I ran across this video while doing searching another topic on YouTube.

Take a moment and watch this video and let me know your thoughts on what he has said and what you know about deliverance ministries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosI_jOhwHg

Below are some of the questions the minister address:

1. Are deliverance ministries biblical?

2. What is spiritual warfare?

3. Can a Christian be possessed by a demon?

4. Can a curse be on a Christian's life?

5. Can a Christian experiences demonic presences around them or even in them?

6. Are addictions demonic strongholds in a person's life?

7. Does the devil reall MAKE Christian's do things?

8. Can a non-Believer be possessed by a demon?

9. Can a person be possessed by a demon at birth?

10. How is a demon exorcised?

Here is another video where the minister addresses demon possession versus hauntings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAypne0tB8&NR=1

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I for one have been guilty of having a Jonah's spirit, not so much of fear, but of contempt,as he, to tell a love one the truth may hurt, but to tell one you would rather not spend eternity with, the truth, claws at your flesh.

Alas we die daily, had to do it anyway
I have never felt fear to witness but maybe a little uneasiness in myself. Either you will hear me or not. When I was 13 and I saw my homosexual Godfather after many years. It wasn't really fear of rejection or public humiliation but fear of not knowing what to say to him and not really knowing what it meant to be homosexual at that age.

The experience I did have of possible rejection was a couple of years ago here in Kentucky. I was at a restaurant with my sister and there was a young Caucasian about 18 maybe 19 waiting on us. He was a homosexual and I heard the voice of the Lord telling me to tell this young man that I loved him and Jesus does too. I was thinking, Lord is this you telling me to do this? Are you serious? Needless to say, I froze and I disobeyed. As we left the restaurant, I told my sister what Had happened. We proceeded to drive down the road and I couldn't shake it. I asked my sister what should I do? Should I go back? She said, if you feel lead to do so then let's go.

I was fearful to do this. I later thought that this young man may have been depressed, needed someone to talk to, needed to hear these words, may have been on the verge of hurting himself, or maybe he would have listened and I could have introduced him to Jesus.

To this day I beat myself up as I remember the sadness I saw in his eyes. The pain was reflected very clearly and I did nothing about it.
Stop beating yourself up , we all go through this, but God is God, if not through you through another the ministry was given to the young man.
Thanks for your encouraging words sis.

However, this one is very difficult for me because I sometimes wonder what happened to him and also, what if we flip the script and it was I that needed this and someone could have helped me but didn't. I like to put myself in others shoes when it comes to pain issues or feelings of depression or rejection.

I don't want my disobedience to cause hurt to someone else. I don't want to let another moment pass like this. We were at a service yesterday and the pastor (a female) said that a sister she worked with was depressed to the point of not being able to lift her head. The women testified that she wanted to floor to swallow her, she also said that she would cry each morning she woke up and wished that she would pass in her sleep. This pastor spoke life into the women and you wouldn't know how bad life had been with her by seeing her now. She is the picture of Joy in Christ.

I could have seen this same light shining in this young man if only I'd been obedient.
Sis,

Don't allow the disappointment of one missed opportunity to blind you from the numerous opportunities that will continue to come your way.

It's hard to run forward when you are looking backward as they say.

Think of it this way, what would you tell a minister who is experiencing what you are experiencing? How would you encourage them?
9. Can a person be possessed by a demon at birth?

My question is to all who are responding on this post. Would you consider the scriptures below to show that the Lord would allow demonic possession at birth. Allow as in, he doesn't do this but allows Satan to.

Proverbs 16:4 KJV
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Isaiah 45:7 KJV
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The scriptures show that God made the wicked for the day of evil and that he creates evil. Could this also mean those born with demonic possession?
Welllllllllll, I for one am not about to say what my God will do or not do, I do believe that all things work for the good of those who love the Lord.

Now it was God that harden Pharoah's heart, and the son of perdition, Judas, was purposed for what had to happen to fulfill prophecy.

as far as being born with demonic possession? for some reason Madelyn O'hara comes to mind, and the child she bore that is now a Christian. God will get the glory out of all things.
old Maddie "Murray" O'hara... the great American atheist. She has an interesting story.
LOL... oh my.... let me wait on the responses to this. Maybe KJV had it wrong.

I'm gonna give others an opportunity to post. I think I've done a lot of typing already LOL
Minister,

What is the convo about?
Brother Pierce,

The convo is about a variety of things. But you can respond to the actual topic if you wish.

Scroll to the top of this page which shows the general topic. There were 10 questions asked about Delieverance Ministries as well as for your general comment on such ministries.
Have you ever been led to LEAVE a person in their sin even though you love them and didn't want to see them perish?

Have you ever been led to LEAVE family or friend behind for the sake of walking with the Lord without them? I mean somewhat of a Abraham / Lot experience. That person or people were not meant to go with you? Did you take them along or maybe just delay the separation?

I knew I was suppose to separate from two very dear friends of mine about a year ago. I even told one of them about it. Not that they were dragging me into sin or anything, we are all very devoted to our Lord and Savior but I realized that there was this pull in me to get away from them... like I was depending on them too much. When I had a problem I would go to them first and the Lord last. I told one of them that I saw us being "torn" apart from each other. Well, I delayed the separation by denying it. And instead of separating at the time the Lord told me, I waited a year and recently the separation was literally a RIPPING!!! hurt like hell when it happened. Every time I think about it, I hear with in me that it could have been done a different way a year ago, but because I disobeyed... it was like Abraham and Lot... the point of separation cost more later than it would have at the point of requested obedience. *sigh*

What does this have to do with demons and deliverance ministries... eh, not much. Just thought I'd share a life story. If I were to tie it in somehow, I'd say Lord, deliver me from disobedience and the consequences of it!

Also, sometimes the result of our disobedience is being delivered up to tormentors!! Have you ever been in torment over something and didn't realize that it tied back to some area of disobedience in your life...especially unforgiveness?

Matt 18:33-35
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

You may forgive them with your lips but your hearts are far from it and you rehearse the hurt over and over wallowing in the offense.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service