THE CLOTHING OR THE APPEARANCE OF TODAY’S WOMEN: IS IT A MODERNISM OR A CORRUPTION?

THE CLOTHING OR THE APPEARANCE OF TODAY’S WOMEN: IS IT A MODERNISM OR A CORRUPTION?

FIVE QUESTIONS TO THE WOMEN OF GOD...

1- Is it decent for a woman of God to wear trousers or pants (breeches)?

« A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.”

Deuteronomy 22:5

2- Is it decent for a woman of God to use lipstick and nail varnish?

3- Is it decent for a woman of God to wear artificial nails, artificial hair and eyebrows?

4- Is it decent for a woman of God to wear curls of ears and pearls?

“I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God”.

1 Timothy 2: 9-10

5- Is it decent for a woman of God to cut off her hair?

“Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice - nor do the churches of God”.

1 Corinthians 11:14-16

NO! NO! …and… NO! IT'S USELESS FOR THEM TO WEAR SUCH THINGS!!!

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will”.

Romans 12:2

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands »

1 Peter 3:3-5

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Revelation 3:22

Blessings,

Brother Germain

www.tagworld.com/srobouay
www.myspace.com/wawesan

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Do you share the wiewpoints below from two American Christian women ?

First wiewpoint:

My brother, as noted in my previous post, you leave little room for two-way discussion in this presentation, and so my thoughts on your question and answers mean little. I do not strive about God's holy Word. Period.

It takes a huge leap of logic to assume that the single item of men's clothing to which Deuteronomy 22:5 refers is pants, since men wore robes in that culture at that time. While there may be women in our culture who wear men's clothing, the women that I know wear clothing that is designed exclusively for women.

Why the focus on women's appearance, dress, and grooming? You will find that cross-dressing is far more prevalent in men than in women. Have you confronted men who cross dress, men from Scotland who wear kilts (which, in their culture is a garment exclusively for men, although some in our culture view it as a "skirt"), men who wear long hair, or both men and women who braid their hair or wear jewelry? I am not suggesting that you do so; however, to condemn one and not the other is a double standard. To stress one infraction of the Word over another is a double standard. To focus on women's failures, and to remain silent on men's is a double standard.

Many new believers have become discouraged and left the faith because of an emphasis on external appearance. Some people will not attend a church service because they don’t own “acceptable” clothes. Shall they stay away from the church? I fear that religion’s obsession with outward appearance has slammed the door to Heaven in their faces!

The Lord works from the inside to the outside of a man or woman. Why not allow the Lord to work in the spirit-man and the soul, and reveal to people Himself the external changes that he wishes them to make? We cannot be the Holy Spirit to other people; we can, however, trust Holy Spirit to be the Holy Spirit in their lives. Our role is to present the Gospel, to edify, and when necessary, to correct with love and gentleness (both fruit of the Spirit), rather than with accusatory harshness or self-righteousness.

Knowing that none of us has attained perfection, until transformation by the renewing of our minds progresses, let us be sure to get the internal issues right before God. Once that is accomplished, He can work far more effectively on the external issues. Too, we must consider that some have farther to travel on the road toward perfection than others. Each of us must "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling."

God bless you, my brother. Shalom!

Second viewpoint:

Hello Brother Germain! I just wanted to say, I understand where you are coming from, but those verses that refer to what I like to call the "dress code" for women come from the Old Testiment. One of the huge reasons that Jesus came to Earth as a man and died on the cross for us was to wipe out the rules of the Old Testiment and show us the light that a Savior brings us. God wants us as women to look our best as modestly as possible. This doesn't mean that we have to walk around in sackcloth and cover our heads. It means we stand out in the world by choosing not to wear skin-tight clothes and clothes that look like they would fit a baby doll. It means we buy clothes that fit us and complement our body shape in a modest and Godly way. Also, as to cutting your hair, I disagree very adamently, as this idea of having long hair was also in the Old Testiment. God designed women to be beautiful and wonderful things, and he shaped us by hand...I truly believe that if a woman is modest and humble she can wear just about anything. It's about self-respect. It's about identity. For those women out there that don't wear pants and keep their hair long, I commend you and respect your belief. But, for those women out there who are like me that have their hair short and wear jeans that are modest, I commend you just as much for standing out in the crowd by NOT showing off your body in an innapropriate way!

Please tell me your opinion according to the Holy Bible!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain

www.myspace.com/wawesan
I dear brothers and sisters in Christ!

Here's my answer to the first wiewpoint above

Hi dear sister !

I thank you for your contribution.

In clothing issue, should the cultural life of certain people be our reference? Can traditions from Scotland, America, Africa or elsewhere be our reference? No!

“They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."

Mark 7:7-8

Is not the Bible our compass? Is not the Bible our absolute? Yes, the Bible should be our compass!!! (Acts 17:11).

Please consider the question asked by the apostle Paul to Corinthians: “Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?”

1 Corinthians 14:36

The way of dressing of Christians must be identical worldwide, everywhere.

Indeed, the Bible declares that “A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.”

Deuteronomy 22:5

The man is not skipped. A man should not wear women’s clothing.

Moreover the Bible says:

“Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice - nor do the churches of God”.

1 Corinthians 11:14-16

The woman should not cut off heir hair. Here again the man is not skipped, he should not have long hair as a woman for it is a disgrace for him to do so.

So, why do you assert that I “focus on women's failures, and I remain silent on men's”?

Where is the “double standard” you talk about?

You said:

“Many new believers have become discouraged and left the faith because of an emphasis on external appearance. Some people will not attend a church service because they don’t own “acceptable” clothes. Shall they stay away from the church? I fear that religion’s obsession with outward appearance has slammed the door to Heaven in their faces!”

Dear sister, I do not agree with you on that point. I will let Jesus-Christ Himself give an answer to your preoccupation Through His Word:

Jesus said:

“Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.”

Dear sister, let me tell you that because of this preaching, many Disciples deserted Jesus:

“On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this…”

Dear sister, Did Jesus soften or compromise His Word therefore? No!
Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."
From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

John 6:54-69

Preachers must preach the truth. They should not please men but only God. The true sons and daughters of God will never leave the church even if the teaching is hard. They will rather behave like the twelve:
"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God." Amen!!!

This is the reason why I do not agree with you on that point

Then, you said:

“The Lord works from the inside to the outside of a man or woman. Why not allow the Lord to work in the spirit-man and the soul, and reveal to people Himself the external changes that he wishes them to make? We cannot be the Holy Spirit to other people; we can, however, trust Holy Spirit to be the Holy Spirit in their lives. Our role is to present the Gospel, to edify, and when necessary, to correct with love and gentleness (both fruit of the Spirit), rather than with accusatory harshness or self-righteousness.”

Please, answer the question below:

“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Romans 10:14-15

Yes, my role is to preach, to present the Gospel even if it seems hard for some people. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel (1 Corinthians 9: 16):

Yes, true preachers “are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.” Amen!!

“For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? »

2 Corinthians 2:15-16

You said: “accusatory harshness or self-righteousness.” What do you mean?

Have I said something except the Gospel?

Don’t you know that it is time for the judgment to begin with the family of God?

“For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Peter 4:17

Please wake up! Recognize your day and its message! Time is up!

The Church, the bride of Jesus-Christ must awake (Ephesians 5:25-27; Matthew 16:18).

The wise virgins who take oil in jars along with their lamps must awake. The oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit. Jesus-Christ is making His Bride holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, in order to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.”

The stains and wrinkles represent the foreign and pernicious doctrines that the theologists add to the Word of God.

With this intention, we must turn to the End time message which is intended to prepare the bride of Jesus for the rapture. This alarm has already started and follows its course.

Let us wake up! Time is up!!!!!

Here's my answer to the second wiewpoint above

Hi dear sister Anna!

I thank you for your contribution.

You said that “those verses that refer to what I like to call the "dress code" for women come from the Old Testament. One of the huge reasons that Jesus came to Earth as a man and died on the cross for us was to wipe out the rules of the Old Testament and show us the light that a Savior brings us”

Please, let me tell you however that Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but he came to improve, to perfect it.

Indeed, He said:

“I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.”

Matthew 5:18

Certainly we do not live any more under the law, we live under the Grace, but know that the Grace is more requiring, demanding than the law. Do you know it?

Except “Deuteronomy 22:5”, all the biblical verses which I named (quoted) concerning the clothing of the man and the woman are texts from the New Testament, aren’t they?

-1 Timothy 2: 9-10

- 1 Corinthians 11:14-16

- Romans 12:2

- 1 Peter 3:3-5

Do you want to conform to what the Bible teaches or contrariwise, do you want to build your own opinion about the clothing of the men and the women who make profession to serve God?

I am not a Tailor, nor a fashion designer. I do not have a catalogue of clothing to offer you. But once in front of your Tailor or your hairdresser, please ask yourself this question before making your choice: What would make Jesus Christ on my place?

May the Holy Spirit lead you so that you can always dress in a modest and Godly way.

Blessings!

Bro. Germain

Blessings!

Bro. Germain

http://www.tagworld.com/srobouay
http://www.myspace.com/wawesan
Hi dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

An American christian woman said:

"Dear Brother, you continue to assume that Deuteronomy 22:5 refers to pants as men's clothing, although men wore robes in that culture and time. This does not seem logical.

The title that you chose for this Discussion and the questions that you presented in your post focus exclusively on women's appearance, dress, and grooming: this was the impetus for my asking, "Why the focus on women's appearance, dress, and grooming?" That you disregarded, without comment, the instruction given to men in the Scripture passages that you presented was the reason for my statement, "To focus on women's failures, and to remain silent on men's is a double standard." It is your focus, and not God’s, to which I refer.

The presentation of both your question and your response still strike me as unnecessarily harsh. Yes, you have presented the Word of God -- along with your judgments of what is wrong with women, without any spirit of, sense of, or reference to God's love, His grace, His kindness, His peace, or His mercy. Those concepts are Scriptural, too. It is crucial to balance God's judgment and his love, the Law and grace, in which dispensation we live since Christ's resurrection. Is not the purpose of Christ's life, crucifixion, and resurrection to reconcile all men (and women) to God because of His great love for all of mankind?

I do not negate the passages that you included, and suggest that it is important to present the Gospel in a spirit of meekness and kindness, as the Bible instructs:
"Brethren, if a man [or woman] be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness: considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted" (Galatians 6:1)
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32)
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23)

Scripture also instructs ministers to "speak the truth in love" in order to perfect the saints (Ephesians 4:11-16). In reviewing this passage, do you see the balance that is necessary for perfecting the saints, for bringing them to maturity in Christ? Bringing the church into unity is one of the primary objectives of the five-fold ministry, and that is accomplished with love, according to this passage. Scripture emphasizes that people are drawn to repentance, led to repentance, or come to repentance. Nowhere in Scripture do I find that people repent because they are driven, condemned, or verbally trampled.

I do not and will not argue over God's holy Word. Your aggressive method has not won me over. Sadly, your message is muted by your incendiary method. Grace, mercy, and peace to you, my Brother."

This is my reply, below:

Hi dear sister in Christ!

I thank again you for your contribution

Please, tell me finally which kind of clothings Deuteronomy 22: 5 was referring to?

Please tell me, at that time, on one hand, how were men's clothes, and on the other hand, how were women’s clothes about which Moses was speaking in Deuteronomy 22:5?

Then, tell me, Nowadays, on one hand, how are men's clothes, and on the other hand how are women’s clothes?

Please tell me the truth so that we can close discussion about this point!!!

Moreover, you said that “the title that I chose for my Discussion and the questions that I presented in my post focus exclusively on women's appearance, dress, and grooming”.

You are right. I mean what I do, and I do what I mean. I made it express. I’ve put the stress (emphasize) on women’s clothing because, to know the moral state of a community, it is necessary to see the clothing of its women. This is a decisive indication (clue). It is my opinion. I can make a mistake but it is my opinion…

Then you said:

“The presentation of both your question and your response still strike me as unnecessarily harsh. Yes, you have presented the Word of God -- along with your judgments of what is wrong with women, without any spirit of, sense of, or reference to God's love, His grace, His kindness, His peace, or His mercy. Those concepts are Scriptural, too. It is crucial to balance God's judgment and his love, the Law and grace, in which dispensation we live since Christ's resurrection. Is not the purpose of Christ's life, crucifixion, and resurrection to reconcile all men (and women) to God because of His great love for all of mankind? I do not negate the passages that you included, and suggest that it is important to present the Gospel in a spirit of meekness and kindness, as the Bible instructs:”

Bay way of illustration of your statement you quoted “Galatians 6:1”, Ephesians 4:32, Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 4:11-16”.

Finally, you said: “I do not and will not argue over God's holy Word. Your aggressive method has not won me over. Sadly, your message is muted by your incendiary method”

I thank you for your advice. Preachers must present the Gospel in a spirit of meekness and kindness. It is so said the Bible.

However I would like to show you certain teachings from the Bible so that you can tell me if those were given without love or in an incendiary manner:

1- Jesus-Christ said:

“1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5"Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'
8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.[b] 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c]
15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'[d]"

Matthew 23:1-39

Tell me, if you were that day among those who Jesus had censored, were you going to repent or contrariwise, were you going to say to Jesus:

“Jesus I do not and will not argue over God's holy Word. But your aggressive method has not won me over. Sadly, your message is muted by your incendiary method” ?

Would the presentation of Jesus’ teaching strike you as unnecessarily harsh?

2- John the Baptist said:

“John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."

Luke 3:7-9

Tell me, if you were that day among those who John the Baptist had censored, were you going to repent or contrariwise, were you going to say to John the Baptist:

“John the Baptist, I do not and will not argue over God's holy Word. But your aggressive method has not won me over. Sadly, your message is muted by your incendiary method” ?

Would the presentation of John the Baptist ‘s teaching strike you as unnecessarily harsh?

Would you think perhaps that John the Baptist preached bad news?

Let me tell you that Good news never seems good to you when you see only the dark side of the news.
The dark side of the news is that there is going to be a punishment for the sinners, a final and terrible punishment.

The Good news is that you can be saved, issued only if you follow the Lord’s commands. Amen!!!

3- The Apostle Paul said:

“3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
7You are looking only on the surface of things.[a] If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he. 8For even if I boast somewhat freely about the authority the Lord gave us for building you up rather than pulling you down, I will not be ashamed of it. 9I do not want to seem to be trying to frighten you with my letters. 10For some say, "His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing." 11Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.”

2 Corinthians 10:3-11

Tell me, do you agree with those who said that the letters of Paul were “weighty and forceful”?

Moreover, Brother Paul told Titus:

“This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth.”

Titus 1:13-14

Was the method of Paul aggressive and incendiary? Was the message of Paul without LOVE?

Which kind of LOVE are talking about? The Lord Jesus said “If you love me, you will obey what I command.”

John 14:15

Which kind of grace are you talking about?

“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you. »

Titus 2:11-15

Which kind of peace are you talking about? There is no kindness, no mercy and no peace except the obedience to the Word of Christ. That peace transcends all understanding! Amen!
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4:7

There’s no peace out of the truth, namely Christ: Indeed Brother Paul said: “if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.”

1 Timothy 3:15

However, the Apostle Paul said: “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2 Timothy 4: 3-4

We are right (just) in this time. The truth, no matter the manner, method or way it is presented, will always upset and always be fought by the enemies of Christ.

This is the reason why Jesus said:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law - a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.”

Matthew 10:34-36

This is the reason why He was crucified and most of His Prophets and Apostles were killed:

« Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.”

Matthew 23:34-36

Why were they killed? Was it because the presentation of their teachings was as unnecessarily harsh, aggressive and incendiary? No! It was because they told the truth, but people disliked the truth: “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine”.

As The Apostle Paul said, I also want to tell you that the appeal I make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor am I trying to trick you. On the contrary, I speak as man approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. I’m not trying to please men but God, who tests my heart. (1 Thessalonians 2:3-4)

“So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God” (1 Corinthians 4:1).

Blessings,

Bro. Germain

www.myspace.com/wawesan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service