What if I was baptized in (The Titles)Father, Son, Holy Ghost is that Incorrect?

There's Bad News If you were!! because no one in the entire Testament Church Was ever baptized that Way! Let us examine the new Testament Water baptisms and Find The right Way to be baptized! The Good News Is Your here and Hopefully Have a desire to Follow the Bible.

There has been some beliefs state salvation is accepting Jesus as your personal savior. By acknowledging he is the son of God that your saved. Then they teach and baptize in the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit.

But what does the Bible say?

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

You Must believe to come to salvation. But believing is not salvation.

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Why did he ask them How they were baptized? Does it matter how your baptized?

YES

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

So they first were taught.

Secondly they believed

Then was baptized

Next you will see they was filled with the Holy Ghost and the evident of the Holy Ghost came By that God given tongue that God gives to each he fills with his spirit.

Now we see prior to this they had repented but didn’t know the truth about really being saved. But once they seen the truth they willingly received God.

Act 2:37

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 16:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Now What did peter who God said upon who he was going to build his church on and who was given the keys too say?

Repent, Be baptized and How did he say to be baptized? In the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit?

NO.

He said IN THE NAME OF. NAME NOT NAMES OR TITLES. SINGULAR ONE NAME.

And he gave us what that one name to our one God is. JESUS.

Find in the word where there was ever anyone baptized in the titles father son, holy spirit.

It is not in there. You will never find in Gods word where any one was baptized the 3 titles. NAME OF Means one name singular.

There is one verse in the book of Matthew 28:19 and when you read this verse understand that anytime Jesus tried to make the people understand who he really was they wanted to stone him. His mission wasn’t to prove he was God just yet. His mission was to bring us to him by coming in a fleshly form. Every time they would question who he was he would talk to them in riddles or in a way they wasn’t sure just what he was saying for sure. Even still they wanted to stone him. He slipped away through the crowd many times. So when he spoke of Matt 28:19 he was using wisdom talking of a shadow of what was to come. If he has said go out teaching men to baptize in my name they would have stoned him. Most of the things he spoke did not even come to them or fully understand until he died on the cross then more when he rose again like he said he would do. Then on the day of Pentecost wow. What he said about coming back and living in me was true. For the first time in their lives they saw Christ for who he really was. Ok here is that verse Christ spoke while still walking in a flesh form with them.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

He didn’t give the name of yet they would soon find what that name was to be.
He does give us a Clue that there is one Name for remission of sins by preaching the gospel.
Luke 24:46-47 (King James Version)

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act 2:41

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Now those three thousand didn’t just say that they believe that God sent Jesus and that they accept him only. They Repented and were baptized in JESUS NAME and was filled with his spirit (with the evidence by speaking in tongues)

Act 2:42

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Somewhere along the way a large percentage of the church world has left the apostles doctrine. Are we to still follow the doctrine that God set up through the apostles?

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Eph 4:4

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one Baptism,

Eph 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Living a good life will not save you. the word tells us that if you haven’t been born of the water and the spirit which is to repent and receive the Holy Ghost and Baptism that you will not make it to heaven.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Oh come on I was baptized and believe besides I don’t have to give up as much going to the church I am at now. Whats the big deal? They love God too. What God isn’t gonna let them in just because they didn’t speak in all that tongue stuff or get baptized in Jesus name.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

See what did I tell you earlier? He was trying to let them see hey guys I came from heaven robed in this skin because I love you. But they couldn’t see that. Do you really think they would have accepted him saying Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Like was said in acts 2:38?

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Joh 10:39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

Below is some of the scriptures from the word of God on baptism.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 8:34-39 (King James Version)

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

He Is The Only Way We Can be Saved.
Don't You Want to Be Baptized the Right Way Today?
Please drop me a line on my page . Love In Christ Della Morton

Here is a Bible Study video on Why Is Water baptism Of The Father,Son, Holy Spirit Incorrect?
FIND OUT "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?" A must see video.

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Todays Pope Benedict, when he was a cardinal in 1988, actually admitted the Catholic church changed the baptism:

-- The basic form of the (28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19 came from the city of Rome."
Quoted from: Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, Introduction to Christianity, pp.50-51.
Don't just take my word for it. Look it up for yourself. The pope openly admits they changed the wording from in my Name to the titles Father Son Holy ghost to fit their doctrine of the trinity which was not affirmed in scripture. The trinity was added after the true church of Jesus and his Apostles in the bible were already established.

I have provided the references with the page numbers.

Encyclopedia International, 1975 Edition, Vol.18, p.226 - The doctrine of the "Trinity" did not form part of the apostles' preaching, as this is reported in the New Testament.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Edition, Vol.13, p.1021 - The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertullian's writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol.27, p.69 - The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1975 Edition, Vol. T, p.363 - Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol.22, p.476 - The Catholic faith is this: We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal - the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took aver the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol.29, No.18, p.51 - The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY in the Gospels"

Many use the human reasoning and logic that the non-Biblical words "trinity", "triune" or "persons" (pertaining to God and/or the Godhead) should be accepted just as the words "rapture" and "Bible" are .... or even the word "sandwich" (for that matter). And, even though "sandwich" is not a Biblical word, I know they're real 'cause I ate one yesterday. So, my point ... or my question ... is, what Biblical words could be used in the place of the words "trinity", "triune" OR "persons" pertaining to God and/or the Godhead? I wouldn't have any trouble at all finding Biblical words to use in the place of "sandwich", "rapture" and "Bible". They are: "bread" and "meat", "caught up" "Word of God" and "book".

Now, if those who embrace the man-made theory of the Trinity can find any words that will do for "truine", "persons" or "trinity" what the words "bread" and "meat", "caught up" "Word of God" and "book" will do for "sandwich", "rapture" and "Bible", I would love to see them. Unless or until they can, I suggest that they stop adding to or taking from (depending on how you look at it) the Word of God by embracing, as dogmatically held doctrine, a theory which is NOT specifically mentioned in the Bible ... and without any Biblical words which could serve as a substitute to describe a "tag-team of wrestlers". And, while the Bible does NOT authorize a belief in three "persons" who jointly form One God, it does accurately describe God as the Father in Creation, the Son in Redemption and the Holy Spirit living in the hearts of believers throughout the New Testament Church Age. There is more Scriptural to support three "forms" of God ... three "manifestations" of God ... three "titles" of God ... three "offices/positions" which God holds or ... three "roles" in which God functions ... than there is THREE PERSONS of God. That is strictly a flawed theory!

If it’s a matter of semantics, "one God in three persons" is an "add on" that people would be wise to just leave off.

My Dad can be very accurately be described as a father, son and husband ... or a teacher, student and administrator. While He functions in more than one capacity and occupy more than one office, and wears a number of different hats, He is still just ONE person. As a matter of fact, He can be in the same room with, and in the presence of, my mother, His wife and daughters, and He can speak, act and function as a father, son and husband without anybody getting confused as to how many persons He is or who is talking.

English was my worst subject in school, but I do remember a few things. For illustration purposes only, it is not proper to link the singular pronoun "He", which refers to one "person", to verbs like: "see", "hear" and "warn" ... which would look like this ... "He see", "He hear" and "He warn". When using the singular pronoun "He", it is necessary to use the verbs "sees", "hears" and "warns" ... "He SEES", "He HEARS" and "He WARNS". In order to use the verbs "see", "hear" and "warn", you must use a noun or pronoun which is "plural" and identifies "more" than one person like, "People" ... "People see", "People hear" and "People warn". Yet, intelligent people who know this rule, but who have been indoctrinated to believe that there are three "persons" of God, ignore this rule when it comes to the word "GOD" (the Hebrew word Elohim).

**IF** the word "GOD" (Elohim) identifies more than one "person", as the trinitarians insist, the Bible should read like this, "God SEE", "God HEAR" and "God WARN" ... AND IT DOESN'T! The word "GOD" is never linked to a verb like that. Instead, the word "GOD" is ALWAYS linked to verbs just as the word "He" (a singular person) is ... like this, "God SEES", "God HEARS" and "God WARNS". Again, I use these particular words for illustration purposes only, but I hope I have made my point ... and that it's CLEAR.

Men started "reading" things into the Scriptures a couple centuries or so AFTER Jesus ascended back up into Heaven, and after the "foot print followers" of our Lord had passed on. As a result, there has evolved all sorts of religious beliefs and denominations. However, in order to get people to stop and think about a few things, I use the Clark Kent/Superman analogy quite a bit. Jesus said and did some of the things He said and did to set an example for those who witnessed it to follow, as well as for those of us who would read about it 2,000 years later. At any rate, the reason I use Clark Kent/Superman is because people are familiar with the scenario. And, although Clark Kent/Superman is a fictitious character, I contend that the Incarnate Christ was, indeed, the REAL Superman. And, as a result, Jesus often spoke of the Father as if the Father where someone other than Himself who was way off in another galaxy or solar system. As a former trinitarian, myself, I understand why those who have been indoctrinated to believe there's two or three of 'em up there believe such, as well as those who interpret ... and try to understand ... the Bible "literally". However, spiritual things are NOT understood with human reasoning and logic. And, Jesus was unlike any one else who has ever walked upon planet Earth. While He possessed the Glory and Power of Deity, He went about as a lowly servant. He had a "human" nature as a result of actually being born of a woman. And, He had a "Divine" nature as a result of Him being God manifested in the flesh. Also, Jesus served as the example ... or the template (so to speak) ... for all Christians to pattern themselves after. And, as a result, He said and did many things for our benefit ... AND to set an example for us to follow. By the way, I am NOT saying Jesus was deceitful, nor that He lied ... far from it. It's just that He could (and did) speak, act and function as any "ordinary" man, at times. And, He also could (and did) speak, act and function as Almighty God, at other times, while here on Earth. Those who have ears to hear, hears what the Spirit saith, and aren't trying to fuel a flawed, man-made, pre-conceived and indoctrinated agenda, will, I believe, come to the understanding as to who Jesus "really" is **IF** they truly hunger and thirst for righteousness. Then, it will be up to them what they do from that point. They can continue on in their traditions and doctrines of men OR they can come out from among them and be ye separate.

Since Isaiah was a MAJOR Messianic Prophet in the Old Testament, my challenge for every "natural" Jew and every professing Christian who believes the man-made theory of the Holy Trinity OR those who believe Jesus was Michael the Archangel or some other inferior subordinate is very simple. I challenge all "natural Jews", all professing Christians who believes the man-made theory of the Holy Trinity, the entire Watchtower Society constituency, the Vatican, and the entire Roman Catholic Church constituency, as well as any and all members and/or associates, past and present, of the various and sundry Protestant denominations, any and all independent Bible students and scholars including the entire constituency of the anything connected to or remotely resembling the Mormon Church ... or anyone else (**IF** I missed anybody) ... to read 11 Chapters in the Book of Isaiah (Chapters 41, 43, 44, 47, 48, 49, 53, 54, 59, 60, and 63) and then provide me with the Scripture(s) they believe supports the belief that the coming (prophesied and promised) MESSIAH aka Jesus Christ would be someone BESIDES Jehovah/God, Himself.

Those of us who embrace the Apostles' One God Monotheistic Doctrine understand something very important: The Incarnate Christ was the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last ... God manifest in the flesh. And, these are just a few of the documenting Scriptures I use ... Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 44:6; Isaiah 48:12; Micah 1:2-3; John 1:1-14; John 10:30-33; John 14:6-11; Colossians 2:8-10; 1 Timothy 3:16; Rev. 2:8; Rev. 21:6; and Rev. 22:13.

Yes, the Doctrine of the Holy Trinity is a flawed man-made theory, and is NOT "sound doctrine" at all. Therefore, upon learning this, a person should ask themselves this question, "Do I want Truth in its entirety, or do I want man's flawed theories and traditions?" Whatever you decide, it is entirely up to you. In the final analysis of things, you and I will be justified or condemned not by just our faith and beliefs alone, but also by the words we speak AND our deeds. Silence can be interpreted as consent. There are sins of omissions and sins of commission. And, there will be lots of "good" people in hell. Being "good" is NOT good enough. If you doubt or dispute that, read Acts Chapter 10. Cornelius was a good man but he still needed salvation.

A very closely related subject to this is the words that are invoked at baptismal services. The name that was alluded to in Matthew 28:19 is the precious name of JESUS. Quoting Matthew 28:19 does NOT fulfill the Great Commission. Those who knew how it was to be done, invoked the precious name of Jesus in Acts 2:37-41; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-48; and Acts 19:1-6. Jesus was NOT telling His disciples what to "say" in Matthew 28:19, He was telling them what to "do". Besides, nobody was baptized in Matthew 28:19. And, nobody in the entire Bible was baptized in the "titles" of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. We are admonished in Colossians 3:17 to do whatever we do in "word AND deed", to do it all of it in the "NAME of Jesus". And, besides the baptism examples, here are a couple other places (direct "quotes") where the "name of Jesus" was invoked in word and deed instead of the "titles" of Father, Son and Holy Ghost ....

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

History also documents baptism in the name of Jesus ...

Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics (1951). II, 384, 389: "The formula used was "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ" or some synonymous phrase; there is no evidence for the use of the triune name… The earliest form, represented in the Acts, was simple immersion… in water, the use of the name of the Lord, and the laying on of hands. To these were added, at various times and places which cannot be safely identified, (a) the triune name (Justin)…"

Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible (1962), I 351: " evidence .. suggests that baptism in early Christianity was administered, not in the threefold name, but 'in the name of Jesus Christ' or 'in the name of the Lord Jesus.'"

Otto Heick, A History of Christian Thought (1965), I, 53: "At first baptism was administered in the name of Jesus, but gradually in the name of the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible (1898). I, 241: "[One explanation is that] the original form of words was "into the name of Jesus Christ" or 'the Lord Jesus,' Baptism into the name of the Trinity was a later development."

Williston Walker, A History of the Christian Church (1947), page 58: "The trinitarian baptismal formula,,, was displacing the older baptism in the name of Christ."

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge (1957), I, 435: "The New Testament knows only baptism in the name of Jesus… which still occurs even in the second and third centuries."

Canney's Encyclopedia of Religions (1970), page 53: "Persons were baptized at first 'in the name of Jesus Christ' … or 'in the name of the Lord Jesus'… Afterwards, with the development of the doctrine of the Trinity, they were baptized 'in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.'"

Encyclopedia Biblica (1899), I, 473: "It is natural to conclude that baptism was administered in the earliest times 'in the name of Jesus Christ,' or in that 'of the Lord Jesus.' This view is confirmed by the fact that the earliest forms of the baptismal confession appear to have been single-not triple, as was the later creed."

Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th ed. (1920), II 365: "The trinitarian formula and trine immersion were not uniformly used from the beginning… Bapti[sm] into the name of the Lord [was] the normal formula of the New Testament. In the 3rd century baptism in the name of Christ was still so widespread that Pope Stephen, in opposition to Cyprian of Carthage, declared it to be valid."

My advice to you is, if you aren't affiliated with one now, that you find yourself a church which embraces, teaches and preaches the Apostles' One God Monotheistic Doctrine and baptizes in the precious name of Jesus ... the name that was alluded to in Matthew 28:19 ... and go there, and see (and feel) the difference for yourself!

Any United Pentecostal Church or Apostolic Pentecostal church in your area!

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I really hope you will consider what you've read in these articles and Pray. When we meet Jesus one day face to face, we will have to answer to Him what we believe. And I don't want it to be said about me that I didn't follow His Apostles Teachings to be saved but rather traditions of men! Jesus can open the Book and judge us out of it!
By then it will be too late. I am going to end with these verses for you to consider a well.

Colossians 2:7-9 (King James Version)

7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
In Who? Christ! I don't see three,but One God!

The Lord Bless you! Love in Christ, Della Morton
To make things clear...the Pope has nothing to do with the word of God or Jesus...
the bible is God's word not the words of the Pope...The only baptism that matters in that of the holy spirit...having your sins washed away...baptism meaning to wash...H20 can never wash away sins...
GB
Preacher,
Are you saying believers dont have to get baptized anymore like in the bible days?
Preacher you said:To make things clear...the Pope has nothing to do with the word of God or Jesus..
THIS IS False!!! I have stated from encyclopedias for your references that the Constantine Changed the Water Baptism wording of matthew 28:19 IN YOUR BIBLE! The Pope even openly admits it!Look it up for yourself!

2.)You said:The only baptism that matters in that of the holy spirit..

This is False Again!! Here's why!
I can give you 40 reasons biblically proven water Baptism in Jesus Name is essential!
1. Because Jesus commanded it. He commanded His disciples to baptize those whom they had taught. (Matt. 28:19)

2. Because Jesus modeled it. He was baptized by John in the river Jordan in order to fulfill all righteousness. (Matt 3:13-15) If it was righteousness thing for Him to do, then how much more is it vital for sinners.

3. Because baptism is coupled with faith and linked to salvation in the teachings of Jesus. 'He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.' (Mark 16:16)

4. Because baptism is linked with repentance and the forgiveness of sins in the teachings of the apostles. 'Repent and be baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of sins...' (Acts 2:38)

5. Because baptism in essential in receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38; see also Acts 19:3-5)

6. Because in baptism our sins are washed away. (Acts 22:16)

7. Because in baptism we call on the name of the Lord. "Arise and be baptized, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16) Baptism is like an action of prayer. In this action we call upon God to fulfill all promises which He has made to us through Christ. Such calling upon the Lord is essential to our salvation.

8. Because in baptism we are brought into spiritual contact with the blood of Jesus. We are 'baptized into his death' where His precious blood was shed. (Romans 6:3)

9. Because in baptism we act out the burial of Jesus. (Romans 6:4) We are 'buried' with Him.

10. Because in baptism we act out the resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:4) We are raised with Him.

11. Because in baptism we mark the formal beginning of a new life in Christ. (Romans 6:4) After our baptism we walk in 'newness of life'.

12. Because in baptism we come 'into Jesus Christ' where there is salvation and blessing. (Romans 6:3, Galatians 3:27)

13. Because in baptism we demonstrate our hope in the resurrection of the righteous. (Romans 6:5)

14. Because in baptism we 'put on Christ'. (Galatians 3:27)

15. Because in baptism we complete the process of new birth -which began when the Holy Spirit -inspired word was implanted into our hearts. (John 3-5)

16. Because being born of the water and the Spirit is essential to entering Christ's kingdom of salvation, "except a man be of the water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." (John 3:5)

17. Because in baptism we experience the circumcision of Christ in which the sins of the flesh are removed in the sight of God. (Colossians 2:11-12)

18. Because in baptism we are raised with Him through faith in the operation of God,: baptism demonstrates in the physical realm our faith about what God is doing in the spiritual realm when we are baptized. (Colossians 2:12)

19. Because baptism is a necessary to be counted among the followers of Christ. 'Those who received his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day." (Acts 2:41)

20. Because even Holy Spirit baptism was no substitute for obedience to Christ in Christian baptism. After Cornelius and his household were baptized in the Holy Spirit, Peter 'ordered' that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts 10:48)

21. Because even the baptism of John the baptist was no substitute for Christian baptism. (Acts 19:3-5)

22. Because when people in the first century believed the gospel they were baptized immediately. (Acts 8:36; 19:5) The action must have been considered very important.

23. Because baptism is a prominent part of the preaching about Jesus. Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch. As part of his message he must have spoken of the importance of baptism. At the first opportunity the eunuch asked, "See here is water, what doth hinder me to be baptized." (Acts 8:35-36)

24. Because if one believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, there is nothing to hinder his/her baptism. (Acts 8:36-37) While teaching about the significance of baptism is important, one need not know all there is to know on the subject because he submits to the Lord in this act.

25. Because baptism leads to a realization that one has obeyed the Lord, hence to joy. (Acts 8:39) The newly baptized eunuch went on his way 'rejoicing'.

26. Because baptism, being the final act in a series of initial responses to the gospel, saves us. The Apostle Peter declared, "baptism now saves us..." (I Peter 3:21)

27. Because in baptism one is following the prompting of a good conscience. It is evidence that one is sincerely trying to do exactly what the Lord commanded. (I Peter 3:21)

28. Because we are baptized in the NAME of the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The NAME is Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38)

29. Baptism is the natural result of having believed the preaching the things concerning about the kingdom of God, they were baptized..." (Acts 8:12)

30. Because baptism is required of all believers, "they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12). "We were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, bond or free. (1 Corinthians 12:13)

31. Because we are baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 8:16) Jesus is Lord!

32. Because healing happens when we are baptism. (Acts 9:18)

33. Because baptism is the natural response of a heart opened by the Lord. (Acts 16:14-15) Through the gospel the Lord opened Lydia's heart to respond to Paul's message. She responded by being baptized.

34. Because baptism is coupled with faith in the reports of salvation in the book of Acts. Many of the Corinthians heard him [Paul], believed, and were baptized.

35. Because baptism is the antetype of the crossing of the Red Sea. (I Corinthians 10:12) Just as Israel left the bondage of Egypt by passing through the sea, so we also leave the bondage of sin to enter into a new relationship with God in baptism.

36. Because baptism is the antetype of the waters of Noah's flood. (1 Peter 3:20-21). Just as the waters removed Noah from a sinful world, so in baptism we pass from a sinful state to a forgiven state.

37. Because baptism is the result of the work of the Spirit on the heart and mind through the word. "We were all baptized by one Spirit into one body" (I Corinthians 12:13)

38. Because there is one baptism which has been required since the first century and shall be required until the Lord returns. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism." (Ephesians 4:5)

39. Because we draw near to God with a true heart, in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience , and our bodies washed with pure water. (Hebrews 10:22)

40. Because baptism is one of three witnesses. "For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one" (I John 5:8).
The Roman Catholic church has nothing to do with Christ...they are a cult...not even mentioned in the bible...
GB
I know the Catholic church is a cult. But some people on BPN are believing the doctrine of the trinity and baptize in water in the titles Father son, Holy Ghost.
The reason I posted that was because some are believing in the trinity so I am letting them know came from the roman catholic church! It's not bible. Jesus and the rest of the apostles NEVER taught a Trinity!
The trinity did not come from the Catholic Church...the trinity came from God through the bible...

1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8
This video gives scholarly proof that the text of Matthew 28:19 was a later insertion [after 200 AD] by the Catholic church. It provides key eye-witness account of the original reading of the text through early writings of major Christian figures and one who had access to an original copy of Matthew. All sources are listed within the video and there are absolutely countless others that 10 minutes worth of video could not contain. I encourage you to research this on your own. The evidence is so absolutely overwhelming that this text has been corrupted [including admission from Cardinal Ratzinger, who is now Pope Benedict 16th] that it is undeniable.

3 Common Sense Reasons Why the Trinity is a False Doctrine
Here is a short, straightforward argument that exposes the doctrine of the Trinity as a man-made apostasy. Three common sense reasons that cannot be disputed.
#1. No Authority at Nicea -
First, lets set this up with a brief history lesson. The Trinity was cautified nearly 300 years after Christ and the original Apostles had been killed off. Christians had been persecuted and had gone underground for much of this period to avoid being fed to lions--remember that?

Under that setting, the Nicean Council and the formation of the Trinity doctrine was ordered and approved by the Roman Emperor Constantine as part of his political campaign to unite factions of the failing Roman Empire under one state religion. Not a lot of people dispute this fact, but Trinity believers try and "spiritualize" it by makingConstantine into a holy man who was led by God. Yet, there is evidence that he was never even baptized--which Christ said was necessary to be saved. (See John 3:5)

Think about it. A somewhat analogous equivalent today would be if the President of the United States gathered up all the Christian denominations of the day, had them mash-up their differing beliefs, and made a church from the consensus--a single religion for the the whole country. And it would all be lead and approved by, not a religious leader, but a political leader.

There weren't even any of the Christian leaders or attendants that claimed to be the head authorities of the church. They all pretty much laid down any authority to the Emperor. And just like in politics, the beliefs of the majority were adopted. Of the two factions that had a disagreement about the character and nature of God and Christ, the majority opinion won the debate, and the losing belief was denounced as heresy. Ask yourself when, if ever, difficult religious doctrines are approved by the majority? Do you think we'd have 10 commandments if it was put up for a vote? I doubt it.

#2. The Unknowable God -
The Trinity Doctrine is impossible to understand, yet understanding our relationship to God is central in gaining salvation and understanding many other gospeldoctrines. In fact the Bible tells us that our very eternal life depends on knowing HIM.

John 17: 3 - And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Bottom line, the 3-in-one monster conjured up by the Trinity is an unknowable being. The Trinity is confusion, and that is NOT of God, but of the devil.(See 1 Cor. 14: 33)

Honest theologians and priests will even admit that there is no way to "understand" the Trinity. They will argue that the mortal mind cannot grasp it but only "comprehend" some of it, but even that is a stretch when the scripture states that our very eternal life depends on KNOWING Him.

I also believe that if there was one doctrine that we should fully understand, it SHOULD be the one about the character and nature of God, and that he'd be a mean son of a gun to give us no way of understanding this very basic and important aspect of the gospel.

If you know anything about the history of the Nicean council, you also know that the framers of this gibberish themselves actually knew that what they were outlining was incomprehensible. That leads you to another problematic question... If the theologian/writers of the Trinity KNEW it was beyond the understanding of men. Then, as MEN, how do they know that they got it right in the first place?

That leads us to the final part of the argument. The lack of spiritual evidence that this doctrine is accepted by God...

#3. Lack of ANY Spiritual Confirmation or Manifestation -
As I have argued, this is a key doctrine that is pivotal to understand which touches most if not all other gospel principals anddoctrines, yet there is no evidence of spiritual manifestations, or any kind of confirmation by the spirit for the conclusion of Nicea.

Again, anyone who takes time to read and study the history of the Nicean Creed will be struck by the strictly political atmosphere of the whole event--thats it.

If you take your examples from the Bible you will notice that most all of the major events in scripture were attended by angels, had manifestations of the Holy Spirit, or miraculous happenings of some sort or another. Yet at Nicea, none of the attendants reported angels appearing, cloven tongues of fire, or even a simple voice from heaven. Everything went off like a session of congress with everybody trying to please theRoman Emperor.

If this IS a pivotal doctrine, why wouldn't there be SOME record of a miraculous occurance that could be pointed to as acceptance by God?

So there you have it. I think these common sense reasons are valid and very strong against the Trinity being a true doctrine. I believe that most Christian Churches of the day have accepted it simply because it is a tradition.
Hear this man's testimony! Simply Awesome!

PURPOSE OF BAPTISM:

Baptism is an act of obedience to God by a person who believes in the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The obedience is in order to receive remission of repented sins (Acts 2:38). In answer to a good conscience before God, baptism does also now save us through the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ (I Peter 3:21). Baptism is a type of putting on or being clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:27).
By baptism, a believer expresses his divorcement from his old sinful life and identifies himself as desiring to live a new life for Jesus. His previous life of sin is actually buried with Christ in baptism (Romans 6:4).

PROPER MODE OF BAPTISM:

Sprinkling, pouring, ad immersion are modes of baptism practiced today. Ephesians 4:5 states "One Lord, one faith ONE baptism." Therefore we believe there exists but one correct mode of baptism. That would be the one employed by Jesus and His disciples. Two scripture references let us know what that mode is. "And Jesus, when He was baptized went up straightway out of the water. . ." (Matthew 3:16). Acts 8:38, 39, in reference to Philip baptizing the eunuch, says ". . .And when they were come up out of the water . . ." went UP STRAIGHTWAY OUT OF and come UP OUT OF strongly implies that baptism is properly administered by immersion in water. Paul's reference to baptism as a burial with Christ (Romans 6:4) supports this position. Study of the Greek word BAPTIZO, from which BAPTISM comes, gives conclusive evidence that immersion in water is the proper mode. Baptizo means to dip, plunge, or immerse.

SCRIPTURAL FORMULA FOR BAPTISM:

Jesus commanded his remaining eleven Apostles , In Matthew 28:19, to baptize. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them..." He spoke to men whose understanding had been opened to the scriptures (Luke 24:45). His words obviously captivated them. They were witnesses to His death, burial and resurrection. They were soon to witness His ascension. They knew He possessed the words of eternal life and they would not forget these.
He charged them previously, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). Doubting Thomas, upon seeing the nail prints in His hand and the wound in His side, had already made the confession, "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28). The disciples knew He was God manifested in flesh, they did love Him, and they would not fail to keep this commandment.
On the momentous day of Pentecost, recorded in Acts the second chapter, we read for the first time they obeyed this command to baptize. They had all just been filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spake in other tongues as this Spirit gave the utterance (Acts 2:4). Peter had stood with the eleven and preached a message of Jesus the Christ and Him crucified. Jews and proselytes, gathered in Jerusalem for the Feast of Pentecost, changed from mockers to inquirers. Pricked in their hearts from Peter's message, they asked what they should do to be saved. Peter, the logical spokesman due to the fact Jesus gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16:19), issued this reply, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of God the Apostles received)."
Peter exercised his God-given authority. The other eleven Apostles stood in silent agreement with him. The people were receptive, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized; and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls" (Acts 2:41). At first glance, this might seem to be a contradiction of what Jesus commanded them in Matthew 28:19, as to the formula for baptism (words said over a baptismal candidate as they are immersed). Knowing that all scripture is inspired of God (II Timothy 3:16) and therefore there can be no contradiction in scripture, we must analyze these two verses a little closer. In doing so, we will find that Acts 2:38 is not in contradiction to, but is the application of Matthew 28:19.
First, let us observe what the Lord Jesus commanded, ". . .baptizing them in THE NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." The command is to baptize in THE NAME (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. In Peter's reply as to what should be done he said, ". . .be baptized in THE NAME of Jesus Christ. . ." In order for these to agree, and since they are both contained in the Word of God, they must, THE NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost must be THE NAME of JESUS CHRIST!

Scripture confirms this. "She shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). Matthew 1:25 adds, ". . .and he called his name JESUS." The Son, spoken of in Matthew 28:19 conceived by the virgin Mary of the Holy Ghost, received the name JESUS. This same Jesus states, "I am come in my Father's name. . ." (John 5:43). Jesus inherited His Father's name just like you and I inherit our father's name (Hebrews 1:4). The Holy Ghost comes in the same name, as Jesus speaking in John 14:26 denotes, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name. . ." THE NAME of the Father is JESUS. THE NAME of the Son is JESUS, and THE NAME of the Holy Ghost is JESUS.
The Word of God again holds true; there is no contradiction. Father, Son and Holy Ghost are TITLES of one God whose NAME IS JESUS. Peter and the rest of the Apostles knew that. Therefore, Peter gave the formula he did, and the rest of the Apostles stood in agreement with him.
Thus, on the day of Pentecost, three thousand souls took on the name of JESUS in baptism. The name that Peter declared in Acts 4:12 was the only name given under heaven among men, whereby we must be saved. Philip invoked the same name in baptizing the Samaritans in Acts 8, ". . . only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." Peter continued the pattern in Acts 10:48. He commanded a gentile household that had already received the Holy Ghost to be baptized in the name of the Lord. The word COMMAND takes on special significance here considering it was delivered to an Italian army officer. To him, disobedience to a command demanded severe consequences.
In Acts 19:1-7 we read of twelve men in Ephesus who lacked the gift of the Holy Ghost. Learning they had not received the Holy Spirit, Paul, the Apostle born out of due season (I Corinthians 15:8), immediately inquired of them unto what they were baptized. Since they were baptized only unto John the Baptist's baptism, a baptism unto repentance, Paul explained that they were to believe on the One who came after John, Christ Jesus. When they heard this they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then Paul laid hands on them and they received the Holy Ghost. This Bible narrative depicts to us two important points about baptism: (1.) If a person has not received the Holy Ghost, it may be because he has not yet been baptized in Jesus' name; (2.) If a person had been previously baptized, but not in Jesus' name, Paul rebaptized him in the name of Jesus.
Paul was a strong believer in the name of the Lord. He learned the name of the Lord in an unforgettable experience that transpired in his life on the road to Damascus. "And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus; and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: and he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am JESUS whom thou persecutest. . ." (Acts 9:3-5). Paul, formerly a persecutor of the Christians, became a Christian. He speaks of calling on the name of the Lord at his own personal baptism, in Acts 22:16.
Some other references signifying the formula for baptism to be in the name of the Lord Jesus are; ". . .baptized into Jesus Christ. . ." (Romans 6:3); ". . .but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus" (I Corinthians 6:11); "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him" (Colossians 3:17).
Reference books further support the fact that the early church used the form IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST as their formula for baptism. "The original form of words were Into the name of Jesus Christ or Lord Jesus." Baptism into the trinity was a later development," DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE by Scribners, page 241, vol. 1. "The early church always baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus until the development of the trinity," CANNEY ENCYCLOPEDIA, page 53. The doctrine of the trinity was officially adopted by the Catholic Church in 325 A.D. approximately three hundred years after the beginning of the church.

CONCLUSION:

Jesus commanded baptism. The disciples and the early church obeyed His command and commanded it to others. The Holy Bible, delivered unto us by the hand of the Lord, commands it. Therefore, it is the responsibility of every individual seeking full salvation to be baptized, using the proper Biblical mode and formula.
The Bible contains no record of anyone being baptized any other way than by immersion in water (mode), in the name of the Lord Jesus (formula). We therefore conclude that baptizing in the titles, using the words "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" is a tradition instituted by men. Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19 is not being obeyed by using the titles; it is only being repeated. Peter and the rest of the Apostles were in obedience to God on the day of Pentecost in stating that baptism should be administered in the name of Jesus.
Salvation comes only by the grace of God. It is only by His grace that we can repent and be baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of our sins. It is our privilege and our honor to be buried with Christ in baptism in answer to a good conscience toward God. By our act of obedience in baptism, in the name of Jesus Christ, we receive the promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost. All who have repented should be baptized in the name of Jesus even if they have already received the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:44-48). God commanded it. Every true believer will do his best to obey the commands of God. He would let nothing hinder him.

The Importance of Water Baptism
Christian water baptism is an ordinance instituted by Jesus Christ.
If it is not important in the plan of God, why did Jesus command it in Matthew 28:19?
And why did Peter follow up by saying, "Be baptized every one of you," and by commanding the Gentiles to be baptized Acts 2:38; 10:48?
We must remember two points about the importance of water baptism.
First, whatever Christ definitely established and ordained cannot be unimportant, whether we understand its significance or not.
Second, Christ and the apostles showed the importance of this ordinance by observing it. Jesus walked many miles to be baptized, though He was without sin, saying, "For thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness" (See Matthew 3:13-16.)
God has chosen to include baptism in His plan of salvation.
Peter explained, "Baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (I Peter 3:21).
According to Luke 7:30, "the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service