You can wear long skirts, black suits, and doilies....and still go to Hell. If you haven't accepted Jesus as Lord you are lost, holiness starts on the inside when the Holy Spirit creates a clean heart in us. The only good thing in a Chritians is Jesus on the inside, our righteousness is like filthy rags.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you BIBLEMAN! I am afraid we still have Judeaizers in 2009
B-Man;
Please define SIN from the scriptures.
I'll help you. 1 John 3:4 -

King James Bible
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

American King James Version
Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

American Standard Version
Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Bible in Basic English
Everyone who is a sinner goes against the law, for sin is going against the law.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Whosoever committeth sin commmitteth also iniquity; and sin is iniquity.

Darby Bible Translation
Every one that practises sin practises also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

English Revised Version
Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness: and sin is lawlessness.

Webster's Bible Translation
Whoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law; for sin is the transgression of the law.

Weymouth New Testament
Every one who is guilty of sin is also guilty of violating Law; for sin is the violation of Law.

World English Bible
Everyone who sins also commits lawlessness. Sin is lawlessness.

So in Godly repentance, you repent from SIN according to God's definition, not your own, or your denominations definition.

i look at your Biblical quotes, and it puzzles me, why don't you ever quote Jesus? Isn't he your Lord and Savior, the one whose teachings you should be following? Didn't he admonish the disciples and therefore us to TEACH WHATSOEVER HE COMMANDED?

Is it because you can't support your theology by quoting Him?
1 Cor 1:18,21-23 (NIV) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God... For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.

1 Cor 2:2 (Phi) ...It was my determination to concentrate entirely on Jesus Christ. and the fact of his death upon the cross.
For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that, if ye receive circumcision, Christ will profit you nothing. Yea, I testify again to every man that receiveth circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Ye are severed from Christ, ye would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace. For we through the Spirit by faith wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith working through love.
It is abundantly clear: salvation comes through Christ and Christ alone
Mark, why won't you quote JESUS???

Isn't he the one who lived a sinless life, whose steps and teachings we should walk therein?

Did He teach His followers to Keep the Laws/Commandments of God?

Please answer this simple question.
Mark:

Yes, Jesus was crucified for your SINS=breaking of God's laws. All have sinned.
We all deserved the death penalty, for the wages of sin is DEATH.

The wages of breaking God's law is death, ONLY if you repent, turn from, stop sinning, are you forgiven.

1 John 1:9
New International Version (©1984)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

International Standard Version (©2008)
If we make it our habit to confess our sins, in his faithful righteousness he forgives us for those sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong.

King James Bible
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

American King James Version
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So you must define sin, to know what it is so you know personally what to repent of BEFORE you can be forgiven.

That is the first step to HOLINESS.

The New Covenant Jer. 31, Heb. 8, is irrefutably based upon the TORAH, YHWH's law written in your hearts, theefore your Pauline interpretations that the TORAH is somehow now doe away evidences your lack of sound Biblical theology.
Romans 4:4,5 states the case succinctly, "Now to him that works is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt; but to him that works not, but believes on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

And Romans 11:6 is clear, "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."

Our human system of work and reward is like this: I work for you and you pay me. This is obviously legitimate, it's the way commerce works under divine institutions and free enterprise.

But the religious legalist is convinced that God works by the same system - or at least he hopes so. He says: I work for God and God rewards me by saving me and blessing me in some way.

That's not how God operates. He has no need or desire for our works; in fact, our works are offensive to Him. Isa. 64:6, "All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..." If I try to impress God with my works, He discards them as filthy rags.

That's why we say that religious legalism, which tries to promote a works approach to God, is a "system that teaches that a person can do something to earn or merit salvation or blessing from God."
Mark,

Why wont you quote Yeshuah as Anna said? Let us see you quote Yeshuah in defending your torahlessness!
Mark, Don't you ever quote JESUS about keeping the Laws of God?
Do you ever quote God the Father about keeping His law?

Please show us at least a couple of things that Jesus said about His Father's law.

Didn't Jesus say, MAN SHALL LIVE BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD?

Why are you instead of living by the direct words of God and Jesus, promoting living by the misinterpreted words of Paul?
The NT tells US the following:

Matt.19
[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Rev.12
[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev.14
[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Mark maybe I can break it down for you this way.

In your sins, you were on SPIRITUAL DEATH ROW.
The Governor gives you a pardon.

Now, Mark, any man with good common sense would not accept His release from death row, and go back out and repeat the same crimes that put him there! This is what you and your anti-nomian collegues are promoting!

Jesus redeems us form Death Row. We are there because of our sins.

Out of LOVE FOR HIM, AND OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, we do not repeat the sins that put us there!

I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

Jesus said IF YOU LOVE, LOVE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. Wasn't He there on Mt. Sinai when the commandments were given? Then those are HIS commandments!

You keep the commandments out of LOVE.

Paul even stated:
"I delight in the law of God" (Romans 7:22). Indeed, he said that "keeping the commandments of God is what matters" (1 Corinthians 7:19).

Doesn't your wife do things because she loves you, not because the law tells her to.

Well God the Father and His Son were VERY SPECIFIC, as to what we were to do to please them.

We have a very specific text where God states how we please him that I want to share with you:

New International Version (©1984)
"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words...

He calls it *****MY HOLY DAY!!!*****

If HOLINESS is what you are seeking, let God tell you what is HOLY TO HIM!

Do you honor YHWH, in calling the Sabbath HOLY and a delight?

The Sabbath indeed is a HOLY day, the first entity refered to as SANCTIFIED/HOLY in the entire Bible, this was done before sin entered the world...

He both the Father and the Son kept it HOLY and so do I, as this pleases Him.

Can you show me another day which you keep that He speaks so lovingly towards? That He Himself has ordained, calling it HIS HOLY DAY???
Think about the phrase, “eternal life” or “everlasting life.” For instance, in John 5:24, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.” It says the one who trusts in Christ has everlasting life. Not “will have” or “may have if he endures.” He has salvation in the present tense. And how long is everlasting life? Forever, not temporary, according to Heb. 10:14 “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.”
Mark, OBEDIENCE is required of the Beliver, YOU should be obeying God rather then man, don't you think. Here are some texts for you to ponder on regarding OBEDIENCE. It was DISOBEDIENCE to God's word, to His laws, which got mankind in trouble from the time of the Garden of Eden until our day today, when men are teaching that disobedience to God's laws is our way to holiness!!!

Acts.5
[29] Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Acts.7
[39] To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

Rom.2
[8] But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rom.6
[12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom.10
[16] But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Gal.3
[1] O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal.5
[7] Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

2Thes.1
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2Thes.3
[14] And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

Heb.5
[9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

***Note we are to OBEY JESUS**** don't you agree?

Heb.11
[8] By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

1Pet.1
[22] Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pet.4
[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Mark, do you obey the Gospel of God? That is the way to HOLINESS.....

Lev.20
[7] Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

1Pet.1
[15] But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

~~~~~
I pray that you remove yourself and your people from this category to which Jesus said:

"'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men ... All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition" (Mark 7:6-9).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service