What if I was baptized in (The Titles)Father, Son, Holy Ghost is that Incorrect?

There's Bad News If you were!! because no one in the entire Testament Church Was ever baptized that Way! Let us examine the new Testament Water baptisms and Find The right Way to be baptized! The Good News Is Your here and Hopefully Have a desire to Follow the Bible.

There has been some beliefs state salvation is accepting Jesus as your personal savior. By acknowledging he is the son of God that your saved. Then they teach and baptize in the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit.

But what does the Bible say?

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

You Must believe to come to salvation. But believing is not salvation.

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Why did he ask them How they were baptized? Does it matter how your baptized?

YES

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

So they first were taught.

Secondly they believed

Then was baptized

Next you will see they was filled with the Holy Ghost and the evident of the Holy Ghost came By that God given tongue that God gives to each he fills with his spirit.

Now we see prior to this they had repented but didn’t know the truth about really being saved. But once they seen the truth they willingly received God.

Act 2:37

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 16:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Now What did peter who God said upon who he was going to build his church on and who was given the keys too say?

Repent, Be baptized and How did he say to be baptized? In the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit?

NO.

He said IN THE NAME OF. NAME NOT NAMES OR TITLES. SINGULAR ONE NAME.

And he gave us what that one name to our one God is. JESUS.

Find in the word where there was ever anyone baptized in the titles father son, holy spirit.

It is not in there. You will never find in Gods word where any one was baptized the 3 titles. NAME OF Means one name singular.

There is one verse in the book of Matthew 28:19 and when you read this verse understand that anytime Jesus tried to make the people understand who he really was they wanted to stone him. His mission wasn’t to prove he was God just yet. His mission was to bring us to him by coming in a fleshly form. Every time they would question who he was he would talk to them in riddles or in a way they wasn’t sure just what he was saying for sure. Even still they wanted to stone him. He slipped away through the crowd many times. So when he spoke of Matt 28:19 he was using wisdom talking of a shadow of what was to come. If he has said go out teaching men to baptize in my name they would have stoned him. Most of the things he spoke did not even come to them or fully understand until he died on the cross then more when he rose again like he said he would do. Then on the day of Pentecost wow. What he said about coming back and living in me was true. For the first time in their lives they saw Christ for who he really was. Ok here is that verse Christ spoke while still walking in a flesh form with them.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

He didn’t give the name of yet they would soon find what that name was to be.
He does give us a Clue that there is one Name for remission of sins by preaching the gospel.
Luke 24:46-47 (King James Version)

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act 2:41

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Now those three thousand didn’t just say that they believe that God sent Jesus and that they accept him only. They Repented and were baptized in JESUS NAME and was filled with his spirit (with the evidence by speaking in tongues)

Act 2:42

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Somewhere along the way a large percentage of the church world has left the apostles doctrine. Are we to still follow the doctrine that God set up through the apostles?

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Eph 4:4

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one Baptism,

Eph 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Living a good life will not save you. the word tells us that if you haven’t been born of the water and the spirit which is to repent and receive the Holy Ghost and Baptism that you will not make it to heaven.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Oh come on I was baptized and believe besides I don’t have to give up as much going to the church I am at now. Whats the big deal? They love God too. What God isn’t gonna let them in just because they didn’t speak in all that tongue stuff or get baptized in Jesus name.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

See what did I tell you earlier? He was trying to let them see hey guys I came from heaven robed in this skin because I love you. But they couldn’t see that. Do you really think they would have accepted him saying Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Like was said in acts 2:38?

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Joh 10:39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

Below is some of the scriptures from the word of God on baptism.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 8:34-39 (King James Version)

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

He Is The Only Way We Can be Saved.
Don't You Want to Be Baptized the Right Way Today?
Please drop me a line on my page . Love In Christ Della Morton

Here is a Bible Study video on Why Is Water baptism Of The Father,Son, Holy Spirit Incorrect?
FIND OUT "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?" A must see video.

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Night Yall! I am Praying for you my brothers and Sisters! I am so glad I know who Jesus is! I am singing that song: IT'S ALL IN HIM ....IT'S ALL IN HIM THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD AND IT'S ALL IN HIM THE MIGHTY GOD IS JESUS AND IT'S ALL IN HIM...The Everlasting Father..The Jehovah Lord of Hosts ... The Word Incarnate.. PRINCE OF PEACE IS HE....IT'S ALL IN HIM ....IT'S ALL IN HIM THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD AND IT'S ALL IN HIM THE MIGHTY GOD IS JESUS AND IT'S ALL IN HIM...LOVE IN CHRIST DELLA MORTON
Praise The Lord Everyone! It's a beautiful Day! This Is the Day that The LORD HAS MADE AND I WILL BE GLAD AND REJOICE IN IT!
Which name should be used?

Yeshua, YHWH, Yashah, Jesus, Christ???
Minister,

Great question. I believe context will prove which name to use. Matt 1:21,"She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." Notice the phrase,"He will SAVE His people from their sins." The Hebrew for save is "Yashah." This would only fit the context of what Gabriel spoke in Matt 1:21. The Hebrew for salvation is "Yeshuah." The Angel did not say,"He will salvation His people from their sins." That makes no sense. Context determines the meaning of the word. So, in this case, I use Yashah, for it fits the context of why the Angel named Him that.
Thanks James,

Anyone else???
Hello everyone,

What is the language of heaven? Do God and the angels speak Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, French, English… you get my point? God, being our father, understands all languages. I am sure that when a Frenchman calls on the NAME of Jesus in french, he understands, when a Grecian calls on the NAME of Jesus in Greek, he understands, when a Jew calls on the NAME of Jesus in Hebrew or Aramaic, he still understands. The key is his name, regardless to the earthly language used, is being called upon and he hears us. God speaks a heavenly language and understands all tongues.

6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10. Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11. Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

When we cast out demons, they flee, when they hear the name of Jesus, Yeshua, or any translation of his name.

DO DEMONS SPEAK ARAMAIC? NO, BUT JUST AS THE LORD DOES, THEY UNDERSTAND HIS NAME IN ALL LANGUAGES AND WILL FLEE.

Genesis 11:9
Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

This passage in Genesis shows that the Lord confounded the languages, therefore he understands all languages. Because the Lord Jesus was born a Jew does not mean that all other languages are not understood to him. He is the all knowing God. If someone was baptized in the Name of Yashah, and that is his name of that language spoken, then it is just as effective as the name of Jesus.
Thank you EW.

Anyone else want to expound on the exact name that should be uttered when baptizing a person?
THIS SCRIPTURE WILL SHOW THAT JESUS IS THE HOLY GHOST & THE HOLY GHOST IS JESUS.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

This scripture suggest that the Holy Ghost purchased us with his own blood, but we've been taught that the Son (Jesus) is the one who died and purchased us with his own blood. So either these 2 separate God's, as SOME SAY, died for our sins or they are ONE in the same. Were there two separate deaths for our sins by two separate Gods?
Good Point Ew! I would also add some additional Scripture Base for this study:
John 8:24 (KJV)
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Questions to be pursued and answered:
1. What name did our Savior come in? Work in? And declare unto the world?
2. What is the name of the Father? And of the Son? And of the Holy Ghost?
3. What did Jesus mean when he said that we must know he is the "I am He" or we will die in our sins?
4. Are there 3 'persons' in the Godhead or 3 'manifestations' of the ONE GOD? or does it really matter if we know or not?
Scriptural Answer:
1. God (the Father) of the Old Testament declares that one day 'all will know His name' and that He is the 'I am he'.
Isaiah 52:6 (KJV)
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

2. God declares that in that day there will be One King who is the ONE LORD and He will have only ONE NAME.
Zechariah 14:9 (KJV)
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

3. The Father's name is what all the family in heaven and earth is named after.
Ephesians 3:14-15 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

4. Jesus came in His Father's name.
John 5:43 (KJV)
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

5. Jesus said He was the Father.
John 10:30 (KJV)
30 I and my Father are one.

6. Holy Ghost/Spirit was the father of the Son-Jesus.
Matthew 1:18 (KJV)
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:20 (KJV)
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Luke 1:35 (KJV)
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

7. Jesus inherited His Father's name.
Hebrews 1:4 (KJV)
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

8. An angel of the Father named Jesus.
Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Luke 1:30-31 (KJV)
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

9. Jesus name is higher than any other name, in heaven, on earth or under the earth.
Philippians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

10. Jesus came in the name of the LORD.
Matthew 21:9 (KJV)
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Matthew 23:39 (KJV)
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Mark 11:9-10 (KJV)
9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
Luke 13:35 (KJV)
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Luke 19:38 (KJV)
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
John 12:13 (KJV)
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

11. The Father is the only LORD.
Isaiah 37:16 (KJV)
16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.
Isaiah 43:3 (KJV)
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Isaiah 43:11 (KJV)
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:15 (KJV)
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
Isaiah 45:5-6 (KJV)
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:18 (KJV)
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

12. Only One LORD, One Faith and One Baptism.
Ephesians 4:5 (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

13. Jesus is coming back in the name of the LORD.
Luke 13:35 (KJV)
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Luke 19:38 (KJV)
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

14. Jesus is both LORD and CHRIST.
Matthew 1:16 (KJV)
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 2:4 (KJV)
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Acts 2:36 (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 7:59 (KJV)
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

15. The Father is the only Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:8 (KJV)
8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:10 (KJV)
10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

16. Jesus is the only Immanuel/Emmanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 (KJV)
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Acts 15:14 (KJV)
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV)
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17. Jesus did all work in His Father's name.
John 10:25 (KJV)
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

18. Jesus is the name of the Holy Ghost/Comforter.
John 14:26 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

19. The Holy Spirit/Ghost/Comforter was the Father of Jesus.
Matthew 1:20 (KJV)
Luke 1:35 (KJV)
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

20. Jesus is the Comforter.
Notice in these following verses that the Holy Ghost/Spirit is to come to the disciples yet it is Jesus who is the one coming back to live inside of them.
John 14:16-18 (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (Note: In the original Greek reading this verse actually reads: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another way to be comforted". [W. E. Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words - The word Comforter or Consoler corresponds to the name 'Menahem', given by the Hebrews to the Messiah, so every Jew at that time knew who and what that 'comforter' is and would be - Jesus Himself] and then in verses 18 and 28 we see what that other way is, it is Jesus in spirit form coming back to live within us. Remember in Hebrews 13:5 Paul speaking of the Lord, who we know is Jesus, quotes part of 1 Kings 8:57 "for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" and by these verses we see that Jesus never left us but lives in us via our own personal Pentecostal experience of Acts 2 as the Holy Ghost/Spirit.)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:28 (KJV)
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

21. The Father is the 'I am he'.
Isaiah 41:4 (KJV)
4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 43:10 (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 43:13 (KJV)
13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
Isaiah 43:25 (KJV)
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Isaiah 48:12 (KJV)
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

22. Jesus is the 'I am he'.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

23. The Father's name is called Jesus.
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 45:15 (KJV)
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. (Note: The word 'Saviour' here is the Hebrew word 'Yehoshua' and actually means 'Jehovah saves' and can properly be translated as the name Jesus for if you remember the name or word Jesus [Strong's Exhaustive concordance #2424 'Iesous' in Greek or in English would be 'Yahweh saves] means 'Saviour' so we see that the God of Israel is the Saviour/Jesus. The Greek word or name Iesous is translated ‘-Jesus’ 964 times, ‘Jesus’ 10 times and ‘him’ once in the KJV.
Zechariah 14:9 (KJV)
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

24. Jesus' name is called the name of the Everlasting Father.
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

25. The Father is the only 'Almighty God'.
Genesis 17:1 (KJV)
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Ezekiel 10:5 (KJV)
5 And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

26. Jesus is the only 'Almighty God'.
2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV)
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Revelation 1:1 (KJV) Note: The whole book of Revelation is about Jesus, Who He is and What He is. Notice the first five words of verse one 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ'. Those words set the stage for the entire rest of the book. It’s all about Jesus.
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Revelation 4:8 (KJV)
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Revelation 15:3 (KJV)
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Revelation 16:7 (KJV)
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
Revelation 19:6 (KJV)
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Revelation 21:22 (KJV)
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

27. The Father is the First and the Last.
Isaiah 44:6 (KJV)
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isaiah 48:12 (KJV)
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

28. Jesus is the First and the Last.
Revelation 1:11 (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:17 (KJV)
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

29. In Jesus is the fullness of all that is God and He is the Head of all.
Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

30. The Father is the one and only Savior.
Isaiah 43:3 (KJV)
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Isaiah 43:11 (KJV)
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 45:15 (KJV)
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Isaiah 45:21 (KJV)
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? Who hath told it from that time? Have not I the LORD? And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isaiah 63:8 (KJV)
8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Insert:
There are 19 compound names or titles of God in the Bible and they are:

Compound Names of Jehovah-Jesus in the Bible

Category: 19 Jehovah compound-titles or names in the Old Testament and one duplicated or carried over into the New Testament.
Not all locations of each individual compound name are given but just a sample so as to establish the usage and application of each.

Overview
1. Jehovah-Adonai The Lord Our Sovereign Genesis 15:2, 8
(Master Jehovah)
2. Jehovah-Elohav The Lord My God Psalm 7:1; Zech. 14:5
3. Jehovah-Eloheenu The Lord Our God Psalm 99:5, 8, 9
4. Jehovah-Eloheka The Lord Thy God Exodus 20:2, 5
5. Jehovah-Elohim The Eternal Creator Genesis 1:1-7, 26
6. Jehovah-Elyon The Lord Our Most High God Psalm 7:17; 47:2; 97:9
7. Jehovah-Gmolah The Lord Our Recompense Jeremiah 51:56
8. Jehovah-Hoseenu The Lord Our Maker Psalm 95:6
9: Jehovah-Jireh The Lord Will See or Will Provide Genesis 22:14
(Our Provider)
10. Jehovah-Makkeh The Lord That Smites Ezekiel 7:9
11. Jehovah-M’Kaddesh or Medaddishiem The Lord Our Sanctifier Exodus 31:13; Lev. 20:8
(The Lord That Doth Sanctify You)
12. Jehovah-Nissi The Lord Our Banner Exodus 17:15
13. Jehovah-Rohi or Ra-ah The Lord My Shepherd Psalm 23:1
14. Jehovah-Rapheda or Rapha or Raphe The Lord Our Healer Exodus 15:26
(The Lord That Healeth Thee)
15. Jehovah-Saboath The Lord Of Hosts 1 Samuel 1:3; Ps. 24:10
16. Jehovah-Shalom The Lord Our Peace Judges 6:23-24
17. Jehovah-Shammah The Lord Is Present Ezekiel 48:35
(The Lord Is There)
18. Jehovah-Tsidkeenu or Tsidkenu The Lord Our Righteousness Jeremiah 23:6, 33:16
19. Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua
The Lord Is Savior Isaiah 49:26; Matt 1:21
(The Lord Is Jesus)

Details of #19
Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua (- most common form) or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua – The Lord Is Savior or The Lord Is Jesus
Isaiah 49:26 (Used in Old Testament 13 times)
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 60:16
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) his people from their sins.

31. Jesus is the one and only Savior.
Matthew 1:21 (KJV)
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Matthew 18:11 (KJV)
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10 (KJV)
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

32. No other name under heaven given unto us that we MUST BE SAVED BY.
Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Hebrews 2:3 (KJV)
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

33. Everything we do in 'word' or 'deed' must be done in His one name, that precious name of 'Jesus Christ'. The one total and complete name of the Eternal, Everlasting, Almighty God = Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:17 (KJV)
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Wow! What a Bible Study that was. Amen!
Let me give a summary of what we've learned:
The 'NAME' of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost/Spirit or Comforter is Jesus Christ. To not know this truth is to not know He is the 'I am He' of John 8:24 the verse we started out with a few pages back.
And to not know that is to suffer the fate like those of Matthew 7:21-23 who 'used His name' but 'didn't know His name' as the single only name of the true God.
Della,

You've posted a lot of names and titles here.

So, to mimic my dear sister's comment to me a few days ago.... "pick one"

You say Jesus Christ, I wonder if James Pierce would use a different name than that.

If the name is the focus of this discussion, shouldn't you guys at least agree on the name that is to be used?

One says use this exact name
Another says use this name
And yet another says just use the name no matter what language you say it in.

Interesting....

So maybe we should just baptized using the words... in "YOUR NAME" and that way no one is offended and all are right per se.

Interesting...
Hello again Tracy,
The only problem with using in "YOUR NAME" is the fact that no name is being used at all. My reference to language is to say that even a Spanish person SAYS (Hay-Sus) spelled Jesus, to God they are still calling upon his name and not denying his name.

SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT THE APOSTLES WERE PREACHING A FALSE DOCTRINE SEEING THAT THEY BAPTIZED IN JESUS NAME?
Hey Sis, I was being sarcastically ambiguous. LOL

I guess my point is still the same, different people have used the different names as the name that should be spoken and are not necessarily agreeing with your tower of Babel approach to the name.

I'm not even addressing the trinity / no-trinity issue anymore. To stay on the trinity / no-trinity merry go round gets you nowhere fast.

I'm looking at the differences in the choice of name from the people who agree on this discussion. Some seem to say that no matter what language you speak, you should use the same name.

For example, my name is Tracy. Variations of Teresa is the closest you will get to my name in other languages... and yet, you still aren't using my name. You are only using variations of it as it pertains to your language.

I also understand your point of view. I know that even though my friends who speak other languages are using a variation of Teresa to address me.. I know they are talking to me.

I just hoped you guys who agree here in this discussion would somehow agree FULLY.

Its like Catholic vs Protestant and then under Protestant are "variations" LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service