Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

Views: 5459

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

rev,

You did.. What did you find?
Psalm 69:28: “Let them [David’s enemies] be blotted out of the book of the living.” This “book of the living” should not be confused with the Lamb’s Book of Life. David is referring to earthly, physical life, not eternal life in heaven. The same is true of the “book” mentioned in Exodus 32:32-33.
Rev,

Ahh ok.
Thats Impossible...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Criminal justice
1 U.S. courts.
Double jeopardy is a procedural defense (and, in many countries such as Canada, India, Israel, Mexico and the United States a constitutional right) that forbids a defendant from being tried twice for the same crime on the same set of facts.
In this case it would be Sin....
GB
There you go Preacher refusing to believe God gave us freedom of choice and to everything there are opposite as there are two roads.

Do you not believe as a believer the devil is trying harder to get us to sin in order to separate us from God so therefore sin is a thing of constant battle in a believers lives which means if we are not putting on the full armour and be grounded in the faith as we should we can loose our way to temptation and those of us who abide in Christ will use the tools given to us to resist temptation.

I am sure you know there are born again who are not armouring themselves and who are not using the tools open to them and therefore they will fall into temptation otherwise we would not have backsliders sometimes they fall so far into temptation that they like it so much they prefer to stay there and refuse to repent these are they that I do not believe will enter.

I think the parable of the soil is a good example which shows that not all of us have good grounding and some quickly lose the word those will be those that back slide and some will come back some will not.

I also believe that many all call and only few will be chosen for that very reason and like Judas I believe God already knew before he called us which one of us will fail just as he knew Judas would fail.

I also like my brother believe Exekiel 18: 24 sum it up because it say those that were righteous who chose to walk the like of the unrighteous all their righteousness will be forgotten and they will die in sin that he has sinned will he die in.

This tells me that as a believer if I start to sin my good deeds will no longer be remember therefore if I do not repent how can I get to heaven when I have died in sin and sin is not allowed in good and perfect place.
Freedom to choose what? the bible no where teaches that was can choose to become born again...theres no where in the bible where God says we choose him..so freedom of what choice friend? I would love to hear this one...

Again what you're saying is the result of these false preachers teaching the lies that WE have a hand in salvation...teaching that WE must move God to do this or that..teaching lies that WE have the power...Satan is very clever..he would love nothing more than to cause people to believe they are responsible for their own salvation...

Jesus said If I be lifted up...not If you be lifted up...
GB

GB
Preacher the only teaching I listen to is the Bible read Eze 18:24 and I assume you know that I am right and that is why you ensure no response to your last statement and that is also the reason you keep ignoring these Scriptures that we give to you afraid to respond to them in case you wake up to find you have been deluding yourself but remember it is not too late for you repentance is still available to all who is still alive only the dead no longer get the chance of repentance
I believe I've responded to every question...thats what I'm here for...If you have one that you would like me to respond to please freel free...

what are you right about sister? so far you've been totaly in error...you're looking at things carnally and not spiritually...with respect please pray for spiritual understanding...AS FOR REPENTANCE THAT ONLY COME THROUGH SALVATION we don't decide to repent...and even If we did that would not ensure salvation...God has not promised slavation to all or to the whole world...please sister pray for understanding stop listenig to these false teachers and preachers in the congregation telling you that you can choose God...and you have the power to become saved...Its God's will that only his elect will be come saved...
GB
Preacher, please God call us and we make the choice of answering is call or not. There is a wide way and a narrow way if we had no choice there would be no need for 2 roads.

We are still waiting for your understanding of Eze 18:24 and Matthew 25: 31 to end.
I don't believe you attempt to explain any of these.

And Preacher I have stated I listen to the Bible and what it says so not what man says. If I listen to men I would be as deluded as you thinking I can live and die in sin and still enter heaven
1 Peter 1:4
and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you,

New Living Translation
and we have a priceless inheritance--an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.

New American Standard Bible
to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Peter 1:4International Standard Versionand
to an inheritance kept in heaven for you that can't be destroyed, corrupted, or changed.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
We have been born into a new life which has an inheritance that can't be destroyed or corrupted and can't fade away. That inheritance is kept in heaven for you,

King James Bible
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

American King James Version
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you,

American Standard Version
unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Bible in Basic English
And a heritage fair, holy and for ever new, waiting in heaven for you,

Douay-Rheims Bible
Unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that can not fade, reserved in heaven for you,

GB
Eze 18:24,Matthew 7:22-23 , Matthew 25:31, Roman 8:7,8 Roman 6:14-15 Rom 8:12-13 Luke 13:3
Matthew 25:31
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.

righteous-one apparently such; as in Mt 9:13, "I came not to call the righteous," &c., that is, those who fancy themselves righteous. Those alone are true saints who by the grace of God persevere (Mt 24:13; 1Co 10:12; Joh 10:28, 29).

SO CALLED RIGHTEOUS... A truly righteous man can never turn from God...Judas is a good example or you can go this way with it... Nicodemus was seen as a righteous man...yet he was not saved at the time he spoke with Jesus...John 3

again my sister..unless you have the spirit of God living in you and guiding you you will not understand scripture with true spiritual understanding...pray for understanding respectfully...Its all God
GB

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service