What exactly is this mark?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been trying to get this myself! If you know let me know because what I read in the Word has not been made clear to me. I get the number of man which according to Rev 21:17 is 144 cubits. Rev 15:2 says the number of his name, so is this referring to the anti christ? Is man's number ten or is it 6 since he's created on the sixth day. I pray for enlightenment on this subject.
666, as the word states, is the number of a man. When looking at revelation, we must study it from a historical background first. To the author, and readers of the book of revelation, in 1st century palestine, the man of 666 was a Roman emperor, namely, Nero. Basically, no one can do anything under Nero, less they pledged alligance to him, called him their Lord, God, and savior, and lived under his name, etc.

The Lord says those who take this mark, even Christians, will drink the cup of God's wrath, and will suffering eternal destruction. Revelation can open doors in understanding once you know the historical background of the book.
Now see I know that they say that number was relevant to Nero but how does that apply to God's Word and today? This is why I couldnt' relate or maybe even believe they were meaning Nero. I also have heard that in Rev 13 the beast of the sea having seven heads and ten horns and upon his head were ten crowns that the beast is the Vatican (Pope) and the seven heads are Egypt, Assyria (Syria today), Babylon (Iraq today), Medo-Persia (Iran today), Greece, Rome and Germany! The seven kingdoms that persecuted God's chosen people. The ten kings with the ten crowns are the ten kingdoms that Rome had and broke up and also I've heard that maybe it's Russia that broke up into ten separate places. Then when in Rev 17:10 five are fallen and one is well back in that time Rome was still standing and the other five had fallen and the other not yet come is Germany. And the beast that was and is not even he is the eighth say are referring to the Greek leader Antiochus that persecuted Jews more than anyone did that he is coming back from the dead. I really want to do a study with people here to get their views on Revelation and the Seven churches but I've tried and got no responses. I think so called Christians are afraid to touch Revelation and the Seven Churches and I dont' understand why. I know that is two other subjects but felt it was in line for what we are discussing and will start another attempt to get people to talk about those two. Thanks again my Brother James.
Revelation is a book of historical prophecy. It is a prophecy about the Roman empire of the time. How does 666 relate to Christians in the 21st century. Well, lets look at the meaning behind who the early Christians saw as the antichrist--Nero.

Nero demanded alligance from his people, including Christians. Nero wanted to be declared Lord, God, and savior to all people. Saying that Jesus is Lord, God, and savior, meant death by burning, eaten by animals, and decapitation.

This may not relate to Christians in the United States, but it relates to Christians in the Middle, Africa, China, and many other places, where declaring Jesus Lord, meant death. So, it depends on where you live for scriptures like this to relate to you.

The beat of the sea, earth, and all of that is dealing with the Roman empire, and its rulers. It has nothing to do with what you see on tv, or what these prophecy teachers think its saying. The whore of babylon, and the destruction of babylon are figurative of the Roman empire. We know that the Carthagins, or Barbarians, if you will, defeated Rome, and the fall of the empire came.
ROFL!!!! even though 501C3 and 666 do not mean the same thing. It is funny.
brother, you'd have to explain what does 666, which was a identification of alligance in the roman empire, have anything to do with a 501C3, which basically protects the church against many Gov't dealings.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service