Paul said in I Timothy 2:11-2:15:

“Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.”

But it seems God had other ideas.

Genesis 3:13 - “And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me and I did eat.“ This is a confession of the female ironically stating (given the “accusation” of Paul) that she was indeed “beguiled” or tricked, even deceived. She willingly spoke her truth before God. As such, this was a fallen but proven righteous female who a traditionally-minded Paul saw fit to lodge attack against anyway. She confessed in black and white to exactly what he is still accusing her of these many ages after, and we must ask, particularly in the face of continued subjugation of the female (even from the time of Paul), that's righteous? But what about her approved confession of Genesis 3:13, and how much greater would that teaching from him have been? That she was “beguiled” was all she confessed to, and all she proved having need to confess of in the garden before God.

I John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Proverbs 28:13 says, “He that covers his sins shall not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.”

Despite the clear word of God, and despite a Christ who commands that we ourselves confess in order to be set free, the tradition of the Church falls in line behind a Paul to justify subjugation of a rightly confessed female before God. Note also, God asked her this question, and that God asked confirms that what she too said (and even in the presence of a man) would matter according to the plan of God. Unlike a Paul, even at a moment as critical as the fall, God did not prove to desire her silence (and particularly given that the man only saw fit to lodge accusation). If all she sought to do was learn from and then follow the example of an Adam, then she too would have, as did an Adam and like the enemy does, accuse the brethren. But she did not, operating with respect for her own separate “head,” she alone did not lodge accusation against the brethren but confessed truth to the glory of God instead.

Genesis 3:14 confirms His belief of her confession, saying, “Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.” Here is where we know God had respect for her statement as a confession of truth. A soon to be punished Adam however did not confess a truth that a righteous God could act on. Who knew that the words “Because thou hast done this” by God in Genesis 3:16 proves a demonstration in righteousness by the female in Genesis 3:13, and even today according to the actual truth in word, stands (whether acknowledged by the traditional male pulpit or not) as our first biblical example of making a right confession before God? In the aftermath of the fall, with a stubborn Adam still rejecting God, she alone emerged as a model citizen! The male tradition certainly won’t teach us this, but astounding isn’t it? So whether intended or not, Paul actually launched attack against one justly walking in the righteousness of God (and even subjugated by the man), and it was an attack even first against God as it is his righteousness.

But Paul said, “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.” Due to the male tradition, a blinded Paul proves not to comprehend that the transgression of Eve WAS obediently covered by confession of her sin before God. In a world where the God who created already knew it would fall, Eve proved to function according to call. She alone demonstrated respect and fear of God by justly confessing the truth of her sin, and doing so in right alignment with the provision of Confession already made available by God. Further, pride went before the fall, so how is it that the accusing, un-broken, proud attitude of a soon to be punished Adam, arrogant even while standing before God, is not evidence that he too was deceived (and even more so than a now confessed Eve) by the enemy? How selectively convenient of Paul. Yet at the Return of Christ, acting in like mind of a garden Adam will be enough to take each of us straight to Hell.

Genesis 3:15 says, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” This confirms the difference God was only able to draw between the serpent and the “head” of the female but not also between the “head” of an Adam and the serpent.

In Genesis 3:16 God says to the female, “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow.” What we fail to note is that in order to “multiply” her sorrow, there must first be, in whole or in part, at least a seed of that sorrow to begin with, otherwise there is nothing to multiply. Hence we have proof of her sorrow (as even acknowledged by God) at the top of Genesis 3:16, a sorrow expressed by her in direct aftermath of the fall, confirming crucial repentance, and even a repentance first evidenced in her confession of Genesis 3:13. I am not getting into issues as to why Genesis 3:16 only represents consequences due to the fall itself for the female (even as it still does today for us) and not a personal punishment of her by God, except to say, given a confession of her sin in Genesis 3:13 which God proves respect for in Genesis 3:14, and then even that God acknowledged her repentance in Genesis 3:16 (saying that he would “multiply“ what was already her present “sorrow“), unless God is a liar and not who he says he is, a God proving faithful and just to forgive us our sins, she was not punished. There is a sound explanation in word inclusive of the Hebrew dismissing the issue of punishment in Genesis 3:16, but given that her confession and state of repentance was already fully endorsed by God at and prior to the beginning of Genesis 3:16, all other details regarding Genesis 3:16 are academic in nature only. God, who is no respecter of persons, did not position a proven unjust man to “rule over” (even) a female proving to walk in his righteousness. To do this, He might as well give Heaven to be ruled over by Hell as well. It sounds ridiculous, but it’s the same mind-set.

Genesis 3:20 says, “And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.” - Not only is this the first time the perspective of Adam in word acknowledges the female as his “wife,” but even post-fall she is still honored by God in name and title as an “Eve” meaning “life-giver” and “mother of all living” as a childless, virgin in a fallen garden.

Genesis 3:21 says, “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.“ What we must focus our attention on here is the word “also.“ The use of “also” in this verse makes the man Adam secondary in this work by God (symbolically covering sin) to the primary who is the female Eve. God only made “coats of skins” for two people, and he only referred to Adam in this process as an “also“ because his actions are actually first directed to the female Eve. Adam, her husband, again, is only referenced by God as “also.” This confirms that God was only able to cover the sin of both due to the just actions (confession/repentance) of the female alone and not a still stubborn Adam. Remember, Adam did not confess, he did not repent, and he alone was punished. How could God have justly used him for anything in such a state?

Genesis 3:24 says, “So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.” It was Adam alone who was driven out of the garden by God, never also a confessed and honored Eve. She left according to the call of God only to remain as a wife to Adam. In a confessed state she was not even barred from the tree of life, else then what does that say of us?

So when Paul says, “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in transgression“ it is he and others thinking like him in obedience to the tradition, who prove themselves deceived and grossly, even dangerously, in transgression. Again I say to the Church, give me proof in word that your subjugation of the female is of God and not the work of subtle, clever, and manipulative unclean spirits, because if you are depending on Paul to do it, this isn‘t it.

What are your comments?

Views: 332

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hezekiah,

Perhaps my memory is mistaken. But the Scriptures I thought you posted before are among the very verses which are themselves based upon the misinterpretation of the garden word, a misinterpretation of word that I am contesting here.
What I don't understand is how can you fight against sound doctrine unless you don't know what it is. Think about it.
Hezekiah,

And I don't understand why what is thought of as sound doctrine does not line up with who God is. But I made a decision long ago to follow my God only. To the extent the pulpit (and including a Paul) lines up in word great, but when they don't, I cease to follow in whatever regard it is.

Because of who God is, he dictates for us how to interprete word. All of it must prove him to be holy, righteous, pure, and all-knowing, having all power. We are charged not to accept anything less else it is not God who we are actually in it for. That is my heart.
Ok. Who is God then?

How many is in the Godhead?

Are we going to heaven?

Is the rapture in the Bible?

Did Jesus die on Good Friday, and rise Easter Sunday morning?

Will you answer these for me?
Hezekiah,

My purpose here is to prove equality and total freedom of the female, and yes I understand that there are other differences in belief, but no one is asking you to accept that you even as a child of God, are not made in his reflection. That you are not only inherently less but even further away...from Him.
Here is the scripture on interpreting the word.

2Peter 1:19-20 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Isaiah 8:19-20 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Now this is clear, are you going to reject this?
You didn't answer any of my questions, so that leaves me to believe you are a false prophet, even a Jazebel, wroth with the Word of God.

Bringing confusion, with this garden doctrine. It must line up.

Isaiah 28:9-10 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Revelation 2:20-23 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Hezekiah,

I did not answer your questions last night because one, they take us too far off topic, and too, it was late and I went to bed. So can we back up a bit?

Further, the reason why I didn't address the verses you referenced, is because I could not readily see the relevance of the verses in context to this conversation. In one Peter is giving testimony about Christ, ok certainly no problem for me, and in the other Isaiah is speaking about a people who would prefer to seek out mediums than God.

I get it if it is intended to me as a rebuke (or I might even say insult) but I don't think, though we differ in opinion, that I have ever led you or anyone else to believe or think that I consult anything, or anyone other than God and the word of God. I was plesed to give you that benefit of the doubt but perhaps I was wrong.

And you are telling me that what I have said does not line up but you my brother have yet to line up continued subjugation in the face of the Blood on the Cross. How easy should that be for one so willing to subjugate!

Further, I pray that it will occur to those continuing to subjugate the female that they are like the man owing ten talents to his Master who has received mercy and is forgiven but even as forgiven goes and beats and puts another in jail owing him just a hundred pence? I mean really. You talk about a train wreck of a word, it is the male tradition.

Peace and love.
Hello Brother Watson,

You have the issue, it is your tradition that makes him to be the hypocrite. End subjugation and this all goes away. No more problem, then we can all be free and healed in Christ Jesus regardless of what actually did or did not happen in the garden. But you can't preach freedom to me in Christ Jesus while yet still subjugating me with a word from the garden.
Brother Watson,

When I speak about the subjugation of women I am speaking about it as a practice of the Church. It is not based upon word, certainly not the garden word and it is wrong.
Dawn,

Are you feminist? Apart of the the women's liberation movement?
But you assume the absence of a confession because, to your estimation, one is not expressly given by Adam in the record. But we have two statements: "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate" and "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." Why should we view the second as any more of a confession than the first? To the extent that Eve's statement is a confession, so is Adam's: both acknowledge that they ate that which was forbidden. (Both also want to deflect some of the responsibility for their guilt--but Pastor Watson has already adequately written on that... I can't add anything to his analysis.)

In any case, the building of a hermeneutic on the appearance of "also" in Genesis 3:21 is specious, because no such word appears in the original Hebrew.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service