The rollercoaster of life, the daily ups and downs that test faith and when you pass the test you grow.
People talk of being closer to God, I can't get any closer but my faith can strengthen,
Matt, 8, Mark 4, Luke 8
O ye of little faith
Why is it you have no faith
How is it you have no faith.

What is the core of your belief? How do you connect with God/Jesus/Holy Ghost, faith is the connection line.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read them. They tell me to keep the commandments to seed eternal life, what say ye?
Hezekiah,

If you have read the Gospels, then you know the teachings and instructions of Jesus. For example: Matthew 22:37-40
Why ask questions whose answer is obvious, obey God.
And if you ask how your in the wrong conversation.

I have responded to and answered any question you posed.
Because the answer did not fit what you want you rejected them.
That is a null game.
Yes you pull NT writings out of context and then refute the proof.
Dueling scriptures is stupid and makes no sense, so no I do not bring out mine when you bring out yours. The WHOLE of the NT is to be taken as such. If there is any separation it is the Gospels and the Epistles and Revelation there are no real demarcations. Nothing in the New Testament in any way form or fashion uphold Judaism. The X, our covenant, and God's commands that are not specifically directed to Israel are to be taken as the will of God.

How to be obedient, simple don't do the things in your life that disobey God.
I know your looking for some scripture r4eferences, so you can pull out some scripture reference and create a null game argument.

What is Theology? Hint: It has been around since the bible was written. Hebrews have been studying and arguing biblical topics for hundreds of years, I use their commentary as well as that of the European writers.

How else do you discuss the bible? What you or I think unsupported is not of much use. Those who came before have much to say, not that you agree or they are correct but they become starting points.

Take a prophet like Obadiah, (my spiritual name) his very short writing was not directed at us. Is there meaning to be found in his writing for us, yes. It takes some work to find it.

Read what I wrote I did tell you what it was about, no, not the one verse out of context whose meaning you attempt to twist because of one word.
Read it in the context of the letter, the chapter and the verse makes perfect sense.
Just not the sense you want.

you bring theology, and I just bring scripture. And????
Who is telling more truth? Truth is not quantitative it is qualitative. It is true or it is not.
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Isaiah 28:9-13 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Matthew 15:1-8 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Isaiah 29:9-13 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

John 14:14-15 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
You make me want to be abusive.

You list all of these OUT OF CONTEXT scriptures.
Talking loud and saying nothing.

Do you think saying the same thing over and over makes it correct??
No it just makes it the same nonsense again.

This is the last time I will respond to your list.
If they make sense to you good, you read them I will be troubled no more.
I'm sorry that the scriptures presented from the Law and Testimony line upon line precept upon precept here a little there a little make you upset.
James, you're a Torah keeping fanatic. You would be so happy to just do away with the NT epistles, and just run with the five books of Moses wouldn't you? Tell me, do you regard the Law of Moses higher than the revelations and testimonies of the Apostles?

My children, play nice.
When the word scripture is mentioned in NT writings it is OT, over 2500 references to the OT in the NT and it is the basis of all that is in the NT. The NT is different from but an extension of the OT, Ask Jesus, what else was he teaching from????
Rev.Z62,

My response to Hezekiah was in reference to the scriptures pertaining to salvation. But as your stated above, are you agreeing with Hezekiah, James and others of the Torah keepers that salvation comes by obeying the commandments and other OT Laws? Because this is essentially what they are saying.
Rom 10:8 But what saith the scripture? The word is nigh thee; even in thy mouth and in thy heart. This is the word of faith, which we preach.
Rom 10:9 For if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him up from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For, with the heart, we believe unto justice: but, with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith: Whosoever believeth in him shall not be confounded.

You brought up a good point on both side of this argument.
Paul in this epistle in verse 8 says What does the scripture say?
He is not talking about NT writings because they do not exist as a compilation and have not been canonized he can only be referring to the OT, And who is the whom Paul refers to in verse 11, why Jesus of course.

This note links OT references to Paul's epistle.
http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/romans/romans10.htm
According to the Old Testament Scriptures, the Messiah was portrayed as 1) the God-man (Isa.7:14); 2) the mighty God (Isa.9:6); 3) the sinner’s Substitute and Saviour (Isaiah 53: 4); the eternal King (Micah5:2) and 5) THE LORD (JEHOVAH) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS (Jer.23:5-6). There is a cost involved in confessing that Jesus is the Messiah (John 9:22) and because of this cost many fail to confess Him (John 12:42). But those who do confess Him before men have Christ's own promise that He will confess them before the angels and before His heavenly Father (Matt.10:32; Luke 12:8).

You cannot separate OT from NT. The contract that links us to Jesus in told in Jeremiah 31, that why the bible is a whole.
I understand that we cannot separate the OT from the NT.

As the saying goes, in the OT the NT was concealed; in the NT the OT is revealed.
Chaplain,

I am still waiting for you to address what I said... let me post it to you again.....

Yeshua said,"ye that work iniquity." I'd love for you to look up the word iniquity in Greek, tell me what it is, and then tell me what Yeshua actually meant. Better yet, I will do it for you, and then I want you to tell me what Yeshua meant.

459. anomos an'-om-os from 1 (as a negative particle) and 3551; lawless, i.e. (negatively) not subject to (the Jewish) law; (by implication, a Gentile), or (positively) wicked:--without law, lawless, transgressor, unlawful, wicked.

460. anomos an-om'-oce adverb from 459; lawlessly, i.e. (specially) not amenable to (the Jewish) law:--without law.

So, WHO are those workers of iniquity(anomos) that Yeshua will condemn to eternal death????
RevZ62When the word scripture is mentioned in NT writings it is OT, over 2500 references to the OT in the NT and it is the basis of all that is in the NT. The NT is different from but an extension of the OT, Ask Jesus, what else was he teaching from??? I agree with you on this.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service