Most Black churches have one thing in common, NO MEN! I have heard black pastor’s talk about how much more cooperative women are than men are when leading them. I think this is an excuse to not have to deal with the strong personalities of men. Men are born to lead and deal with problems. Many pastors are insecure and don’t like having strong men in their churches, and that is why their churches are dying! David led Israel primarily due to the fact that he had a forum of Mighty Men! In David’s later years he wrote a chapter of appreciation about the exploits of these men. No great leader can really be great without great MEN following them and also leading WITH them, Moses had Joshua to assist him, and Joshua was NO PUNK! He was a strong man of faith himself! Moses didn’t act intimidated by the fact that Joshua was a mighty man of God, Moses appreciated it! The main reason the Nation of Islam is so appealing to Black men is that is speaks to what men appreciate…STRENGTH! Black pastors WAKE UP and realize you need strong men to HELP you lead! There are too many limp wristed men in our churches! It is no wonder our sisters are facing a crisis in the area of finding a husband! A man must be discipled to not only grow in Christ, but grow as a leader in the body.

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1John 2:1-4 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

What is sin?

1John 3:4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Exodus 20:1-18 And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.Thou shalt not kill.Thou shalt not commit adultery.Thou shalt not steal.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's
And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
"It does not say that in the Bible..."

Thank you.
Now why do you think black men dont show up for church on Sunday?
Don't say because they are trying to keep the Sabbath either.
here we go
SMH...
"Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col. 2:16-17).
Colossians 2:8-17 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

What are the ordinances that were blotted out. Daniel talked about it.

Daniel 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
The Animal sacrifice was the shadow of things to come. They sacrificed animals for they sins, but the blood off bulls and goats couldn't take away sin. The Blood of Jesus washes your sins, but you are to still keep the Law. The keeping of the commandments is not the deeds of the law. The animal sacrifice was the deeds of the law. The Law is the covenant between god and his people.
When I attend church on Sunday, it is for the purpose of worshiping the SON! This has always been my focus. So, to say that my church attendance on Sunday is to worship the sun is an outright lie from the pits of hell. I HAVE NEVER WORSHIPED NOR WILL I EVER WORSHIP the sun, stars, moons, etc. That's ludicrous!
i think that we can see that modern religion is a hoax,worship is for the eyes of men ,everything we do to worship the lord,the same we do go to a concert(wear ya dancing shoes playin some organ tonite)
and our men see that, the preacher aren't teaching sound doctrine ,they are teaching of the doctrine of men ,mostly because they parrot things taught by others who had no clue, no research for themselves and a the bruthas see that ,so you goin, you learning nothing, and they keep running this collection plate

problem they do not teach the scripture in it's entirety(but by every word that preceedth out of the mouth of the lord thy god) thowing out the old test we err greatly(the black man with no knowledge of see's that) here is whats happening

Isaiah 8:20-22 (King James Version)
20To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. 21And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

the law being the old testament/ the testimony being the new testament/ and sence they don't teach it this way the black man remains hungry knowing these people full of something, but it ain't the holy spirit(((LOL)))
Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week (Matt. 28:1-7; Mark 16:2, 9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1).
Jesus appeared to the disciples on the first day of the week (John 20:19).
Jesus appeared inside the room to the eleven disciples eight days after the first day of the week. The Jewish way of measuring days meant that it was again Sunday
(John 20:26).
The Holy Spirit came on Pentecost, the first day of the week (Lev. 23:16; Acts 2:1).
The first sermon was preached by Peter on the first day of the week (Acts 2:14).
Three thousand converts joined the church on the first day of the week (Acts 2:41).
The three thousand were baptized on the first day of the week (Acts 2:41).
The Christians assembled broke bread on the first day of the week.
The Christians also heard a message from Paul on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7). Note: the reference is until midnight which is not the Jewish method of measuring days, but the Roman system.
Paul instructed the churches to put aside contributions on the first day of the week
(1 Cor. 16:2).
Jesus gave the apostle John the vision of Revelation on the first day of the week
(Rev. 1:10).1
"Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col. 2:16-17).
AMEN Bro. Mark.
Mark:

The same text which you attempt to apply to undermine those of us promoting the keeping of YHWH's Sabbath (which will be kept in the millennium, in the kingdom of God/YHWH, Is. 66:23), actually flies back in your face and CONDEMNS YOU, if you are chastising Black men for not being in church on Sunday!

What Bible text gives you that authority, to insist that Black men be in church on Sunday, while forgetting the Sabbath which is one of the commandments of God/YHWH?

If you have a text please provide it.

If you don't have a text where Jesus or the Apostles teach that we should go to church on Sunday then admit it.

Remember, based upon the legalities of a covenant/will, you CANNOT ADD TO A WILL/COVENANT/TESTAMENT after the death of the TEASTATOR. So a change of the Sabbath to Sunday would have to be AUTHORIZED by Messiah himself, BEFORE HIS DEATH, for it to be included in the New Covenant.

To quote Him, he said in Matt. 28:19 - 23:

"Go you (Jews/Hebrews therefore and teach all nations (Gentiles).....teaching them to OBSERVE WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU (Jews/Hebrews).

So Mark, what did our Messiah teach His disciples? Did he teach them to GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY???

If so, please show us where.

If you have Biblical evidence, then I will join you in getting ALL BLACK MEN & WOMEN TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY.....

If you have NO EVIDENCE, Mark, then stop making void the Commandments of God by teaching the COMMANDMENTS, DOCTRINES and TRADITIONS OF MEN.
(Mark 7:9 - And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.)

Why not begin keeping the Commandments of GOD/YHWH, which is the lifestyle of all SAINTS: That was the LIFELONG EXAMPLE OF OUR MESSIAH AND HIS DISCIPLES. After His death they continued to keep the Sabbath or were you not aware of that?

John in Revelation, describes the saints as "those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus/Yahshua" (Revelation 14:12).

If you preachers don't follow what the Bible says, why do you expect Black men to follow what YOU say?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service