Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll just say interesting.
Okay here is my question Brother John, what is you interpratation of what the "job" of the pastor is? Not the preacher, associate, whatever you call them but the job of the one who has been called to lead a congregation?
Brother Culberson, first I don't think of ministering as a job. I feel it is a duty to souls that can be saved to be told about His Word to give glory to God. God wants none to go to the lake of fire. It's not just left up to those that have been state ordained, self ordained or what, if the Holy Spirit has blessed you with God's knowledge, wisdom and understanding of His Word, you should tell others and pray the Spirit draws them to God. I feel we who truly believe should speak to others when we see a brother or sister backslikding. I just don't look at it as a business or job.
Your right its not just left up to those who have been as you say "state ordained..." but we talk a lot about God's order and if we believe that he has one then pastoring would fall in line with that order. So I will rephrase the question what are the duties of a pastor?
The duties are to feed the flock the Word simply put. To help them in their fellowshipping in the understanding and building their character in Christ Jesus.
Ok, well could you give me then your interpretation of Psalm 23, with the understanding that David spoke of the Lord being his shepard and with that mind set all pastors should have a idea of what a shepard "should" be doing with his sheep?
All due respect to all who lead the flock, if they don't know what they should be doing before they decide to try to lead the flock, then don't lead, please, because too many don't know and are leading them to the lake of fire. But remember in Psalms 23, David is refering to the LORD as his shepard so let's not compare man to the LORD either. If the Lord is your Shepard then you certainly not lack (in the spiritual things you need).
No offence Bro. John but way to avoid the quesiton.
Never an offence taken! If you read again I did state my opinon of what the pastor should be doing. Only one thing! Is there something you are looking for me to add to that? It's not a job!
Interesting thought Bro. John answer this question for me was shepparding in biblical times looked at as a job? And the reason why David was able to relate to God as being his shepard and having an ability to speak to things that a shepard would do was becasue David himself came straight from the fields leading a flock of sheep. No different than many of the parables that Jesus spoke, when he was talking to farmers he spoke of framing stories, when he spoke to fisherman he spoke about fishing, and when he was talking to sheppards he spoke about sheep. So yeah David was talking about the Lord being his shepard but he wrote it from a background he was very familiar with.
OOOOOOOOh Weeeeee, I"m biting my tongue on this one for sure! I've got to stay away from responding to this one. LOL
LOL! I know you're gonna give it your all! LOL! Go for it Brother Busby!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service