Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was a real message. The balance is all there. Yes a Pastor should be ready and eager to do it for free, and yes the Church should be ready and eager to not have the Pastor do it for free.

I have held to one side of this argument for the sole reason that people here have pushed so greatly for the other (do it for free) that it showed no love for the leaders and no balance for the Church. Money is a touchy subject only because people do not have a "freely give" type of heart. So often we quote JESUS as to say "freely HE gave you the Word, you should freely give to us too". This is true, however, no one wants to jump up and say "freely the man/woman of GOD has ministered to us in our need, why freely give back to them for theirs?" To say this would be an offense to many, as already demonstrated.
Me being an apartment investor, I would preach for free until I go into high demand. Once I get into high demand, then I would charge because I do have a LIFE. I do not want to be caught up doing 1000s of speaking engagements a year. I would charge a hefty amount so that I would not be in much demand as I would starting out.
NAW BRO! Its sounds good at first, but truth be told, charging alot will only do you dirty in the end.
Trevor,

Re-read my post lol, and you will see that my intentions for increasing pay are there ;)
Rev,

Says who?
Rev,

True, but that wasnt my point lol.
Rev,

Maybe you need a coupa samiches. Meet me on the 5th floor(4 fingers up)
High prices wont stop you from getting a lot of invites, it will just regulate you to a select few that can afford you. Smaller ministries almost automatically think that they can't get a preacher from TV to come to their conferences anyway, which sometimes cause a resentment towards "high demand preachers". The one of the foulest words amongst ministers that I know of are "high honorarium".

Just look at how these guys here on BPN tried to call me a novice and greedy and all types of stuff all because I even mentioned "Pastors" and "paid tithes" in the same sentence! LOL!
Trevor,

My prices would be reasonable. $5,000 is a reasonable price for Churches that want me. Some smaller ministries would not be able to afford me. But this is about beating demand, and not about money.
Wow,

I can't believe what I'm reading. Nothing you have said is biblical. You will set your price to preach at $5000. Jesus never set a price. The prophets, Apostles, nor Disciples never set a price. They let God provide. But as the scriptures say, we will come up with new ways to sin. But no one has answered the question I asked. But now I have another one. First, Show the bloogers where in the bible that God said to tithe money? Second, show the bloogers in the bible where God said it's O.K. to charge people to preach at thier church?

God Bless
Lonnie,

Ye of little understanding. Re-read my post on why I "would" charge. READING is fundamental.
Brother,

I did, but you still didn't answer my question. Plus, I'm commanded to understand God, not you!!!!!

God bless

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service