I ran across this video while doing searching another topic on YouTube.

Take a moment and watch this video and let me know your thoughts on what he has said and what you know about deliverance ministries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosI_jOhwHg

Below are some of the questions the minister address:

1. Are deliverance ministries biblical?

2. What is spiritual warfare?

3. Can a Christian be possessed by a demon?

4. Can a curse be on a Christian's life?

5. Can a Christian experiences demonic presences around them or even in them?

6. Are addictions demonic strongholds in a person's life?

7. Does the devil reall MAKE Christian's do things?

8. Can a non-Believer be possessed by a demon?

9. Can a person be possessed by a demon at birth?

10. How is a demon exorcised?

Here is another video where the minister addresses demon possession versus hauntings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAypne0tB8&NR=1

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The most condeming fortress we can possess is unforgiveness, Unforgiveness keeps out God's forgiveness, and it protects our damnation. This is what I reference to with the children they have a hard time forgiving firstly themselves and their parents.
I taught a lesson on strongholds and I used graphic pictures from a video game to do it. Mostly everyone understands the concept of video games. The name of this one just happened to be...

STRONGHOLD

Parables are merely word pictures to help a person SEE a biblical truth. Many people are against the parabolic way of teaching, but I LOVE pictures. This is how the Lord teaches me, through imagery and even through allegorical examples that He just drops in my mind in my time with Him.

I had a dream this morning .. you know that last dream just before you wake up. And in the dream I was in a sanctuary and I came upon a young girl who was frozen with a horrid expression on her face. She was dead in the front pew. People came around screaming wondering what happened to the girl. But I realized we weren't alone. I asked everyone to be quiet and be still. Then I began to look around the sanctuary. There was light shinning through the beautiful stained glass but there were areas in the sanctuary that were dark. And that is when I saw them. Demons, hiding in the darkness, in a SANCTUARY. And during the night, they had scared the little girl to death. The didn't touch her but their very presence was so terrifying that she died screaming. When I awoke, the Lord gave me the interpretation of the dream. Like light shining through beautiful stained glass windows, Perfect love casts out FEAR. But where does it go once cast out.... it goes to dry desert places and returns with 7 worse than was there before. And if you have not abided or continually stayed in the presence of God's perfect love ... knowing that no matter what, John 3:16 is a reality for EVERYONE no matter who and no matter what you've done, even as a Believer.... God's perfect love will CONTINUALLY cast out fear.

I talk to my Father all the time. And even as I am writing now, He is revealing more about that dream and I am seeing the faces of those who are Believers and have paralyzing fear within them that they are refusing to talk about. It will eventually kill them... the silent killer of stress will overtake them. Worry will come in, self-protection will become like a spider web that snares them....

The wicked flee when no one is chasing them. Can a servant of God be... wicked?

Demons don't have to chase you, they can just be in your presence for a little while and affect your thoughts. Sin can be just an opportunity for the moment and determine your future.

So, when you are dealing with strongholds, are you being set free from one or are you out in the open, doing your own thing fighting your way and realizing you need to run towards One?

And most importantly, what weapons are you using in this spiritual battle of strongholds? What weapons are we told to use?

Take your thoughts captive and MAKE them obey Christ. Our weapon is God's word... what do we know about God as opposed to what is around us, our situation or circumstance or even what others are telling us about Him?
I believe at this point in the scripture everyone that is a believer didn't have the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. They (the Jews) were indeed the chosen children but had not yet experienced the power of the Holy Ghost. This means that they too were susceptible to demonic possession. After the Holy Ghost came upon them this possibility of possession left.

If you look in today's times many of those that we see demons being cast from are Church folk. Why? they are just sitting in the midst but have not received the Holy Ghost. Many don't see the importance of having the Holy Spirit and the power that comes with that.
believe at this point in the scripture everyone that is a believer didn't have the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. They (the Jews) were indeed the chosen children but had not yet experienced the power of the Holy Ghost. This means that they too were susceptible to demonic possession. After the Holy Ghost came upon them this possibility of possession left.

Now this is absolutely correct! and knowing that you EW have the same spiritually upbringing that I have, but younger, have you ever experienced a person being delivered, receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, backslide and when they returned were worst off then at the beginning, because the demon brought back reinforcements to vessel that was sanctified.
Yes, sister Fugett: there is a brother in Detroit who was filled with the Holy Ghost and was once a fire ball for Christ. He had a beautiful family and all seemed to be well for him. One day something happened to this holyghost filled man that only he knows.

I saw him at one of my relatives beauty shop and there he stood declaring that none of it was real, God is a fake, speaking in tongues is a joke, and this holiness stuff is made up. He was also separated from his family and in an apparent state of delusion. He sounds to be a reprobate.

Another brother really surprised my husband and I as well. We got an email from his wife who was asking for us to pray for him. They were a beautiful saved family with 4 small children. His testimony was awesome as to how God delivered him from drugs, alcoholism and many, many, many more unspeakable things. God, in saving him, blessed him with this wonderful life in Christ. This young man also was on fire for the Lord.

His wife's email to us revealed that he had backsliden, left her and the children, was living an unthinkable lifestyle to the point of danger to himself and the children and she stated that he was saying some horrible things about the Lord that she cannot repeat. Her email also stated that he had let something evil into his new house away from her and the kids and she was afraid to let them even visit him.

So yes sister Fugett, I have seen those who have returned to the road to perdition and are worse than the first state.
Now Evg Fugett, if that doesn't deserve a RING-A-LING-A-LING of the school bell I don't know what does. LOL

I was wondering if anyone would ever mention that.

Now the next questions are...

Does a person receive the Holy Spirit at the point of conversion?

If not, how are they converted without the Holy Spirit?

Does the Holy Spirit possess the Believer like a demon would possess a non-Believer?

If so, then is a person not responsible for their puppet-like actions under the Holy Spirit just as most people do not hold them fully responsible when they were demon possessed?

For example, if the demon-possessed man in the tombs went about hurting people, was he legally responsible for his actions? Likewise, once he was delivered and let's say he also received the Spirit of God and know is showing love. Is he legally held responsible for being loving when he could not have been loving without the Spirit of God?

(I know, I know... I think too much -- LOL)
The Holy Spirit is a gift that we recieve, this is not the same as the Baptism of the Holy Ghost that according to Acts 2:4 we ask for, that endows us with power to be a witness, as EW stated, there are church folks that are not Baptize with the Holy Spirit, however they are saved, because of their confession.

It is not a possession, that would go against freewill
So are demons greater than the Holy Spirit of God that they can control a person and imprison that person's free will? but the Holy Spirit can't ... or is that He won't?
Isaiah 45:4

4 For the sake of Jacob My servant, and of Israel My chosen, I have called you by your name. I have surnamed you, though you have not known Me.

So EW, do you mean there are those who can be called by God's name and not know Him?

Ok now this next passage is confusing:

Matt 7:21-23

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How could these people cast out devils if they didn't know the Lord?

How could these people cast out devils, prophesy and do many wonderful works if the Holy Spirit had not yet come?

Can miracles be performed without the Holy Spirit?

Does the Holy Spirit give you power to do miracles... if not what power does He give you?
I call this passage The "not so great Commission"

Luke 10:1-2, 17-20
1After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Ok, Jesus sends 70 folk out before the Great Commissioning of the 11 disciples. What did they do?

17And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Wait a minute, demons had to obey people who had not experienced the Holy Spirit in the upper room? How can this be?

I post this kind of stuff because there wad "deliverance ministry" prior to the Holy Spirit and the fiery tongues. So, what did these people do in their "deliverance ministry" I believe Rev. Luckett said something about this earlier.
Sister Tracy:

Catholic priest perform exorcisms using the word. God's word is God's word. This is where the power lies, within his word.

However, notice how they need an army of men to keep the demon possessed off of them. The demons are angry and want to attack them because they don't fear a vessel that doesn't have the holy spirit. If you look at the movie exorcism. The demon killed the priest because there was no power there. So using the word of God, one can cast out or exorcise a demon but the demon knows that they don't have the power of God.

Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you?

God gave the authority to cast out demons to the Apostles.
Witch doctors can perform miracles without the Holy Spirit.
Greater works than these shall you do. In my name ye shall cast out devils, ye shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover....etc If ye drink any deadly thing it shall not harm you. We can even walk on serpents :)
and the school bell rings again!

Especially that the power that Holy Spirit brings is to be a witness. Think about this; It takes more courage to stand up for the gospel message than to do a miracle.

A miracle will be well received most of the time. But you tell someone that they will die in their sins... all HELL will break lose and you will possibly face losing your very life.

But what happens when we lose our lives for the Christ's sake?

Casting out demons... great.. wonderful. That takes some courage as well.... but you may notice that there are fewer evangelists than there are others who proclaim a "gift of the Spirit" or an "office in the five fold".

Most people desire gifts that will be more "showy" for the lack of a better term.

Have you ever had a time in your life when you were terrified of speaking God's word to a person or a people who you KNEW didn't want to hear it and would possibly cuss or hit you or reject you publicly? Did you do it anyway? Did you feel "power" before, during or after you spoke up?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service