I'm glad to be in a forum to ask this question of anyone..I've seen the title "Chief Apostle" on this site. But I have no precedence in Scripture for this. The only " Chief " reference I know of is the Chief Shepherd, that Being Christ?

1 Peter 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Even Peter (one of the original Apostles) referred to Paul (The One called out of due season) as "our brother Paul" and not "our Apostle Paul...

2 Peter 3:15
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Mind you, I am aware of reference to: Chief Captain, Chief of Bakers, Chief Butler, Chief of the House of the Fathers, etc, etc,.... but no Chief Apostle...

I'm asking because It just seems, not picking, and meaning absolutely no disrespect, self elevating. Could someone show me this reference. I'm all for learning something new in God's Word...
Bro. Paul

Views: 863

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing my dear brother.

"greatest among you shall be your servant"

Just call me servant.... *smile*
LOL
Truth be told, the Chief Apostle is one that is head over a "council" or certain "collective" of Apostles within a region or organization. Example: Your ministry has many Apostles born from it, and you are the "Chief Apostle" (senior Apostle) over the entire organization, with CHRIST as your head. Amongst Apostles there are two ways for accountability: lateral and vertical.

Lateral accountability deals with "peer level" Apostles. People say that not so, but the 12 had this. They were a "knights of the round table" type of council, with CHIEF APOSTLE JESUS CHRIST as "King Arther". Some say Peter was the head, but there are verses in the Book of Acts that say Peter was sent out on a mission by the Apostles, and that Peter was rebuked by Paul. Some say James was the head, but Peter seemed to be more vocal, and Paul laid down more doctrine. Some say Paul was head, but Church history say Thomas did MORE missionary work than Apostle Paul.

Vertical deals with Ministers looking up to one another. Timothy and Titus were regarded as Apostles, and yet the looked up to Paul who gave them assignments. Even then, Paul still said "Follow me as I follow CHRIST". The Chief Apostle title deals mainly with vertical accountability for Apostles/Bishops/Pastors. This does not take away from CHRIST as the Apostle's head, but just sets everyone under that Apostle in order, for a true Apostle, whether baring such a title or not, preaches the Kingdom of GOD, for even CHRIST submitted to the FATHER.

Prophets have such ranks as well when working in a company/collective, council. I personally don't agree with that "Master Prophet" garbage though!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service