The most underused ability that christians have is their imagination. If you are my age you really had to use your imagination as a child. Girls had dolls and boys had army men and toy guns. We had to take those lifeless voiceless objects and make them come alive in order for them to be useful. We gave them voices and imagined them doing things. This new generation doesn't have to imagine. With cable & satelite tv, dvd, video games etc. they don't have to make things up they have every scenario mapped out for them. As adults many of us have forgotten how to imagine.

If you break down the word imagine you get imag - ine or image in. To imagine can be said to mean to get the image in. The bible often speaks about our vain imaginations so many think that an imagination is a bad thing. But when we find a promise in the word of God we have to imagine ourselves having it or being it. If it says that 'by his stripes we are healed' and we know that we're sick we must be able to see ourselves healed in order to have the faith to make it happen. Heb. 11 says that 'Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen'. The 'things' that we hope for and need evidence for are those 'things' that God has promised. Exercising our faith is receiving Gods promise, believing that it is for you, imagining yourself with it, declaring or proclaiming it, thanking God for it and watching God bring it to pass.

I was recently talking about this with 2 pastor friends of mine. After they asked me to pray. As we prayed I saw what appeared to be a blurry white image. As I said "Thank you Lord" I saw faded color begin to appear. As I continued to thank God the colors became more vivid. I asked God what he was showing me and he said, "I gave you the image, as you continue to thank me for it, it comes out of the spiritual (unseen) rhelm and manifests in the physical rhelm.
In Ephesians 1:3 Paul wrote, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." Through the anointing God has already given us everything spiritual in the heavenlies but this is how we make the spiritual physical and bring it from the heavenlies to the earthly.

Please tell me what you think.

Views: 14

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service