The false teaching is that Jesus taught tithing in Matthew 23:23 which, they say, is clearly in the New Testament.
The problem here is the arbitrary division of our Bible. The New Covenant did not begin at the birth of Jesus, but at his death. Tithing is not taught to the church after Calvary! When Jesus discussed tithing in Matthew 23:23, he was only commanding obedience to the Old Covenant Law which he endorsed and supported until Calvary. In Matthew 23:2, 3 Jesus told his followers to obey the scribes and Pharisees "because they sit in Moses’ seat." There is not a single New Testament Bible text which teaches tithing after Calvary – period!

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pepper,

No offense but, you claim to know Yeshua, and do not know that He kept Torah? Wow, I think YOU need to pick up the bible and read it all. Honestly. Yeshua kept His father's Torah(John 15:10-11). Sin is violation of the Torah(1 John 3:4). He will judge them that have not the Torah(Matt 7:21-23).
James,

none taken..I do know Jesus(Yeshua) He has many names, look you say you read the Torah, I am trying to understand what it says I don't read it..I read the book known as the Bible I am not Jewish( I am still allowed to call Him Yeshua)....you never answered my question I am still waiting thats what I have been talking about.
During Yeshua's (Jesus) earthly ministry, He did in fact respect the Torah because there was no New Testament at that time.
Jesus also completely fulfilled the Torah. The perfect second Adam, the only person ever to not break the Law.

Praise God that He did, as the curse of the Law has now been lifted from us, because He become the curse, when he hang on a tree (the Cross).

Thank you Lord.
The curse of the law is the animal sacrifice law. we are still to keep the commandments.
Which commandments are those?

Surely you do not mean the you try to keep the whole Torah, except the sacrifices and worship in the temple
Pepper,

Ethnicity does not matter. What matters is that you are obedient to the Torah just like Yahushua was obedient to it. I am sure you claim to follow Yahushua. Well, He kept His father's Torah. You should consider studying the Torah to see how you can keep it.
James,

Since you claim I do not know enlighten me about this Torah..I am convinced that all I need is the Bible not religion, we all have fallen short of the of God's glory Romans 3:19-28...what does this Torah say,if you know everything?.
Pepper,

The Torah is in the bible.. Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers. Deut 6 says to love Yah with all your being. Lev 19 says love your fellow man as yourself. Yeshua stated in Matt 22 that these two sums up the Torah. So, if you carry out these two laws, then this means that you must do the actual Torah. If you claim to love Yah, then keep His commandments(1 John 5:3).
James,

Yes you are right we do need to keep His law...we have all that in the Bible,everything that should be in there is, we all fallen short of God's glory...no matter what you do you still have fallen short of God's glory, have you kept all the commandments? Romans 3:19-28.
Pepper,

I cannot keep all the Torah, because all the Torah is not just for one man. You have instructions for women, men, and the whole of Israel. Men could not keep woman laws, and vice versa. How about you.. are you setting apart the 7th day Sabbath as Yeshua did?
I do not work on sunday not that I have to(our calendar is different from the Jews)but because I love Jesus and I want to honor God that way by setting a day aside for Him...wow there is separation in Judaism, in our Bible in God's eyes we are all equal(hence one book) Galatians 3:28...do you not believe that there is contradiction then if you have it separate?... I think you need to read the Bible...and John 5:28

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service