WHY INDIA IN YOUR PRAYER AND FELLOWSHIP not
2,000 years of resistance to the Gospel. Until Now. Over a billion people. The fastest growing nation on earth. More than 2,500 people groups. Speaking 1,600 languages & dialects. WHY INDIA? Because India is hurting... * 70% of the population is functionally illiterate * 80% of the population lives on less than $2 a day
* Over 740 million Indians live in rural, impoverished villages
* 35% of school-aged children are not attending school
* The centuries-old caste system still condemns hundreds of millions of "low caste" Indians to a life of degrading labor and social invisibility
Because India is seeking...
* 412 million Indians have never even heard the name of Jesus
* With 330 million objects of worship in India, Indians are looking anywhere and everywhere for salvation
* Superstition and idol worship have an iron grip—there is no forgiveness or joy
* In the face of such overwhelming physical & spiritual poverty, the Gospel brings power, hope, eternal life, and the way for a better life today
Revival in India
(Jeremiah 18:7-8, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Isaiah 61:1-4, Joel 2:25)
For the people of India we pray that:
* You will grant wisdom to our leaders, so that they will govern with diligence and integrity and will keep the doors open for the sharing of the gospel throughout the land;
* Resistance to the gospel will be removed and the power of Satan will be broken over all Indians;
* Our countrymen will be delivered from corruption, hypocrisy, murder, lying, deceit, falsehood, theft, pride, selfishness, self-centeredness, laziness, injustice, immorality, adultery, fornication, divorce, malice, witchcraft, idolatry, sorcery, hardening of heart against the Lord Jesus, despising the Gospel that saves, abuse of women and children, female infanticide, prostitution, pornography, drug addiction in our youth etc.
* Your Holy Spirit will mightily move in every state, city, town and village, bringing salvation and revival;
* Our country would be healed from sickness & poverty, droughts, floods, earthquakes and natural disasters, and be delivered from political dissension, communal disharmony and terrorism.
Revival in the Church
(Romans 12:2, 1 Corinthians 15:57-58, Jude 1:24-25)
For the Church in India we pray:
* For a spirit of conviction, grace and supplication and for a fresh outpouring of your Holy Spirit;
* For a genuine fear of God to fall upon all your people;
* For a widespread return to the Bible - to read, study and apply it daily;
* For deliverance from rebellion, arrogance, disobedience, envy, greed, gossip, slander, malice and other evil habits and tendencies;
* For every church to reflect Jesus Christ, where members demonstrate forgiveness, acceptance, love and concern for one another and function as one body under the headship of Christ;
* For unity in the Church, and the breakdown of denominational, language and caste barriers;
* We pray that you would revive in your people a love for the lost;
* That you would raise up numerous prayer warriors in every church to regularly fast and pray for India;v
* That pastors, evangelists and church leaders would have a reverent attitude towards you and your Word and be freed from the temptation to make a name for themselves;
* That they would preach and teach the truth from your Word with faithfulness and relevance;
* That backsliders will be restored and nominal Christians brought to a saving knowledge of Christ;
* That every church will emphasize sharing the gospel so that many members will be added daily to the body of Christ;
* That Christians will find favor among the people of India and your name will be exalted and glorified as your works are displayed through your people;
* That those who are being persecuted will gain a deeper level of intimacy with you and a greater power to persevere.
PRAISE GOD THAT YOU ARE WITH US TO PRAY AND SUPPORT TO TOUCH LIVES OF INDIAN IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
DAISY AND JACOB
FOUNDERS OF MISSIONS ASIA.