Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

Views: 5461

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Preacher you have not answer the question if Adam and Eve was saved from their before being evicted from the garden why is every man born a sinner through their sin which as you say were aready forgiven.
Because man is a sinner from Adams fall...we all came from the loins of Adam..this is why we are born in sin...the bible teaches that God saved us ( all who will and have become saved ) from before he created Adam or Eve...

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--

so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned-rather, "all sinned," that is, in that one man's first sin. Thus death reaches every individual of the human family, as the penalty due to himself,Even so, by one man righteousness has entered into the world, and life by righteousness."

Adams sin was as if the whole human race had sinned because we all came from Adam...although Adam was saved..thoes who are of the elect will also be saved..in God's time...

John17
6“I have revealed youa to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

the last verse speaks of all who become saved until the last day..the elect of God...

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--

If you become saved...thats doesn't mean you sister will..so to speak I pray both of you are saved... :)
GB
Preacher you have not answered my question which was if Adam and Eve's sins were forgiven before they began to have children why would men be born of their sins when there was no sin because you said it was already forgiven before any conception took place.
Preacher you have not answered my question which was if Adam and Eve's sins were forgiven before they began to have children why would men be born of their sins when there was no sin because you said it was already forgiven before any conception took place.

I'll answer it again...
(Genesis 3:15). God made garments of skin for Adam and Eve after the fall (Genesis 3:21).the first animal sacrifice, foreshadowing the eventual death of Christ on the cross for the sins of the world. Putting these facts together, it would seem that Adam and Eve were saved and did indeed go to Heaven / Paradise when they died.

Genesis 3:21
The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

( while they were still in the Garden )

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Coats of skins: Type of "Christ, made unto us righteousness" a divinely provided garment that the first sinners might be made fit for God's presence. See Righteousness, garment Gen 3:21 Rev 19:8.

{8} Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:5
(8) God is said to have chosen us in Christ, that is, because it pleased him to appoint us when we were not yet born, whom he would make to be his children by Jesus Christ. So that there is no reason for our election to be looked for here, except in the free mercy of God...

God foreordained a church which should be composed of those adopted as his children.
According to the pleasure of his will. The act of predestination was due simply to God's sovereign will. His will was the cause.

For all have sinned - In Adam, and in their own persons; by a sinful nature, sinful tempers, and sinful actions. And are fallen short of the glory of God - The supreme end of man; short of his image on earth, and the enjoyment of him in heaven.

To answer your last question why are we born into sin if Adam and Eve were saved..
Adam and eve's sins were forgiven...yet there was still sin in the earth Satan had taken rule and became the god of this world...Adam and Eve gave it to him through their fall...
Sin’s effects permeate everything, the suffering we see all around us is a direct result of that sin.

Are you forgiven? do you ever sin? ;)

But God did not leave us here to suffer pointlessly. Our loving and merciful God has a perfect plan to use that suffering to accomplish His threefold purpose. First, He uses pain and suffering to draw us to Himself so that we will cling to Him. Jesus said, “In the world you shall have tribulation” (John 16:33). Trials and distress are not something unusual in life; they are part of what it means to be human in a fallen world.

He proves to us that our faith is real through the suffering and pain that are inevitable in this life. How we respond to suffering is determined by the genuineness of our faith. Those with faith truly from God, “the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2), will not be crushed by suffering, but will come through the trial with their faith intact, having been “proven through fire”
( Genesis 3:24)
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
so that it “might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:7).

If you need more I have it :)

GB
Preacher,

How do you explain Rev 22--- referring the possibility of one's name being taking out of the book of life for adding to the words of Prophecy?

How do you explain the righteous man's righteousness being wipped out for his habitual sins, in ezekiel 18??

Answer both these questions, please.
If Adam and Eve was forgiven for their sins before it happened we would not be dying to this day. If you read in Genesis 3, you will see that God punished them for sinning against the him. Jesus' blood covers their sins. They repented of their sins by admitting to God that they sinned. I can go a little more in dept if needed.
Rev,

Thats scripture. Those who die unrepentance will die in their sin.
You see Rev that is my thoughts but there are those who insist that once a believer no matter if the believer turn their back choose to follow a life of sin they will go to heaven and they have no need to repent because Jesus already died for the sin they are going to commit. Now I believe these people are deluding themselves if they think as a Christian I can decide I am going to reject Christ and follow a satanic lifestyle and still go to heaven without having to repent because I once accepted Christ. Now the preacher is saying that is the case and I am saying if that is the case no one need to be wasting energy preaching repentance.
Ok I see theres need for more explanation...
the bible teaches us that when we are born again we receive a new spirit that never wabts to sin...so It'Impossible to remain an adulterer or a murderer...
because the holy spirit convicts us when we fall into sin..and we cannot remain in any sin for long...

this Is what the gospel teaches us...we are regenerated given a new nature that hates sin..those who say otherwise don't know the power of salvation...because Its most likely they have not become born again...anyone who is born again knows they cannot remain in sin...by experience...

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

The purpose of salvation is “to open the eyes [of unbelievers] and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God” (Acts 26:18).

GB
Rev,

Its very posible for a "saved man" to give up his inheritance.
Rev,
Its happened in this world.. even the word says its happened. It may not happened you, and so you may compare yur own faith to this. But, thee are peopl who ha given up their faith. A man's name CAN BE removed from the book of life.
THE BOOK OF life is one thing...the Lambs book of Life is another...Man can be removed from the book of Life...but not from the Lambs book of Life...

Revelation 20:12
11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

that last mention of the book of Life is rweferring to the Lambs book of life...God already told us all were judged out of the book of Life...alll meaning all ever born into the world...then it goes on the speak of thoes being judge are not written in the lambs book of life...

Revelation 21:27
Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

so...the book of life is the book where all humans are written that ever lived...and the lambs book of life is the book of all who are born again..whoever was not written there will be cast into hell...
GB

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service