SHOULD PASTORS BE ACCOUNTABLE TO THE FLOCK REGARDING CHURCH FINANCES?

IN MANY NEW CHURCHESTHE PARISHONERS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CHURCH FINANCES,EXCEPT WHEN THERE'S A NEED FOR THEM TO GIVE. SHOULD THE SHEPHERD OF THE HOUSE HAVE "CARTE BLANCH: OVER THE FINANCES, SPEND THEM AS HE SEES FIT AND NOT SHARE PERODIC BRIEFINGS REGARDING THE SAME? SHOULD HE/SHE HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CHURCH FUNDS ON DEMAND?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luke 16:13 (NIV) "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and
love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

There is a demonic spirit running rampant in thousands of pulpits in America, and many in the Body of Christ are taken captive by its seductive message. Yes I am talking about the Prosperity Gospel…which ISN’T THE Gospel of Jesus Christ. I realize this book will not make me popular with my peers in the ministry but I fear God more than I fear man. The power of the Holy Spirit is the source of strength for the Believer, but the counterfeit that the devil uses is MONEY! I get sick to my stomach every time I hear a preacher say things like, “If we don’t get a certain amount of money the ministry will fail!” If your ministry is GOD BREATHED then a lack of money will not STOP the call that God placed on your life. Nothing God starts will fail due to lack! He provides all that we need to fulfill HIS PLAN and PURPOSE!

John 10:1.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the
door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a
thief and a robber."

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the
sheep."

We see here, the Shepherd is Jesus and his sheep are the
Believers in Christ Jesus, This seems to be speaking about these
Religious leaders; (those who do not come in by the door). Jesus is
The Door. These Pharisees and Jewish rulers did not believe in Him,
so they are trying to get in some other way.
We have falsely been taught that the devil is the thief! The thief is the CROOKED preacher and pastor that robs and scatters GOD’S FLOCK! The Devil is the WOLF that eats the sheep because they were led by a false shepherd!
and many in the Body of Christ are taken captive by its seductive message.....

I have a problem with this statement, with all due respect Bro Mark, you are right the deacons and trustees should be over the finances, and that should be a structure already set up by the church before the pastor gets there. In my particular denomination our Jurisdictional Bishops assign ministers to churches unless of course one starts a church on his own.

however the bible teaches us to study to show ourselves approved a workmant not to be ashamed, these pastors could not do these con jobs if they weren't allowed to by weak men and silly women.

It's the lay peoples fault! why are ones following these, and then their expectations get busted and some then in disobedience discontinue assembly, that is just ridiculous to me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service