Yes, I understand some of the positions on women preachers. Yes, there are some Baptist churches and Apostolic Faith churches that oppose women preachers. I'm not picking on churches. I'm just letting you know the denominational and theological perspectives on women preachers. There are scriptures people use to justify their opposition to women preachers:

1st Corinthians 14:34-35:"34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church."

1st Timothy 2:12:"12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence."

From my perspective, 1st Corinthians 14:34-35 means that the women in the Corinthian church were asking the men out loud during church service on religious questions and they had to wait until they go home to ask their husbands questions. Also, 1st Timothy 2:12 means that women should not be dominant and overbearing towards men. Also, the man is the head of the household. These scripture passages were written by the Apostle Paul and they don't say about a woman preaching.

Where do I stand on women preachers? I want to inform you that yes, I do support women preachers. Acts 10:34 states that God is no respector of persons. He can use a woman to preach His word just as well as He can use a man. On Matthew 28:19, it's states that all believers, whether they're male or female, should go into all of the world to evangelize and make disciples, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. This scripture means that every Christian regardless of gender should preach the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Lost. All of us believers are ministers. Yes, it can be a woman preaching on the pulpit. But preaching the gospel is way beyond the pulpit.

On Judges 4:4, it specifies how Deborah is a prophetess and a Judge. And if you find Romans 16:1-16, it does specify women in the ministry being used by God. These are the scripture passages to support my position on women preachers.

Also, I want to say that if a woman is called to preach, she should preach. She shouldn't let traditions from man to stop her from answering the call to preach. Man does not determine who should be called to preach. God does determine who should be called to preach. If any of you women are ordained ministers or called to preach, I want to tell you to walk in your calling and don't let anybody stop you from answering your call to preach. If you are a woman who is called to preach, yet go to a church that won't let you preach, you should move to a church that accept women preachers.

Yes, there are well-known women who were anointed by God to preach. There are Gloria Copeland, Sheryl Brady, Paula White, Joyce Meyer(one of my favorite TV preachers), Marilyn Hickey, Sarah Bowling, Juanita Bynum, Darlene Bishop, Darlene Zschech, Karen Wheaton, Victoria Osteen, Kathryn Kulman, Aimee Semple McPherson, Taffi Dollar, and Anne Graham Lotz(The Daughter of Billy Graham). My point is that you shouldn't speak out against anything that is of God.

The point of the message is that the issue of Women Preachers is a huge controversy just as the issue of Tongues is. I hope that this message is a understanding and a blessing to you. If you agree with me, give me an amen. If you don't agree with me on this message, that's alright. Let's agree to disagree and not argue over petty stuff. Those who don't believe in women preachers are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus and I have nothing against them.

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the case of whether or not women is permitted to preach lies in the study of the historical background of the passages. For example. Most christians who are against women preachers will use 1 tim 2 to show that women cannot preach. But, what did Paul mean there, and why did he say that to Timothy, and for his church?

The city they were in, Ephesus, was a city that had an all female cult, where all the women were the priest, and that the men were subject to the women. To avoid appearing like this women cult, Paul told timothy not to have women practice spiritual authority over men. We MUST understand the historical context of each passage of scripture before we try to understand it in our own day and time.

What Paul told timothy is NOT for christians of all ages. Women can surely preach the word of God. What remains true is that if that woman is married, she must submit to the authority of her husband. I hope this answers this topic. God bless!
Women can surely preach the word of God. What remains true is that if that woman is married, she must submit to the authority of her husband.

So how then can she be proved to rule a household well. If it is a qualification for the office, but she doesnt have to adhere to ithow then can she be proved fit for the office?
I've heard every other scripture reconciled in a way tht points to the accepting of women preachers. But I have yet to see some one reconcile 1 Timothy 3:1-6.

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, F3 lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
My husband who is now a Pastor once said that he would never sit under a "woman pastor". We betta be careful of the things that come out of our mouths. Less that 6months from the time he spoke that he found himself sitting under one of the greatest Women Pastor's in the world. We stayed there for about 5-6yrs until we were called to our own Church. And no I am not talking about being sent there from a denomination. We were lead by the Spirit of God to her church. I do believe a Woman can not only preach the word but also Pastor if that is what God has called her to do!
But were does the bible teach that?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service