same Lord.

Ok?
You laugh Bro Watson - but you will actually get Christians to defend people sounding like animals - all in the name of the Lord.
Its amazing and quite sad.
NOT ALL BAPTISTS ARE STIFF NECKED!

Peace from a Baptist Sister in The Lord,
Chaplain :-)
Sis Pat,

My background is apostolic and just recently and I mean recently (for about a year) I did not know there were actually Baptists that preached holiness and sanctification. I thought they were all liberal.
I have been so blessed by some Baptist preachers sermons.

I guess you live and learn :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service