1st Corinthians 12:27- 31; Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God has set some in the Church, first Apostles, secondarily Prophets, thirdly Teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I unto you a more excellent way.

now here in the Word we see plainly the offices and gifts in the Church. I would like to know why they aren't being fulfilled; I know these are just a few. Well shouldn't we be about these things instead of so much prosperity, and fame seeking. Folk are so-called speaking in unknown tongues: with none to interpret. Others are profit-lying and all the time divining for wealth and ill-gotten gain. Alot are called by these name's the BIBlE speaks of, But don't we know that the Kingdom comes with power and not with words?

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 Peter 2
Wow! 2 Peter: 2 Does sum it up. Although this post seems to have been posted a few years ago, how relevant. This is an awesome, and to the point chapter which Peter wrote to the churches. (And we know that God is an awesome God!) In the New testament we see that 'False' teachers are well spoken of. (Matthew 24;11-14).

Paul warned of these things; Religion, tradition, forms, and doctrine (outside of Christ) the things which were and, are 'killing' the church. (The Body Of Christ.) Things which work through deceitfulness, deception, and the fact that many have been duped, or deceived into believing a lie.

The fallen angels, the flood of Noah's time, as well as Sodom and Gomorrah should serve as an 'example' of how serious God takes the watering down, lies, thievery, corruption, and ungodliness of His Church!

We must continue to pray, and intercede for one another.

Gods Blessings, Agape Love, and Gods Peace be multiplied to you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Good point my Brother in Christ, I often think about the same thing, I was called and given the prophetic anoiniting but I haven't met to many Propphets or Prophetess who thinks like a do. First I am against Pastors and Spiritual leaders using and abusing God's word for their own personal gain. When I was given "The Free word Ministry" God forbid me to receive money for my services. I ask for donation only to help those who are starting Cells in their homes and to support other ministries, but I do not take money for myself. You can visit my website and read my book on tithe. God Bless!

Prophetess Roberts
Gods Word is Truth, Life, and Power, this is the only Word, Ministers, Prophets, or anyone in the Body of Christ should concern themselves with, especially at this hour. Prophecy is being revealed from the book of Revelation, which by the way is only '22' chapters in comparison to Genesis, the beginning, which is '50' chapters long.

Concerning the things of God; we are either taking people captive, or delivering the captive. God did not make It hard.
We know them by their fruits. "I would like to know why they aren't being fulfilled;"

Deliverers; don't entertain; doubt and unbelief.
Deliverers walk by faith and not by sight.
Deliverers strength comes from the Lord.
Deliverers, are about our Fathers business, and do not entangle themselves with the 'things' of this world.
Deliverers, are 'anointed' to deliver from bondage, not to bondage. There will be results, signs follow a believer.
Every ministers assignment is 'not' the same. As mentioned. Men and women may be 'anointed' but no one man or woman walks in 'anointing' 24/10. Different anointing, one God. Different members, one God. 1st Cor. 12:27-31.
One body, members individually, who make up the whole. One God. "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit"
1 Cor.12:4 ....dividing to every man (severally) as 'He' will. 1 Cor. 12:11,12. Ex. 36:1,2.
No one is above God! No prayer, no power! More prayer, more power, (anointing) There is only one God, and He often uses a humble heart, those open to receive. Just as the devil uses those who are open to receive, either ignorantly, or willingly. We must remember that satan has a counterfeit for every true gift of God.
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6 There are many examples throughout the Bible. Paul himself was called by the 'will' of God. 1 Cor. 2:1-4. God uses whom He will for His glory, not for man's. Too many are trying to take the 'Glory' for themselves, and prostitute the Word of God for filthy lucre. We pray for exposure, truth, deliverance, restoration, and healing in those areas. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4:5

Does what we do as Ministers in whatever capacity God chooses to work through our lives, Glorify God? Ministers of God, are human beings, and are not to be set up as Idols. It is God who works through His people to do His will in the earth. "Thy will be done." Gods Word is His will in every situation, and when we are speaking the will of God there should be 'no' isms, and schisms. God is the perfecter. On the other hand, concerning ministers and anyone else 'called,' "many are called, but few are chosen" because many won't heed the call, recognize, or operate in those gifts.

If we take a look at Acts, we see that the 'Holy' convicts, or agitates that which is not Holy. For example, the Pharisees were scornful of Jesus, who was more Holier than Jesus? The Pharisees loved their traditions, intellectualism, and pomp.Col.2:8
Spiritual discernment is needed, which comes by Holy Spirit. What is needed in the body of Christ is more power {anointing} and less form, pomp, and pageantry. It is all about God. Thy' Kingdom come, 'Thy' Will be done. "Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord." Zechariah 4:6. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever.
To God be the glory! As a matter of note: All scripture KJV.

Agape Love, Joy, And Peace
oh man I have so much to say on this topic...let me give a condensed version:

Not many people will address this issue Mr. West. Why, because it will expose some things that are happening in the church that shouldn't be happening.

Well, there is one thing I want to point out is that we forget that the "church" is NOT a building. It is as is stated in the very first words of the passage you mentioned "the body of Christ".

Now, the MAIN place we should see the "body of Christ" is NOT in the church building but instead, the MAIN place we should see Believers is....

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Am I saying, don't go to "church"? No, but as Believers our focus is wayyyyy too much on the building and the activiies within, than evangelism and the lifestyle without.

Go ye therefore... hmmmm Unfortunately, this is not where we see Believers the most. We spend more time congregating, finding ways to congregate better, finding ways to fill the building, finding ways to better entertain (wait, I mean capture the attention) those who congregate, etc. In other words, we are more apt to finding wayst to get people to the building than finding ways to get them OUT of it.

The world sees us as hypocrites because when we do evangelize whe are most often trying to get people to "come to our church" instead of coming to Christ. We want them to attend a program instead of praying for their salvation. Again, in and of itself, having programs and attending church is not negative... it's great! But having that as your main focus... well, that is a bit lopsided.

You don't see many miracles in the church because it is not meant to happen in the church. It is meant to happen on the streets, in the parking lots, at grocery stores, at bookstores, out in life. You see my friend, you only gave a portion of the scripture. The crust is in the previous verses:

I Cor 12:4 – 12
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

These are the things that the “body of Christ” by the Holy Spirit that is in EVERY Believer. You should see these gifts at work in their everyday lives.

But there is a problem….

In the beginning of the chapter, Paul talked about the “body of Christ”, in particular the “individual members”.

In the second half that you mention he talks about the ekklesia, the “public assembly” of those members… which the “church”.

Did you notice that what is happening with the individual members is also what should be happening in the “assembly”?

We bring church to church!

But, when we have people with self-appointed titles and lifestyles that are totally jacked up.. guess what they bring to the assembly??!!!!

You want to know why these things are not evident IN the church? Well the answer is the lifestyle OF the church.

There is little hunger and thirst for righteousness because the ones who are suppose to be righteous are those same hypocrites sitting in the church pews day in and day out. And the people in the world KNOW IT!!! We act like everything is ok. We cover up our mess instead of repenting. We cover up our leaders instead of holding them accountable for their actions. The same hypocrites who are standing before the congregation as leaders but living hellified lives!!! But they want you to honor them for their “offices”. WHITE WASHED TOMBS!

Jesus criticized people with this type of religious spirit all the time. His words to them were bitter and full of righteous indignation. But today, if you speak against such things they want to call you a “trouble-maker”.

Yep... this was my "condensed" version LOL
TITLES WITH NO POWER MEANS NO ANOITING,THIS IS RAMPANT IN THE BLACK CHURCH. INCREASE IN TITLES INCRESE IN BLACK ON BLACK CRIME,BREAKDOWN OF FAMILY, BASIC MANNERS AND RESPECT ETC.WE NEED THE POWER OF GOD IN CHRIST NOT TITLES,POWER EQUALS -ANOINTING- MEANS RESTORED BLACK PEOPLE

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service