I am trying to figure out where did those kinds of tongues come from. The Greek word for Tongues Is Glossa. Glossa means a language or dialect that is spoken.

In Acts 2:7-11 - And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.”

The tongues 2,000 yrs ago were actual languages that people spoke without the instruction of humans. It was from God.

There is no such thing as the la la la la la na na na ahhkdljkdjkdjdk tongues you hear today---mainly from the holiness, apostolic, pentecostal/azuza arena.

Where are the REAL tongues!

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Acts 2:7-11 - And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.”

These tongues that fell on them were actual, human languages. They were not walking around saying," lee la la la ma ma ma boomm ma honda."
Notice that they said,"arent they all speaking Galelians? Sure, they thought they were drinking sweet wine, but that does not say that they were speaking something weird. The Greek for tongues is Glossa.... It has nothing to do with some mysterious language you hear from modern day Christians.
Another thing is... Them calling them drunk was not because of the sound of the language, but of what they were saying,"we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.”

They were not speaking," la la la bee baa nan na naaaaa. But, they were speaking in the tongues of humans.
Why yes, they were, because Jews never spoke their languages, til the Holy Spirit came upon them. Understand the meaning of tongues was to spread the Gospel around the world. Even though many spoke Greek & Aramaic, there were places where they did not speak it. Tongues steped up and filled that gap, and there was to always be an interpreter.

I do not think anyone can interprete hidhshsahdlkjhdjAK tongues, although people will give the explanation that they can. Be blessed
Glossa means dialect, or language. The reason I said they were not taught those languages, because the only languages that were learned, and spoken in Israel at the time was Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew, The countries that were named in Acts, they did not speak those languages. God's people was speaking in that language.

If you want to believe they were speaking hee nna na na nana tongues, then go ahead lol. I shall go by the actual meaning.
LOL I tell you brother. They be wilin out wit it.
WOW, and I thought we all learned or believed. The brother is right that teaching does not exist, see what serminary has taught you................... lol. the people who were in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost. Most of if not all of the men from other lands, were of Israel, just having been in another part of the world meant nothing for if you read the old testament, you will find that the Israelites migrated if not they were taken into captivity. So they lived in Latin speaking countries per se, they spoke latin, so too here that native language, in a foreign land by, so-called un-learned, ignorant Galilleans would astonish one.
and what are the scriptures you refer to ?????????????????

Acts 2:8 And how we hear every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born????

So it was earthly tongues {languages}, that were being spoken on that day, and in that time.......
i agree with you there is no where in the bible did anyone speak in the babble language we call tongues after jesus left the earth the holy spirit has given us gifts so where did this babbling come from and how did it make its way in the church and we call it god and just cause every one is doing it don't make it right. Have anyone ever prayed and asked god is this truly from the holy spirit. The devil knows how to deceive with false wonders and make it look like and feel like its of god and not. Have we the church been under deception all these years and not know really the truth. Tell me what you think.
That is what you believe my brother, this is an issue that will always be argued because you have so many different beliefs. Thank you Jubilee Jones for your response, I agree 100%.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service