Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He or she should preach for free but for the drama and hellof dealing twith all the weak saints, devils, and ain'ts they should be compensated
Yeshua's Navi.Rabbi Hillel said it this way~"When you can not find a man then become the man' obviously the man Yeshua took the teaching to heart. Also, I relate that to mean "When you cannot find a man of YHVH then become a man of YHVH~..
Two days in the light of G-d and we still not resolved the problems of our inherant flesh it seems.....
Therefore I ask?..."Is it not time for the Children of G-d to grow up into the Torah Truth that Yeshua Taught?

The warning is over folks, the time is now..or destruction is at the door of Amerika more-so the entire world is about to reel from the coming blow..Teshuva is mandatory. Let the foolishness alone. it is time to become Men.
Suggested books of wisdom to get started here
Scripture does refer to the point that a portion of the people’s increase was taken to the priest, and what ever was given to the priest was to be an offering of peace and was to be his. However, None of the men or woman of God in the Bible took a set offering from which I can recall, but the Bible does declare that they are worthy of double honor. We must not confuse this notion with worshiping our spiritual coverings, but understand that for the labor that they do, it is of great extent to preserve and cherish the anointing and gifting on them due to the call on their lives. Giving a love token or an offering designated to the priest, or pastor is intended for their use, that is their salary, but that portion used to take care of God's house is what the pastors use it for, they do not preach and teach to receive an offering in most cases, and many times that they do receive an offering they are sowing it back into the kingdom of God or someone else’s life. Doctors have claimed that a preacher preaching one sermon is about as hard as someone’s 40 hour work week and requires rest. Preachers should receive a monetary blessing, but should not potentially mandate a select offering, for the Gospel is Free. Now, if a preacher is called away from home to do a speaking engagement, and it cause for travel expense, the least that can be done, is help pay for the expense because they may be traveling long-distance. I have witnessed preachers preaching an nor asking for a dime, traveling and not asking for a dime, but the thing about it is they understand that prophetically if there is a word that must come forth and he or she calls your ministry telling you that God has a word for your House of Faith, they would not care about whiter a dime is received or not, they would come to release what thus saith the Lord anyhow, because they have a chard to keep and a commission to fulfill. Bottom line, the Pastor of His Church should receive something for his or her work. Some Pastors, all they do is for the ministry, this is their work, praying and fasting to get to God for the people they Shepard, yet No one sees the labor and expect to get by on the Pastors prayers. Yet the factor is that when time is up no man can stand in proxy for another, so saints of God must learn to pray and fast for themselves and Conditions. How can two or 3 be gathered if the individual that is being prayed for does not pray for themselves, how can the pastor come into agreement and you only told the man or woman of God your situation but you do not pray to come out, you expect for them to pray you through Notice served, You will not and come out if you Dot intend to get it for your self. Go boldly before the thrown of Grace, do not wait for someone else to call you out and pray for you, faith without works is dead. Offer the man or God something, even if it is your time, they give their time, not always do people have money, but there is time that a lot of us waste, when we can help by offering a hand of gratitude and thanks.
I agree 100% with the above post. The work of a pastor does not end in the pullpit, It goes beyond the walls of a church house and city limits. Im a Youth Pastor and I can tell you from experience that this ministry is harder work than a full time 9-5 hour job. Ive spent my midnights hours talking youth off of bridges, spent nights beside hospital beds praying, spent my days traveling to another city to comfort someone who's lost their loved one. Not only spending time but giving money that I didnt have to those who needed and wanted it. My family has done without lights and water so that somebody else can have the luxury a home is suppose to. I'm not boasting myself but the capacity of a bishop, pastor, or minister, when done right deserves whatever God blesses them with in whatever way he allows them to prosper in. My Father is a Bishop and Pastor and Ive seen him go through medical issues, tear down his body from no sleep and working on the behalf of the ministry. To where he has the body of a 60-70 year old man, all for the love of the ministry, and he does it for free...no pay. The question should a pastor work for free i would never ask, for i know the hardship and burden of the job and lifestyle of true pastors. And I would be ashamed to let it ascape my lips.
Mr. Goree writes: "I agree 100% with the above post."
Ah yes there is some fine points in that referenced response,...however it is the flesh that needs to be overcome. The Yetzer harah..not much of that taught, When someone already did it for you [being a popular teaching] now is there. Now lets take it a bit further if the moderator will allow a bunny trail of sorts. We have to spend our remaining moments dealing with ego-pride..and then perhaps,....after much Self~nolification, Go out and repair the world/Tikkun Olam.

self-nolification(simplified)~~
It is nice to see you go outside the four walls of Xianism and reach the downtrodden However, Many of us have been on the front line for G-d, paid a high price ...even sacrificed our own children on the alter of service to do something to help others and lived to regret not knowing the real walk and deep calleth unto deep teaching a famous rabbi himself was immersed in..therein is where I come from..Go and study Then,.....try and fix the world..[That is what Your Rabbi stated was it not?]..
If the church has not fixed the problems in humanity in 1700 years I ask how can you?[speaking of Romes theology,not the original three centuries of hasidism]

Yet we must try and yes we will be the causer of salvation [ as yeshua] for some folks But will the rest consider your sacrifice ?
Truly I tell you, not until the controllers [elite] allow the people to be trusted once again there will always be chaos in the streets...and we the sheeple will always enable them because of our own fears and inflated self awareness.

I suggest this simple book written with that subject of inner city outreach being the main theme along with unwavering sacrifice."The Cork in the Bottle".Releasing that which hinders you'~[the free download link is on my page for anyone interested.]..

Young man ...above all enjoy your journey..let your tears pave the way up higher..it worked for me...Shalom Aleichem
1Timothy 3:1-8 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
In all cases if you are been bless by a Pastor. You should return blessing back to him, either in prayer of fanicial support because we are not bless to remain bless but to RETURN or ENTEND the blessing to others...
you make no sense brother.
Be nice Hezekiah, help the man see__Always remember Yesayahu 58:v9.when we all learn to control the yetzer harah...Stop pointing the finger at arrogant ignorance ( I am just as guilty sometimes)~Then' we will be able to SEE' clearly the Shekinah...You know that surly.
When idolatry is in the way of truth..people cannot see the truth (emet)..theirfore there is no Emunah.(faith & faithfulness)
A Pastor should be blessed by his congregation for a number of reasons.
The saints of the church expect the Pastor to be available to them when they are in need. How can that happen if the Pastor is always on a job working so he can support his home and his church. How can you expect the Pastor to support you if you do not support him. How can you expect the Pastor to be there for you when you are not supporting him. Saints want everything free. The only thing free is salvation.The bible says in Proverbs that money is the answer to all things. The church does not run on your praises, it runs on money. The gas company, electric company and water company do not want to hear that your Pastor works for free and he does not have any money to pay the bills. So you tell me if he is preaching for free? If it is not you, somebody is paying for the church and it's up keep or you would not be able to attend your church. People who expect something for nothing are free loaders and God cannot bless that mess.
Mrs. Willis writes: "God cannot bless that mess."
See; that is the real problem G-d cannot endorse anything outside His absolutes...Back to Torah as a foundation I am thinking...See Rabbis do not preach They instead teach the absolutes and that my friends is done in reverence..I suggest the Book Meet the Rabbis' by Brad Young (Professor of biblical studies~ORU)That will help with reverence.
@Gay Willis above -I agree sister ,that is a good word.Alot of Saints do want everything for Free except- when Its them doing the work or the sellin ,preaching etc...LOL Then,the price is double,right? And you are correct,our aptitude of attitude dictates our altitude,and many still wonder why they are walking on the ground? hmmmm
You are right when you say..God cant and wont Bless that Mess..
We are not of this world,but we ARE STILL in this world yall!
Blessings
Proph.Laura

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service