In 2Corinthians 10:17-18 It says "But he who glories, let him glory in the Lord. 18 For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends. See if your doing what the Lord has called you to do the way He has asked you to do it. You don't have to commend yourself. God will do that. The Bible says in 2Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God (not to man, not to yourself, not to the world, not to the church etc.) but to God a worker who does not need to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth. In James 1:12 it says Blessed is the man who endures temptation ( and we know the pride of life is one of them) for when he has been approved (mind you not approved by himself) he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has Promised to those who Love Him. If we just Love God with All our Heart, with All our Soul, & All our Mind (Matthew 22:37) we won't have to worry about getting off into self because our every thought, & being will be rapped up into God. Giving us no room to be prideful, or boastful. I just want to give you an example of how dangerous it is not to give God Glory. In Acts 12:20-24 (read it when you get a chance) it talks about how herod on a set day arrayed in royal apparel sat on his throne & gave an oration (a speech delivered in a high-flown or pompous manner) to the people. And it said the people kept shouting the voice of a god & not of a man. (now you know he was bugging!) The Bible goes on to say Immediately an Angel of the Lord struck him because he DID NOT give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms & died. Then it says but the Word of God grew & multiplied. So what that goes to show us is God doesn't need any of us for the Word to continue to spread & do what it do. I don't care if were ushers ushering God's people into the Sanctuary, doing Praise & Worship, Deacons, Elders, Evangelist, Prophets, Apostles, Pastors, preaching, teaching, rapping, or singing the Word. God showed us with Saul not only will he tear the kingdom from us but He will also replace us with somone that is better than us. (1Samuel 15:28) Now I don't know about you but I'm not letting nobody take my place in what God has Predestined & Called me to do.

Views: 27

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service