I Guess She Was Slain In The Spirit...And the Church Rejoiced

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Why may I ask, out of curiousity? do ones search for those things that may appear derogatory to our Kingdom?...

Sister Fugett,

The same reason why one would post any topic?
Let's say I posted a topic about saints celebrating Halloween....
Thats not such a topic that shines a wonderful light on the Kingdom.
I don't think that Saints celebrate Halloween, at least Saints in the knowledge of what it truly is. We have to understand that we were once in sin, and did not do things that were pleasing to God. Topics of these types are posted to educate unbelievers of the pagan roots of Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Mothers Day and others.

This topic is in reference to a worship service, no one is kicking anybody in the face,(I look at the rest of it) force feeding poison koolaid, .....

I remember fellowshipping at a young age with my parents in Baptist churches, and when ones would became rejoiceful the ushers would come and carry them out of the service (my grandparent would call it (Bapt. Boxing) or start fanning them.

Why can't the body do as the Word says?

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
Sister,

I am not forbidding women to jump in the laps of men and wiggling as that the church giggles and calling it God.
I just posted what was going on in that assembly.
Why shouldnt the saints post what is going on in Christendom?
To me - what is going on in that assembly seems suspect. I refuse to attribute it to God.
Although I cant get mad at you for NOT judging it in the name of Christian unity.
For me - sometimes we have to say NO.

Either way - something tells me I wont see you jumping in guys laps at church.

God bless.
See that is what I mean, that young lady was on the lap of what I believe to be probably a grandparent, a spiritual one at least, they looked very surprised that she did that, and even one overwhelmed is not crazy, she would not have remained there unless it was someone she trusted.

When ones look for evil they see it! and I get mad at individuals, that always want to see evil in everything
***"...See that is what I mean, that young lady was on the lap of what I believe to be probably a grandparent, a spiritual one at least,

Yeah, there were men whose laps 'the holy spirit' threw her upon but her leg fell off for a brief moment - then 'it' made her put her leg back up onto their laps.
And those two grandfathers - who one of - DID smack her behind then the next 'spiritual grandfather' in response - I guess some would say by the direction of the Holy Spirit - performed a mock spanking on his 'spiritual granddaughter'.

Sis, this is how I see it.
God would not have women jumping on the laps of the brethren. That was unseemingly.

***"...they looked very surprised that she did that,..."

You can say that again.

***"...and even one overwhelmed is not crazy, she would not have remained there unless it was someone she trusted..."

Not only do I think that if she was under the power of the holy ghost - she would not have remained there but she would not have hopped there in the first place.

***When ones look for evil they see it! and I get mad at individuals, that always want to see evil in everything..."

Sis, dont get mad at me.
You mean you really saw 'purity' (where I being led of the devil) saw unseemingliness?

And another thing - I never said that people of God are not led to do things like fall on their faces as dead or speak in tongues or jump and shout or run or dance...I just said that the Holy Ghost would not have some sister jump on the laps of men and have her stay there as they joyfully mock spank her and even literally spank her.
key word in your post

Sis, this is how I see it.

That is why we must all praise God, HE sees the heart
I don't think anyone here who has posted their reply was actually trying to speak for God. We do know by scripture that there is no new thing under the sun.

So, if the Bible does not specifically attest to someone being "slain" in the Spirit, why would this so-called "miracle" happen now?

This brings up another point - "power of suggestion." How susceptible are we? If a person comes to church expecting or wanting to be "slain" in the Spirit . . . guest what?

Another reminder, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." 2 Corinthians 11:14-15

This is why I do tread lightly.

Shalom in Jesus
This brings up another point - "power of suggestion." How susceptible are we? If a person comes to church expecting or wanting to be "slain" in the Spirit . . . guest what?

That's an interesting statement Chaplain, I have never heard of anyone coming to church expecting to do this.

treading with you, and I don't believe that this would be classified as a miracle?
I was speaking from experience; I was still quite young in the Word and because I had witnessed so many others being "slain" in the Spirit, I wanted that experience also.

That's why I continue to tread lightly.

Blessings to you :-)
Exactly Rev. Luckett, and as an Evangelist who travels, and experiences different worship services, I admonish ones to not speak on things they do not understand.

A young Caucausion woman came to our church who was not familiar with saints dancing in church, she was impressed to the point that she wanted to praise God in a dance as well,(Chaplain I understand) she began to dance as she knew to dance, ballerina right on the up the aisle.

Truly in that clip I saw grandparents taken aback by their granddaugter experiencing something she had never experience before and falling upon them, it was funny, yes funny things happen in church.

I choose to believe this! rather than choosing to believe evil. especially of a clip that doesn't depict the whole story.
I do not question the Holy Spirit. I am fully aware that He moves through the vessels He choose to use when there is a laying on of hands.

There is a scripture that tells us how David danced our of his clothes. So, there is no doubt the Holy Spirit can and will move within a person. I will never ever try to judge a person's actions as to whether or not he/she is moved by the Spirit, after all God will not be mocked . . .Galations 6:7; so no one has to answer to me, only to God.

Not looking for an ongoing debate; just stating my perspective as all of you have done here thus far.

Shalom in Jesus
Interestingly enough, you have to ask that same question when it comes to all the Charismatic gifts.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service