The rollercoaster of life, the daily ups and downs that test faith and when you pass the test you grow.
People talk of being closer to God, I can't get any closer but my faith can strengthen,
Matt, 8, Mark 4, Luke 8
O ye of little faith
Why is it you have no faith
How is it you have no faith.

What is the core of your belief? How do you connect with God/Jesus/Holy Ghost, faith is the connection line.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. This thread is not about Hezekiah it is about what connects you to God.
2 Hezekiah is a distraction, ignore him or start another thread, do not let the enemy distract you from my intent which is introspection about you and God.
3. Do not involve yourself in battling scripture against scripture, that is a time waster and another tool out of the enemies tool box to distract, stay focused.
I am try to stop this nonsense that I fell into also with Hezekiah, he denies Jesus, does that tell you something, don't waste your time with him.
So I am an enemy because I put up the scriptures to why I believe what I believe, and what is the connection to God. How very Christian of you to persecute me.
You see what I mean.
This ain't about you.
I am not persecuting you.
You, with my help, did highjack my topic and turn it into nonsense.
The ENEMY is he who rules the earth, read the gospels.
My brother I pray for your soul. I pray for your understanding and discernment.
I pray for you, That is the function of The Ministry of One.

Peace my brother, you did respond properly at first, and for that I thank you.
I bring you scriptures of my belief system, and you tell me that I am wrong. I have my proof. Where's yours? Paul's books? Is that the source of your doctrine? By the way. I am a Christian by doctrine.
The whole bible is my source. Paul's epistle's, letters, give footing to the institutional church. The gospels give footing to Christ and our belief in Jesus underpinned by scripture, what is called the Old Testament.
The New Testament did not exist in Paul's day, it was being written. Along with all the non canonical works that did not make the cut.
My proof is Jesus, dead, risen, and the Holy Comforter which is big in my life.
I am a Christian by faith not by any writings.
My quotes from the story on the crossing of the sea are just to emphasize a point, that our faith is always in question.
I have two doctrinal sources.
Jesus
The AME Disciple
The first is the ultimate, the second is for dealing with people.

Now my friend, you know.
RevZ62 said: The whole bible is my source.

How is the Bible your source, but you are a Christian by Faith, and not writings?
RevZ62 said: The whole bible is my source.
How is the Bible your source, but you are a Christian by Faith, and not writings?

The bible contains the word God given to inspired people. I am not a literalist in that I look at every word as true. That is where discernment comes into play, The bible contains many writings, law, songs, poetry, stories, parables, and the word of God. Some things were never meant for us only the intended audience.
The bible is the ethical and moral value system of humankind, it does contain a universal tone in the X.

The creedal statement in 1 Cor 15:3-4 is the statement of my faith as told by the gospel writers. I have faith in a risen Jesus who is the atonement for my sin and that my faith in Jesus and ministry or service in the name of Jesus will offer to me life everlasting.

Hopefully that is clear, I have nothing further to add.

May the blessings to you in the name of Jesus fill your life.
Oh ok. So you don't live by every word that proceeded out the mouth of Jesus as he said? You just do service in his name and that is it?
RevZ62,

Your point and wise advice is well noted.

Blessings to you.
1Thessalonians 2:4-6 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ

2Corinthians 11:6-7 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things. Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
Thank you for your compliments, wish there was somewhere I could teach, and make a living.
I appreciate what you are saying and as I told Hezzy that does not qualify them as Christians and more than Mormons or JW's but they can pose all they wish and maybe the light will reveal to them someday.

I in fact do heartily believe that God hears ALL true believers of what ever stripe. Thus an animist is as respected as a Christian. All roads lead to God, where else is there to go. It is our understanding of this world (space and time) that allows us to get closer to God, such that science properly viewed takes us closer to God.
" Read where the angel Gabriel says to Mary you are favored, and then read where Elisabeth has the Holy ghost come over her and say the same thing. That shows you that the Holy ghost is Gabriel. These chapters in Matthew and Luke are of the same account. "

I just read Luke 1. I dont see it.
Please take that section of the scriptures apart about Gabrield with Mary and Elizabeth - so that I can see what you are talking about.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service