Being here a short while, I've observed the same scenarios that are prevelent in many areas. Christians still asking the same questions and observing the same faults.

1. Can a woman preach
2. Can women wear pants
3. I' m saved but don't have to go to a church.
4. What about gays
5. Do you forgive a bro/sis that has committed adultery, and all other sexual perversions
6. The church does not do this or that

For a babe on milk, good questions that we should expect. BUT when, James, Moreh and some others address issues of the law, The Torah, and then others bring up tongues, divine healings, reconcilliations of marriage, The Trinity, the responses are between two or three?

Why do ones find it easier or more attractive to comment on sins that they can perceive with their eyes, and not on issues that can't be seen?

That is my question!

I have to say to those that go further than the obvious that maybe we don't always agree however I appreciate the challenge that inspires me to study more to show myself approved a workman that will not be ashamed. Elder Williams, Luckett and Culbertson, Trevor and others I can't recall at this minute and my lil Bro James and Moreh, thank you for the meatier discussions.

Be Blessed

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear sister - Thank you!

I would like to think that after 2,000 years of Christian history and about an additional 2,000 years of religious history, that we would have some of these basic questions/issues addressed and "but to bed", as it were. But alas, that is not the case.

The answer is simple, but the solution is most difficult.

The answer: The word of God has not been rightly divided according to the Spirit and the intent of God, but according to the desires and personal agendas of men. That is the simple part.

The solution: The hard part is to find a people who are willing to "go with God" rather than with the opinions (approval) of men.
Well I will have to do a Holy dance to this reply, Bro. Bowman you are so correct and Thank you as well!

Your solution I see one day will be forced upon us, the time will come when every knee shall bow, so we have to put all our trust in the Word of God and not man's opinions.

I am blessed by your posts as well
When the true saints as yourself,keep the questions up front,refuse to argrue but research instead,turn the other cheek,it;s a matter of time,before we get there!
Amen, but how do you get some to let go of their fleshly traditions and research?
Again, the answer is simple but the solution is difficult.

You don't get everyone to give up their traditions (or even most of them). So, you weep, even as Christ weeps - and allow them to go on their way - while you feed the remaining flock and search out those whom God is drawing.
A.W,

That is the hard part. Just give up, because of their blindness. We weep like Yeshuah weeped for Israel, and allow them to go their own way. I find myself wanting to do the same thing... Feeling like Elijah... NO ONE wants to SERVE Yehwah!
In truth - that is the hard portion of our calling.
A.W,

That deserves a big "sigh."
You just had to bring up strong minded people lol
Bro Watson, I have to agree with your comment in reference to the pulpit doing more studying, and your great insight that it does not apply to all.

Ones focus mainly on what ones see, as far as the whoopers, that I don't mind, as long as they whooping the word. (I believe you are speaking of the passionate speaker?)

I've heard even the edjemacated give only the topical sermons, and without the passion, they become a boring endeavor. Just because a pastor hasn't been passed high school doesn't mean that the wisdom that comes from God is outweighed by another's Doctorate of Divinity. We are called and chosen to preached the gospel. We can get all the knowledge we need but with the knowledge get an understanding as well.

My point in this post is that there is more to be addressed than clothes, music, adultery, and homosexuality. We must desire the whole counsel of God, not just those topics that can be seen with the naked eye
"My point in this post is that there is more to be addressed than clothes, music, adultery, and homosexuality. We must desire the whole counsel of God, not just those topics that can be seen with the naked eye"

Now, dear sister, "that will preach!"
ROFL let me explain "whooping" to me is probably not what you are speaking of, for MLK could "whoop" when one preaches the truth, I can receive from it, however, when the anointing of the Holy Spirit is on a speaker, it enhances the speaker.

None of the schooling that I've had, has divinely guided me more than the Spirit, I purpose in my heart to always study to show myself approved, but it is my prayer whenever I go forth, is that the Lord lift me if I'm too low, and decrease me if I'm too high, and to put into my mouth the words HE would have me speak to HIS people. His whole counsel is what I desire.

See I come from the hand clapping, tongue talking, Grand Ole Pentecostal COGIC, Bishop Gilbert Patterson, could whoop!!!!! and you learned while he was doing it.

Rev. Ike? sad to hear, I knew who he was,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service