IS IT GOOD FOR UNMARRIED PERSON TO BE ELECTED AS A BISHOP? ,SHOULD A WOMAN BE CALLED AN APOSTLE OR A BISHOP?

Fellow Brothers, Sisters, Pastors and Lawyers, I would like us to delibrate on this Topic, either in support or Against with Bible refrences, should a woman , married or unmarried be addressed as an Apostle or a Bishop?

Secondly, should a woman head a church where there are other qualified pastors or ministers in the same church?

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marquiese: For the record, JESUS told a woman who HE was in John 4, HE told the the pharisees who HE was when HE told them HE was the Son of GOD, Samuel told Saul that he was a Prophet....need I go on? I did not use that as a way to try to silence you. Thats a foolish and made-up idea of yours. You TOTALLY missed the point of me using those scriptures with you, but thats alright. Someday (soon, prayerfully) you'll understand.

Spirit: Why did you turn from the knowledge and blessing of supporting the sisters called to ministry?? NO WHERE did you see that the scriptures were specific about the calling of a Pastor because the Pastoral position is the least mentioned position out of the 5-Fold Ministry offices. The Deaconate and Bishopric are similar in requirements (in fact, they're exactly the same), and you see that Phebe was a Deacon, fully endorsed by Apostle Paul. In even the history of Roman government, when they reported the persecution of the Christians, they spoke of men and women in leadership positions.
What scripture in John 4 does JESUS tell the woman who He was???
I am not reading that here.
I need book and verse!!!
I need scriptures for all these other things you said here as well.
I'll be waiting for them.
lol, wow!! Was it not in the place (John 4:26) where she said when Messiah comes HE would teach us all things, and HE responded I am HE? Didn't HE openly declare Himself a Prophet when HE said a Prophet goes not without honor except amongst his own kindred? What about when HE healed the young man of blindness in John 9:35-37? Didn't HE say to him that HE was the Son of GOD? Did you miss these points? Is it blasphemy for a Pastor to say "I am a Pastor"? Or a Bishop to say "I am a Bishop"? You being C.O.G.I.C. hear this all the time, and yet now its a crime punishable by stone and crucifixion combined if a person says "I'm a Prophet"! The funniest thing is, I didn't even initially say that at all!! However, since its come to that, yes I am one. Oh and don't try to flip it and say something negative against ministers that announce who they are openly either. There is no crime against it at all.

However that is not the point of this forum, so back to the subject. I would suggest that when people are claiming to be "ordained by GOD to do this or that", that you take wise Gamaliel's advice, and stand back. In Acts 5, he warned them to watch how they dealt with the Apostles, and I am suggesting the same with how all would speak about women in leadership. If it be of man, it will fall to nothing, left and right, up and down. None of it will show the dynamics of the Kingdom of GOD. If their callings are GOD-ordained however, beware. You will not be insulting them, but GOD Himself, for they would be HIS ambassadors and Envoys, and one of the quickest ways to go to war with a country is to harm or insult their Ambassadors. Verbal assault is STILL legally an assault. I cannot convince anyone that refuses to hear, but I beg you to be careful MarQuiese, and anyone else reading this!
Jesus told the woman that AFTER she had already perceived this.
So let's try that one again.
Next, as I stated on my profile (THAT IS IF YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND NOT TRY TO FIND SOMETHING TO USE AGAINST ME NEGATIVELY) I do not respond to these "spiritual scare tactics" that the church uses these days.
I speak what comes directly from the Word and if you have an issue with that don't come to me with it- go to God with it.
Your scare tactics DO NOT scare me sir. I will continue to speak to YOU and anyone else what the Word says.
When you show me a scripture that changes what the Word of God has said regarding leadership THEN I will repent.
Until then I will speak what the Word says and nothing else.
You be blessed.
Your whoo-doo does't work on me.
I'm covered by the blood.
You e-profits (excuse me e-prophets) kill me hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!
No, your words kill you. I used no scare tactic at all. There is nothing to even MENTION of fear here, yet you will be the first to believe that its all a scare tactic or something.

As for the woman, she did not realize who HE was till HE clearly said it. She said "I perceive that you're a Prophet", true, but she didn't know that HE was the Messiah Himself. What of the other accounts that I stated, for they are all similiar? And what of the other comments I made? I make a clear and contious effort to address all said to me, what about your end of the deal?
Brethren, if I may interject hear and just pass this word of wisdom that I have come to learn on this BPN right now both of you are going back and forth and really its amounting to nothing but two people throwing insults back and forth towards each other so everyone can watch on. While this subject is definitly something we can debate with much vigor but we shold not divide over it and right now there is a great divide between you two. I have found myself caught up going back and forth with someone and it got ugly. Thank God for the person that stepped in and ask us to cool it. So I'm asking now that you two take a step back cool it, and reread what you have been saying to one another and ask "Is God pleased?" I'm sure he enjoys a little reasoning together, but not when it gets nasty.

With Love,
Eric Culberson Jr.
I've already more than once told this (whoever he claim to be) to leave me alone about this. NOTHING he has said (or will say) is going to change my mind. If he wants to AS A MAN sit under some woman then that is his American and free-willed right to do so but I refuse to let some negro tell ME I'm wrong because I don't want to accept that mess. THAT is where I draw the line. I don't care about having differences but you will NOT tell me I am wrong THEN try to use the Word to backup some man-made doctrine THEN have the nerve to try and put some curse over my life because I don't want to hear what you have to say. Take that mess to somebody who believe that mess. He'll learn me afterwhile. I thought with him reading my profile he would see that I am not in the least weak-minded so claiming you got some title means NOTHING to me. Once I said that I believe what the WORD has said that should have ended it but as always these church folk want to indoctrinate somebody and if you don't do as they say then something is wrong with you. They can go somewhere with that mess. I don't have any hard feelings against him I don't know him but I won't let him disrespect me and use his supposed "spiritual authority" to do this.
"Bishop" I read you but what I'm talking about has nothing to do with the topic, but everything to do with the tone in which the conversation between you two has turned. You and I dont believe in women preacher/pastors Brother Trevor does. You gave your view points he gave his but that was several posts ago and now its turned ugly. And on the outside looking in one would think you two were enemies and not two men who's principle faith is built on the same ROCK. But alas you will do what you want but I encourage you to go back and read your reponses, one thing we will never be able to do with reading post is Hear the voice tone you would be using. But me just reading it sounds like it would animated. I just saw two brother fighting and made an attempt to speak a little peace, accept it or reject it but at least pray on it. I leave you with this:

Proverba 15:1-2
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Lol you church folk I tell you.
Hilarious.
Now there are "tone" moderators on BPN now...LOL Sometimes a man has to be a man and a man at times has to go to...WAR! Doesn't take away ones salvation, or whether one is still heaven bound. Sometimes a MAN has to say what most are scerred to say or should say when confronted. The Bible never says never to be angry, its why God gave us this emotion. Its not a sin to be angry, it becomes only a sin when the anger moves into sin. Nobody has knifed or cussed out anyone here. Are we that soft? What are we gonna do when the environment is condusive for confrontation when others have misused God's Word for their own agenda and has turned it into a den of thieves. I guess most on BPN didn't read when Jesus went buck wild in using a whip to whip folx and turning over tables when it happened over 2,000 years ago. As it was then, as it is now. Did Paul ever get angry and have a hostile tone when rebuking Peter for sugar coating the life and commands of Christ in the book of Acts?

Sometimes through arguments, heated or not can create more of an understanding for them to learn from what makes the other passionate. Through that I believe so many have come to recognize what their true calling and purpose is. Since were all grown (or supposed to be), let men be men. We are called to be at peace with one another, but always ready for....WAR, just in case.
So Mr. Newman it is your assertion that the bible calls us to "go to WAR" with each other? Over a topic that will in the end keep no one out of heaven! If you dont agree with women pastor's or preachers dont go to a church that does! And what does being scarred have to do with anything? If you read all the post that have come from these two you would see that it went from a simple debate to a bunch of name calling and hurling cyber insults questioning one's calling by God that had absolutly nothing to do with the original topic. Yes the bible does say " Be angry and sin not" at what point is sin involved? When you cant get the debate on topic? When you begin to try and down talk the one your talking to? Please tell me at which point sin gets involved? Nope I'm not the "tone" moderator I'm just trying to be a good brother. But it seems that even when you try to that someone comes along and tries to keep the fire going. Well I tried go ahead have it your way!
I already know why the message was posted there Scott . As always I am looked at as some mean, angry, bitter soul who is out to destroy the church lol!!!
I am far from angry I am not a weak man and I speak with passion.
It's funny to me how this "other" person does the SAME thing I do and he even belittles people but not once have I EVER saw this type of message posted to him.
But as always I must be singled out.
I don't let these people bother me.
If I had a title in front of my name they wouldn't think so negative of me but because I am just lil' 'ole MarQuiese they don't care what they say or how they say it. But I better not open my mouth and speak up for myself. I know how it works around here now and I am better prepared than I was before.
Then this other person most likely was given some info (well some gossip) about me so that egged him on to start talking foolishness but you see nothing was said until I called him on his "supposed" calling lol!!!
These people keep me in stitches with their cliques and such.
Pure and utter jokes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service