Ps 105:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

:1b ...call upon his name;... The original meaning of this phrase is call (Him) by His name, i.e, call Him by the name that describe His divine perfections, or more specifically, call him by His name Yahweh.

Our heavenly Father has a name, and God is not one of them. When we study the names of our Creator, God is not one of them. Why do we continue to practice calling Him by something other than His name.

My name is Richard M Magby it distinguishes me from all other Richards.

Our Creator has but one name "Yahweh" all others are discriptive names, but God is not one of them.

Views: 40

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The ancient Jews did not call God by his name. They called him El(God), and Adonai(Lord). Calling him Yahweh would be like a disgrace to them. To them, God's name was the Lord.
I believed that they misinterpreted the verse "thou shall not take the name Lord thy Elohim in vain. They thought the name was to sacred 2 pronounce. What type of Creator would He be if He gave His Son to die for the sins of the world and not allow us to call His name. Although the Jews might have had their reason for not calling Him by His name. It still does not make it right or change the fat that His name is not God. Why do we continue to address Him as such.
It's really like calling you boy and not James. But if there is more than one James present then you must be called by your last name to make a distinction.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service