Who is the REAL God of the Old Testament? Part 1

Who is the God of the Old Testament?

Why is it so important that we know who the God of the Old Testament is? After all, it seems quite clear that God the Father is what was taught to us as the God of the Old Testament, right? Well, let’s search to see if that is really what God‘s Holy scriptures says!

Has Anyone seen God the Father?

St. John 1: 18 – No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared him.

St. John 5: 37 – And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

St. John 6: 46 – Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Notice the distinction that is made in the above verses? Both Jesus and the apostle John referred to God as, God the Father. According to the scriptures, NO MAN HAS SEEN NOR HEARD GOD THE FATHER AT ANY TIME. let’s remember who made (2) of those statements…..JESUS!!! Now let’s search the scriptures of the OT.

This CAN NOT be the Father….so who is it?

Exd 24: 9 – 11. 9. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10. And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Exd 33: 11 – And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

Exd 33: 23 – And I will take mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Num 12: 6-8. 6. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all my house.

8. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold:

Now after reading these scriptures it seems very evident that, not only did Moses see and hear the voice of the God of Israel, but at least seventy-three people saw and heard him.

Let’s review:

In St. John we found that no man has seen God the Father, heard his voice nor seen his shape at anytime.

In Exodus and Numbers we found that Moses and at least seventy other elders saw and eat with the God of Isreal.

So what do we have here? Jesus himself said, no man has seen God the Father and the Old Testament says that Moses and at least seventy elders saw God. Could this be a contradiction? God forbid! Let’s continue to search the scriptures for the truth.

Searching for the ‘God’ of the OT

Now most of us have been taught that Jesus and God the Father are both Gods, but have you ever read it for yourself in the bible? Can you prove it through the scriptures?

Let’s start in the book of Philippians (NT) 2: 5-8. Here, Paul is talking to the Philippians and telling them to have the same mind as Christ has.

Phil 2:5-8. 5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So here we have Paul telling us that Jesus, a God, found it not wrong to be equal with God, obviously God the Father. The reason I can say that is because Jesus is the one that became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Now let’s go to St. John (NT) to get a better understanding of these two (2) Gods. Yes….these TWO Gods!!!!!

St. John 1:1-4,14 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

2. The same was in the beginning with God.

3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4. In him was life; and the life was the life of men.

14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So now after reading in St. John we can understand why the statement in Philippians is true.

Jesus (The Word) did not think it wrong to be equal to God because, according to St. John1:1, he was God.

And how do I know that the Word is Jesus Christ? Because verse 14 tells us that “, the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.” And the Word, in St. John, is the same person that, “.,became obedient unto the death, even the death of the cross.” in Phil 2:8.

Now there was one thing I hope you did not miss. Who was it that made everything that was made? That’s right! It was the Word. And who is the Word? Jesus Christ. Now let’s go to Colossians (NT) to confirm this.

In this book we have Paul addressing the Colossians and encouraging them to stay strong in the faith, but not before letting them know whom it is that they should be thanking:

Col1:12-17 12. Giving thanks to the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:

16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,
visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities,
or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.

17. And he is above all things, and by him all things consist.

So it is through, “…his dear SON…”, “…ALL things were created….” Need more proof?

Here are two more scriptures:

Hebrews (1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.

Ephesians (3:9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Obviously Paul is telling the listeners the exact same thing St John said. And what he is saying is that the person that we have come to know as the Word, or Jesus Christ, is the one that created everything. Now this is very important. Let’s reason together for a moment and review the facts we’ve found in the scriptures.

We know that Jesus Christ is God and found it not robbery to be equal to God the Father. (NT) Phil 2:6.

We know that Jesus humbled himself and became obedient unto the death of the cross. (NT) Phil 2:8.

We know that the Word (Jesus Christ) was God, was made flesh and dwelt among us. (NT) St. John 1: 1 & 14.

And finally we know that the Word made everything that was made. “ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him. (NT) Col 12:16.

Now at this point it should be quite clear as to what these scriptures are saying, but just incase you are not following them here it is in a nutshell:

Jesus Christ, also known as the Word, created everything that was created and he is a GOD!!

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear brother,

In the Heaven, on the Throne, there are not two or three people seated side by side. There is only one person sitting on the Throne. He is Jesus-Christ, the true God and eternal Life (1John 5: 20).

Let us look at the Throne!”

“And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of A MAN high above it. Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around”.

Ezekiel 1:26-27

How many people, did Ezekiel see on the Throne? On Person:

Jesus, the Almighty God, because Jesus said that All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth (Matthew 28: 18).

Ezekiel saw the image of the glory of the Eternal and fell on his face. He did not see two or three people as a God, but he saw only one person.

I also, by the Holy Spirit, do not see two or three people as a God, but I see only one person, Jesus-Christ.

Daniel also trough a vision saw God the Ancient of Days, seated lonely on His throne.

“ I watched till thrones were put in place, And the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, And the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, Its wheels a burning fire; A fiery stream issued And came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, And the books were opened”.

Daniel 7:9-10

Let us see also What John saw on the single Great White Throne of Judgment:

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them”.

Revelation 20:11

How many people, did John see on the Throne? On Person: Jesus, the Almighty God who will judge the living and the dead a His appearing and His kingdom:

“I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom”:

2 Timothy 4:1

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb”.

Revelation 22:1

Brother, I want to ask you also a question:

If the Throne is for the Lamb and God according to the verse above, so do you believe that there are two gods sitted side by side on the single Throne?

There is not a single Throne for two or three people in Heaven. No!

You are spiritually blind!

May God open your eyes!

God (Yahweh) is the one Who is called the Lamb. JESUS IS THE ALMIGTHTY GOD AND THE LAMB SEATED ON THE THRONE (Revelation 7:10-17; 22:1-6; 6:16-17; 14:1).

“When he saw JESUS passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"
John 1:36

“Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped”.

Revelation 5:13-14

Now, I would like ask you an other question for it seems to me that you put the stress on word “AND”.

Indeed, you said:

“Did you catch that? "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Again I ask you...."Who does The Lamb of God take the book from? "Who is the one sitting on the Throne?"
Let's read some more to confirm;
Rev.21
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Again we have TWO!!! throughout the WHOLE bible we have TWO!! Now just how do YOU get ONLY ONE!!! »

"AND"

OK !

Now, let us read the following verse :

“awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works”.

Titus 2:13-14

Brother, the Bible also says “ the glory of our great God AND Saviour Jesus Christ…”

Is the glory for two persons or for ONE person?

"AND"

So, do you see TWO PERSONS here?

You must stop your false teachings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus is not a small god beside Yahweh the great God, but Jesus Himself is our great God and Savior. Yahweh, the Savior in the Old Testament is Jesus the Savior in the New Testament Insofar as there are not two gods or two saviors. Amen!

Please, answer this question:

“To whom then will ye liken God? and what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isaiah 40:18

God is one!!!!

Our great God and Saviour is Jesus Christ!!!

Now, I would like to ask you a question:

Ezekiel saw one person on the Throne. Daniel saw one person on the throne. John also saw one person on the Throne. But why do you see two Gods: God (Jesus the Son) beside God (Yahweh the Father)? Why?

Isaiah also saw one person on the Throne:

“In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple”.

Isaiah 6:1

Why do you see THREE OR TWO people in God?

He who will judge all of us is the Lord Jesus-Christ (1 Corinthians 4:1-5)
God is the Judge of all:

“to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in Heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect”

Hebrews 12:23

The Holy Scriptures declares that Jesus is the Judge, and God is the Judge.
Do you see two Gods, two people, two Judges?

Jesus is the single Judge: He is the Almighty God manifested in the flesh:

“John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,”

Revelation 1:4-5

He who is and who was and who is to come, is the single person who is sitted on the single Throne. The Almighty God is.

Jesus-Christ is the one Who is, Who was and Who is to come:

“Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:7-8

“And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death”.

Revelation 1:17-18

Do you see two or three Gods? Do you see two or three people?
Jesus-Christ is the righteous Judge. It is Him who sat on the throne! There are not two or three people on the same throne! No!

Please, see the aspect of this man sitting on the throne! See! Please compare the description made by Ezekiel of the Eternal (Ezekiel 1:26 - 28), and that done by Daniel of Ancient of the Days (Daniel 7: 9-13), with the one done by John (Revelation 1: 12-18).

What do we see? We see the description of God, of Jesus-Christ. When John saw Him, he fell like Ezekiel did. AMEN!

It is Him! It is the same one! It is the same person! O I Love Him! I’ve found Him! He is Jesus-Christ, the Almighty God!!!
Jehovah is the name of the Almighty...so I suppose you go try and tell me Jesus isnt He who was, which is, and which is to come either, rite??
Elijah,

Jehovah is not his name. Are you Jehovah's witness? YHWH(Yahweh) is his name, and its in every Hebrew bible. Yod-Hey-Waw-Hey is the Hebrew of his name. It is not Jehovah, Elijah. Who was, and is, and is to come means 2 things.. One that he is eternal, and the other than he is coming soon. The Prophets always reveal to us that Yahweh himself will return, but we know how he will return, through the manifestation of his son Yeshua. But, if Yahweh is the only person ever to be called El Shaddai, then its safe to say that the person speaking in Rev 1:8 is indeed our father-- YAHWEH, Baruch attah Yahweh!
k. check your mail brother..
Dear brother,

In the Heaven, on the Throne, there are not two or three people seated side by side. There is only one person sitting on the Throne. He is Jesus-Christ, the true God and eternal Life (1John 5: 20).

Let us look at the Throne!”

“And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of A MAN high above it. Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around”.

Ezekiel 1:26-27

How many people, did Ezekiel see on the Throne? On Person:

Jesus, the Almighty God, because Jesus said that All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth (Matthew 28: 18).

Ezekiel saw the image of the glory of the Eternal and fell on his face. He did not see two or three people as a God, but he saw only one person.

I also, by the Holy Spirit, do not see two or three people as a God, but I see only one person, Jesus-Christ.

Daniel also trough a vision saw God the Ancient of Days, seated lonely on His throne.

“ I watched till thrones were put in place, And the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, And the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, Its wheels a burning fire; A fiery stream issued And came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, And the books were opened”.

Daniel 7:9-10

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them”.

How many people, did John see on the Throne? On Person: Jesus, the Almighty God who will judge the living and the dead a His appearing and His kingdom:

“I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom”:

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb”.

Brother, I want to ask you also a question:

If the Throne is for the Lamb and God according to the verse above, so do you believe that there are two gods sitted side by side on the single Throne?

There is not a single Throne for two or three people in Heaven. No!

You are spiritually blind!

May God open your eyes!

God (Yahweh) is the one Who is called the Lamb. JESUS IS THE ALMIGTHTY GOD AND THE LAMB SEATED ON THE THRONE (Revelation 7:10-17; 22:1-6; 6:16-17; 14:1).

“When he saw JESUS passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"
John 1:36

“Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped”.

Revelation 5:13-14

Now, I would like ask you an other question for it seems to me that you put the stress on word “AND”.

Indeed, you said:

“Did you catch that? "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Again I ask you...."Who does The Lamb of God take the book from? "Who is the one sitting on the Throne?"
Let's read some more to confirm;
Rev.21
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Again we have TWO!!! throughout the WHOLE bible we have TWO!! Now just how do YOU get ONLY ONE!!! »

"AND"

OK !

Now, let us read the following verse :

“awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works”.

Titus 2:13-14

Brother, the Bible also says “ the glory of our great God AND Saviour Jesus Christ…”

Is the glory for two persons or for ONE person?

"AND"

So, do you see TWO PERSONS here?

You must stop your false teachings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus is not a small god beside Yahweh the great God, but Jesus Himself is our great God and Savior. Yahweh, the Savior in the Old Testament is Jesus the Savior in the New Testament Insofar as there are not two gods or two saviors. Amen!

Please, answer this question:

“To whom then will ye liken God? and what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isaiah 40:18

God is one!!!!

Our great God and Saviour is Jesus Christ!!!

Now, I would like to ask you a question:

Ezekiel saw one person on the Throne. Daniel saw one person on the throne. John also saw one person on the Throne. But why do you see two Gods: God (Jesus the Son) beside God (Yahweh the Father)? Why?

Isaiah also saw one person on the Throne:

“In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple”.

Isaiah 6:1

Why do you see THREE OR TWO people in God?

He who will judge all of us is the Lord Jesus-Christ (1 Corinthians 4:1-5)
God is the Judge of all:

“to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in Heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect”

Hebrews 12:23

The Holy Scriptures declares that Jesus is the Judge, and God is the Judge.
Do you see two Gods, two people, two Judges?

Jesus is the single Judge: He is the Almighty God manifested in the flesh:

“John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,”

Revelation 1:4-5

He who is and who was and who is to come, is the single person who is sitted on the single Throne. The Almighty God is.

Jesus-Christ is the one Who is, Who was and Who is to come:

“Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:7-8

“And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death”.

Revelation 1:17-18

Do you see two or three Gods? Do you see two or three people?
Jesus-Christ is the righteous Judge. It is Him who sat on the throne! There are not two or three people on the same throne! No!

Please, see the aspect of this man sitting on the throne! See! Please compare the description made by Ezekiel of the Eternal (Ezekiel 1:26 - 28), and that done by Daniel of Ancient of the Days (Daniel 7: 9-13), with the one done by John (Revelation 1: 12-18).

What do we see? We see the description of God, of Jesus-Christ. When John saw Him, he fell like Ezekiel did. AMEN!

It is Him! It is the same one! It is the same person! O I Love Him! I’ve found Him! He is Jesus-Christ, the Almighty God!!!
Brother,

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away.
And there was found no place for them”.

“I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom”

If the Bible says "before God AND the Lord Jesus Christ", is it because you see the word "AND", that you should believe that there are TWO GODS, TWO PERSONS who will judge the living and the dead?

The Bible says".... at His appearing and His kingdom...."

"HIS" = ONE PERSON, ONE GOD, namely Jesus Christ. Amen!

Moreover, if the Bible says “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb”.

Is it because you see the phrase: "the throne of God AND the Lamb", that you should believe that the Throne is for TWO GODS, TWO PERSONS?

No, Jesus-Christ is the righteous Judge. It is Him who sat on the throne! There are not two or three people on the same throne! No!

"GOD AND THE LAMB" = ONE PERSON, ONE GOD, namely Jesus Christ. Amen!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Amen and Amen... my point exactly.
You say, "How many people, did John see on the Throne? On Person: Jesus, the Almighty God who will judge the living and the dead a His appearing and His kingdom:

If Jesus is the one on the Throne, please explain the following;

If this is Jesus as you say;

Rev.5
[1] And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Then WHO is the one that opens the book? Let's read;

Rev.5
[5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Now YOU say it is Jesus that is on the Throne holding the book, AND God's Holy Word says it is Jesus that takes and opens the book from the one sitting on the Throne.

Please explain!

You say it will be Jesus that performs the following;

Jesus, the Almighty God who will judge the living and the dead a His appearing and His kingdom:

The bible says the same thing;

John.5
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

WHO is the father?

Please explain!
Eccl,

I see that you are oneness, believing that Yeshua is the Father.
NO I AM NOT! I believe, and KNOW, that Jesus is a GOD! AND I believe, and KNOW, that God the Father is a GOD!

There are TWO and ONLY TWO in the Godhead!

I offer you the chance to explain the same following questions;

Rev.5
[1] And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev.5
[5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Now YOU say it is Jesus that is on the Throne holding the book, AND God's Holy Word says it is Jesus that takes and opens the book from the one sitting on the Throne.

Please explain!

Jesus, the Almighty God who will judge the living and the dead a His appearing and His kingdom:

John.5
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

WHO is the father?

Please explain!
Eccl,

Yahweh is the Father, and Yeshua is the Son, as the scriptures support. The scriptures does not support Yeshua being Yahweh. Scriptures does not support that there are two supreme God's, for that contradicts the Torah.
You STILL have yet to answer the following:

I offer you the chance to explain the same following questions;

Rev.5

Rev.5

Please explain!

John.5

WHO is the father?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service