Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And Look at the Disciples God Call them off of their natural Jobs to follow him.....They didn't have the riches.. and sometime they didn't know where they were going to laid they head....But they were looking at .....Preaching the Gospel.... Healing the Sick.... Raising the Dead.....doing Many miracles.....Not only the discples .....the prophets....also... God will step in what you need.... yes he does give you the desires of our heart.....But only if you live right........there is still a differance...of God Blessings... and You being a Greedy Dog
Amen Evangelist Kyles, I'm surprised and shocked (not really any more) how most of us can't see this as an act of treason from what the scriptures are really saying to us. We have the Bible in clear english and still don't see the real Gospel. And don't forget about these scriptures as well:

Luk 1:53 "The hungry he hath filled with good things; And the rich he hath sent empty away".

Luk 6:24 "woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation".

Luk 14:12 And he said to him also that had bidden him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, nor thy kinsmen, nor rich neighbors; lest haply they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee.
Luk 14:13 But when thou makest a feast, bid the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
Luk 14:14 and thou shalt be blessed; because they have not wherewith to recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed in the resurrection of the just

2Co 6:10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

1Ti 6:9 But they that are minded to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and hurtful lusts, such as drown men in destruction and perdition.

1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this present world, that they be not highminded, nor have their hope set on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

1Ti 6:18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Jas 1:11 For the sun ariseth with the scorching wind, and withereth the grass: and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his goings.

Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren; did not God choose them that are poor as to the world to be rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he promised to them that love him?

Jas 2:6 But ye have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you, and themselves drag you before the judgment-seats?

Jas 5:1 Come now, ye rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art the wretched one and miserable and poor and blind and naked:

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains;

Rev 18:3 For by the wine of the wrath of her fornication all the nations are fallen; and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth waxed rich by the power of her wantonness.

Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and mourning, saying, Woe, woe, the great city, wherein all that had their ships in the sea were made rich by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

All I have to say is WOE TO THE SHEPHARDS......
1Ti 6:5 wranglings of men corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, supposing that godliness is a way of gain.

Ooops forgot one....
Ok, I just can't stop....

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Here is true prosperity:

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
Amen!! This matter really need to be dealt with.....

The church/Pastor is not exempt from being check out by the IRS..just like the World...We have some Greedy Dogs....

I'm not knocking of what a person have.. it's all about.. how are you using the Funds...Yes money that is coming in to the church....should be for the Gospel Sakes...winning Souls.. Building houses... taking care of the needy...paying for medical treatment for the saints....providing clothes.. shoes...not only that..... what about building schools for the.....Saints children???.........money going toward... overseas ministry... paying college tution..... etc..etc..

But when a Pastor have 17 room mansion.... 6 bathrooms.... what is the purpose of have it if you only have a family of 3.........Jets....20 cars..etc.etc.......How do God really Get the Glory in all of this......

if you sow seeds into the kingdom through tithes and offering.... you can be rich... like me mentatlity..............BUT....it's the people that giving and the Preachers are weaping the benefits.....and the some saints are going lacking...........

Yeah I know someone will say well what about the world....it's no different.... ....well it is a difference...they are not trying to win someone to Christ... they are not spreading the Gospel..... ..they are trying make sure they have enough money....and make sure there name stay in lights.....

Jesus should be the Center attention..... it have to weigh out correctly....
All of your words are good, and true they are scriptures, however it is an embarassment to the Body of Christ for the world to see us at odds with each other.

I'm not saying that anyone should look down on those who are struggling, but I do find something wrong with saints alllllllllllllllllways struggling. Something is wrong.

Why is it that you take a few names, and it's alllllllllllways the same names, to discourage others who are faithful, from living a life comfortable in Christ. IT IS NOT A SIN TO BE PROSPEROUS. The root of all evil is the LOVE of money, not money.

God has blessed me, when I was up and when I was down, and I will not apologize for my blessings and no one else should
and another thing, what's with "the black church thing" I was under the impression that we all black, blue and green, belong to the body of Christ, and desired to be in the number of the church without spot or wrinkle?
Here's what's up with the "black church thing", the black church first of all are the least represented in the global as well as local missions. The black church spends more on the mens breakfast than it does on global missions. As a global missionary myself who is about to go to PNG (Papua New Guinea) for the next 7-10 years with my wife and two small children one learns very quickly that the black church will not support global cross cultural missions long term, one has no choice but to involve themselves with the many white churches who have the burden for those who are unevangelized and the unreached of the world who never heard of the Good News of Jesus Christ and they mainly are the ones who look like...YOU sister Altha. Do you know what percentage of your tithes and offerings are going to support the continuating works of Christ? Its .01% while the white, conservative, McCain voting republican Presbyterians, Methodists, Southern Baptists, Anglicans, Menonites,etc support global missions with 50% of their tithes and offerings as well as supporting my black family in order for my black children not to starve to death while we are on the global field spreading and translating the Gospels in their heart language. Trust I work for one of the top missionary organizations in the world who go to a diverse and dark skinned world to bring hope, deliverance and the free gift of Salvation who's members that give up their lives and use their MBA's in linguistics and education number over 7,000 and out of that number only 18 are African American. And I'm number 18! My role will be once I leave the field is to help mobilize the African American church to create more awareness as to the need for us to be more involved in either sending or going and praying for those who are still shackled by satan when Jesus is not yet known. It is a darn shame that we are collectively the least represented even though we have the most powerful testimony of how God victoriously moved us from chattel slavery of oppression to being where we are today and we are still complaining with full stomach's, cars, homes, clothing, washing machines (we don't wash our clothes on rocks no more), designer clothing (made by homosexuals), running water (while other black women in the world walk for miles for tainted water, while we are so rich and wealthy with running water we will still purchase bottled water for a $1), entertainment, online capabilities, etc and still not content or satisfied as we still desire to live like the show "Runs House" presents to us as to desire how a "christian" is supposed to live. You know how Run walks around in a "Priestly" collar in his mega mansion while driving his bentley to pick up his pubescent son from the school bus as the show describes this debauchery of over spending for his childrens clothes in excess while never speaking of the Holy scriptures or even mentioning the name Jesus but would rather soak in a bath full of bubbles (kinna gay to me) while texting to us "poor" folx in how we should live a nice and comfortable life. That's Christianity???? That's what our Lord and Savior who suffered and was beaten and died for? This is the Gospel?

You want to know what real poverty is, compared to what you think us in America determines what is being "poor" to us? Trust I speak at the many homeless shelters in this area twice per month and even those who are homeless living in shelters look as if they need to lose about 30-40 lbs of fat. I worked at a prison as the acting chaplain and would ask these black folx mainly who are making up the majority of those behind those bars being warehoused in the "belly of the beast" this question: "Were you starving or your children starving to death when you decided to put a loaded weapon at the head of the woman to steal her money?" Were you naked and desolate when you chose to be an armed robber when you robbed that 7-11?" You know that answer, no! Not only were they not starving, and not naked and not desolate and not an orphan, but many of them come from loving homes with mothers, fathers, grandmothers, aunties, nice clothes, food in tummy, running water, electricity, gas, cable (to watch BET's debauchery and depravity), many have web pages on "MYSPACE", free schools and education, friends, churches on every corner and even some were in the proverbial choir, etc. In America there is 1 minister of the Gospel for every 182 people compared to the unreached and unevangelized black, brown and yellow world where there is only 1 minister of the Gospel for every 78,000. Where is the greater need and why aren't those of use who have a collective testimony of oppression who don't have a burden for those who continue to fill the sting of oppression in the world who look again like ...US?

According to statistics from the World Bank, 56 percent of the world's population lives in extreme poverty. They survive on an income of less than $730 per year or $2 per day. Half of the worlds poor who comprise 28 percent of the world's population live on $1 or less per day. In comparison, the average American earns from 46 to 92 times more than the poverty stricken comprising over half the world's population.

If you are like me, you might say but things are so much cheaper in poverty stricken countries. Yes, many things are cheaper but we now live in a global market. Food is an international commodity. The cultivation of third world food is usually much more labor intensive and is often more expensive than food grown on America's mechanized farms. Yet, American's spend and average of $3,400 per year per person on food and beverages. That 365 percent more than the total average income of over half the people in the world.

Accounting for every man, woman and child in the U.S., Americans spend an average of $0.20 per day on cosmetics, perfume and skin and hair care products; over $0.50 a day on jewelry; nearly $3 on furniture and other household goods; over $3 per day on clothing; gambling totals almost $6 per day; over $7 a day is spent on automobiles and trucks; and over $9 on food. Americans simply live a lifestyle that is beyond imagination for most of the poor in the world.

The Bible describes a nation called Babylon. Revelation 17 and 18 say that Babylon will be destroyed. God says that this destruction is his judgment on the nation. Revelation 18 clearly describes Babylon as the richest nation on earth. It is the nation to whom the merchants of the earth sell their goods. The U.S. is the largest importer in the world. In 2000, the U.S. imported $5.867 trillion in goods and services. Americans need to repent and turn back to God.

The latest statistics paint a sad picture of the current involvement of African Americans in missions. Jim Sutherland counted 242 total African-American missionaries serving cross-culturally in 1998.3 In 1973, Robert Gordon reported under 300. These numbers compare to 33,000 missionaries from the U.S. in 1973 and about 45,000 U.S. missionaries today. African Americans make up about 12 percent of the U.S. population but less than 1 percent of the U.S. mission force to the world. If it was proportionately represented in the mission force today, the African-American community would have some 5,400 cross-cultural missionaries.

Most African-American pastors are unfamiliar with what is going on in the world today regarding missions. They were not taught about missions. They do not know general missions history. They are unaware of the heritage of African Americans in missions. Thus they cannot teach their congregations about missions.
African-American pastors desire financial stability. They want to bring the money into the church - not send it out. Since the African-American community has historically been oppressed and deprived of opportunity for financial gain, now that many opportunities exist, the desire is to bring it in and keep it in the community. Many African-American churches still struggle financially for their own survival. Yet the statistics indicate that a high percentage of African-American churches are doing very well financially.6
Some African-American pastors will discourage and even rebuke anyone who endorses sending resources outside of the community. The needs of the community overshadow missions. They cannot see the needs of the world, because they are focused on the needs next door. The church is correct in concern for the needs of the community, but with almost two billion people outside of the reach of the Gospel, we are not released from the responsibility to reach the world.

Historically, the American dream has eluded the African-American community. For many, attaining it has become a Christian value. Thus, moving from oppression and want to materialism and comfort is a subtle but natural distraction. American prosperity is finally within the reach of the African-American community, and missions runs counter to that plan.

The purpose of the church is to glorify God by equipping the saints for the work of the ministry. "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ" (Eph. 4:11-12, NASB). Every member should be growing toward maturity in Christ and every member should be using his or her giftedness toward the completion of the Great Commission (Eph. 4:13-16).7

Equipping. Church leaders are not to function as dictators, but as equippers. Leaders should not do all the work, but equip the body to do the work (Eph. 4:11-12). Since we are a body, we all have functions. Rather than watching a few parts perform their function, we should all be set in motion to accomplish our unique tasks (1 Cor. 12:18).

Before we can effectively make disciples of the nations, we must learn to be disciples and to make disciples of our neighbors. Many African-American churches have gotten away from this original charge and tend to focus more on social issues. As we focus on the Great Commission, the social issues will not be forgotten, but there will be a stronger foundation from which to address them.

Recommendations for World Impact. In the second of the "Servant Songs," the Lord says through Isaiah, "It is too small a thing that you should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also make you a light of the nations so that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth" (Is. 49:6). In the African-American church, it is too small a thing that we should restore our communities and our own people. The challenge before the African-American church is to mobilize for global impact. God can use the unique experience of the African-American church to restore the community and also to serve as a light to the nations. We can relate to many of the struggles of the two-thirds world better than the typical Westerner. As minorities, we already know what it means to adapt to a culture not our own.

To the African-American Church/Pastor. The greatest motivation is a Biblical one. The African-American church must walk in obedience to the Biblical mandate to fulfill the Great Commission. The church must look inward to train and equip and it must look outward to the world to which we are sent.

Pastors should seek opportunities to educate themselves and their congregations about missions and the African-American missions heritage. Understanding our heritage is often a motivation to further action.

Finally, pastors should realize that when people from their congregations are involved in short-term mission trips, they return more excited about the ministry at home. They usually become the most equipped for ministry and they add depth to the congregation. Missions involvement makes for a stronger local assembly.

In addition to short-term trips or apart from them the class titled Perspectives on the World Christian Movement has also had a lasting effect on peoples' lives. Perspectives has led to increased missions giving, effective leadership in the local church, increased prayer, and increased going, especially to pioneer mission fields. But most important, it shows people and churches how they can fit in strategically to what God is doing.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/note.php?note_id=77137024486
3 John 1:2

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Yes there is something is wrong when a saint always struggling.....hmmmmmmmm and the some pastors are wealthly....why is that???

We are all going to struggle... that is life..No matter what status we are.But we still have to trust in the Lord knowing that he will bring us out of struggles...We all have have our crosses to carry whatever it may be....

that's Good that God bless...there is nothing wrong with blessing....that is correct no one should apologize.......But ... Blessings doesn't always mean it comes in montery...form....10 cars in the yard.... 5 houses and ...etc..etc.....When God bless he want us to bless others ...that is the point I'm making like a previous stated ..

.I'm not knocking of what a person have.. it's all about.. how are you using the Funds...Yes money that is coming in to the church....should be for the Gospel Sakes...winning Souls.. Building houses... taking care of the needy...paying for medical treatment for the saints....providing clothes.. shoes...not only that..... what about building schools for the.....Saints children???.........money going toward... overseas ministry... paying college tution..... etc..etc..

if the pastor is a multi millionare....because of the Saint giving.....The .Saints in that church shouldn't be stuggling at all......

Saints have been hurt on this prosperity message..they give and sow...and some are still in the same rut..... and that shouldn't be but it does happen....

But the scripture does indicate that God bless whom he Bless...and he Cursed whom he Cursed...
I'm getting to the point that I"m so so tired of hearing how much black americans are "suffering" and "struggling" all the while being #1 in this country in obesity. Trust compare our "suffering" to their SUFFERING...

"The poor we will have with us always" that is why the church needs to be ministering the gospel, and not squabbling over what kind of car and how many someone else has.

Be Blessed, we are saved by grace not works
Your mis-interpreting that scripture to justify our lack and slack at engaging the global and local harvest of souls.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service