Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

Views: 5461

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

scripture most definitely supports once saved always saved... thats what the word SAVED means...we are chosen from before the foundation of the world for salvation...what you're saying is God chose thoes he would save..saved them...then unsaved them...? no my friend...when God saves smeone they remain saved...they are sealed with the holy spirit...

According to Webster's Dictionary, the word seal means "to confirm,
authenticate or guarantee - to pledge." In two Scripture verses I will
list below, the Bible tells us that we are given the Holy Spirit by God
the Father as a "guarantee" and as a "deposit."

When God says that we are sealed by His Holy Spirit at the moment of
salvation in Him and Jesus - He is giving us a very powerful revelation
on what is actually occurring in the spiritual realm. Not only are we
receiving the presence of the Holy Spirit, but we are also being sealed
with His presence.

That seal now becomes a very powerful bond between us and God. Though I
do believe that it is possible for a Christian to lose his or her
salvation per the article I have done on that topic - I believe that it
will take quite a bit to break this seal - this bond that we now have
established with God and Jesus. This sealcan never be broken

Here are the specific verses from the Bible that tell us that we will
"receive" the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation, that our bodes
have now become the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we have now been
"sealed" with the presence of the Holy Spirit.

"Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized
in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall
receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to
your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God
will call." (Acts 2:38)

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." (Romans 8:9)
"But if the Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." (Romans 8:11)

As a result of having received the presence of the Holy Spirit Himself
at the moment of our conversions, the Bible tells us that we have now
been "sealed" with His presence. Here are 3 good verses all using the
word "seal" in reference to the Holy Spirit now living on the inside
of us and a fourth verse that says that the Holy Spirit has been given
to us as a "guarantee."

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:30)

"Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a deposit." (2 Corinthians 1:21)

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." (Ephesians 1:13)

"Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee." (2 Corinthians 5:5 )

GB
Preacher,

I shall address your main argument of being sealed. The first error you made was using webster's dictionary over Hebraic thought. In Hebraic thought, we're sealed for that day, but there's no guarantee that one would make it to that day. Yeshua's words remain solid in Matt 24 that those who endure to the end will be saved.

You mentioned Acts 2:38 concerning the promise. Well, that promise, if you read further, refers to the promise that Yah gave to Abraham that his seed shall be many and of nations.

Rev 22 even gives a warning of those that add to its book--- that Yah SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SHARE OF THE TREE OF LIFE, which is symbolic for eternal life. If one is saved forever, then scriptures like these were added and not really scripture.
Preacher base on what you have said, I as a believer who now knows because I am assured a place in heaven and nothing I do can prevent my entry I have decided I will walk the walk of a sinner I will also start worshipping satan get in touch with the dark side, practice a bit of witchcraft, a bit of voodoo, take so drugs go and rape and torture some people because I have a pass to heaven and nothing can prevent my entry

If this is true and I am free to do what I like and still gain entry to the kingdom why do people waste energy preaching repentance when it does not matter as I am going to heaven anyway and why what does Matthew 25:31-46 mean why is Jesus singling out believers from believers. Has he forgotten that as a born again all believers have entry?
Sister,

Yes... If our past, present and future sins are all covered, then morality is completely thrown out, because now I am no longer responsible for my wrongful actions. They are covered anyways, and so I can do what I like and still enter eternal life. This is simply blasphemy. Preacher, take heed to these words, man.
Do you mean we can actually grieve the Holy Spirit????The Holy spirit is our seal, but He is Also A gentlemen, he will not force us to do anything,he is a spirit , if we walk in the spirit our spirit man lives, if we walk in the flesh he dies in us , and the old sin nature is revived, we have to feed our spirit man with the word ,if we do not, we starve him to death in us . read Hebrew 10:26.
Walker,

yes yes!
Anthony,

Yes. In addition, the bible says that he who claims to be without sin, is a liar and the truth is not in him. If this is a reality... that every man sins, then the covering of our future sins cannot be true. Where there is sin, there is a NEED to repent from it. And if there is a need, then we must repent for the future sins, because they are NOT covered.
once saved always saved...there is no such thing as temporary eternal life..either you have eternal life or you don't...God is not going around saving people...just so they would end up in hell anyway...he knows the beginning from the end...there would be no need to save anyone that would not be saved always...
also...God saves us inspite of us...so again there is nothing anyone can do to become saved...or un-saved..lol thank God for that..or no one would be saved...it takes one sin to be sent to hell...now who here that are saved have never commited one sin since they were born again? I rest my case...
GB
Preacher a born who committs a sin and repent of that sin cannot be confuse with one a born again who commits a sin and do not repent but continue in sin so what you ar saying is I can go and do all the things which I have stated and there is no need for me to repent because I have no choice I am going to heave whether I like it or not.

Preacher why did God evict Adam and Eve from the Garden and why did he prevent them from having being able to eat from the tree of life as soon as sin entered them. I always assume this was because sin have no place in heaven but you saying that is not so because as I believer I can be the greatest sinner in the world but because I was initially born again it does not matter because I will get to heaven anyway.

Please explain what is Matthew 25:31-46 talking about and please explain your understanding of Ezekiel 18:24
If a person is BORN AGAIN ...they are savesd secure and promised eternal life..one cannot be born again and not feel a great pain if they fall into a sin..that forces them to their knees to ask for forgiveness...there is not a sin i can commit and think it not worthy of repentance...because the spirit of God that lives in me will not allow me to rest until so...this is the spirit that witnesses with our spirits that we are the children of God...as when Peter wept bitterly..or Davisd wept bitterly...

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
GB
Preacher this is where you are going wrong you keep mention repentance but my question state the person died without repenting. He did not repent, he did not want to repent, he chose to died without repenting or returning to the Father. I did ask everyone to ensure they read the illustration which clearly said the person died and did not repent. they made a consciene choice to leave Christ to follow a satanic path and had no desire to return to Christ or to ask forgiveness.
Well actually there is a sin you can commit Preacher what about the one against the Holy Spirit

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service