REMEMBER [REVELATION 2: 11]HE THAT HATH AN EAR, LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHES; HE THAT OVERCOMETH SHALL NOT BE HURT OF THE SECOND DEATH.

THIS IS MAINLY ABOUT KEEPING THE DOORS OPEN TO THE CHURCH.

[[Luke 23: 39-43]]
{39.}And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
{40.}But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
{41.}And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
{42.}And he said unto Je'sus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
{43.}And Je'sus said unto him, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Saints, this is the True and Living Word of GOD.

Many people always wondered about the malefactor or to simplify it {criminal or evildoer} who Je'sus admitted in paradise with Him. But the truth is, this man did what was needed to pass the test and be rewarded, base on his repentant heart, recognizing and excepting Je'sus as his Lord and Saviour. In verse39 that other criminal did as he seen the people doing and what was in his heart also, scolding and mocking The Lord Je'sus along with the crowd and those who hanged all three of them on the cross. While in verse40 the malefactor or criminal on the other side reframed from such wicked acts and reproved him for what he had said, look in {Ephesians 5: 11}And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Which is what he had done at that moment.
Knowing and recognizing that he and the other malefactor{criminal} deserved all of what they had received in being hanged on the cross, he had repentance in his heart for his sins in verse41, {for he said, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:} Je'sus knew this man was sorry for those things that he hath done and knew in his heart, he had repented of his sinful deeds, by excepting his punishment that was administered on him. And recognizing that Je'sus was a innocent man that did no wrong, and did not deserve what was done to Him.
Now in verse42 when he said to Je'sus, Lord, he was aware and respected Je'sus as The Son of God by addressing Je'sus as Lord and by asking him to remember him when He come into His kingdom, he was also acknowledging Jesus as Lord and Saviour to ask Jesus such a question, given the circumstances they both where in.
With His grace and mercy that he have for all of us Je'sus did more than just remembered him, He admitted him into paradise with Him that day. All of you that are reading or hearing these words being read, just look at; {John 3: 16-For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should never perish, but have everlasting life.}
You see, that is what happened with that malefactor that was admitted into paradise with Je'sus, he believed on The Son of God, and in return he was saved.
But, one other thing, while hanging on the cross, after being beaten, spit on, totally exhausted after He carried His on cross before a man of Cy-re'ne, Si'mon by name, was compelled to bear His cross, with nails in His hands and both feet, a crown of thorns on His head, Jesus still had the doors open for that malefactor to come into The Body of Christ.
Let us do also the same thing, always, in all church services and bible studies. Please, keep the doors of the church open, no one ever authorized us to close them or reframe from opening them to the anyone. We never know when a lost soul maybe trying to get in from the heat.

I was moved to write this discussion, because there are many churches out there that will not do the invitation to discipleship on every Sunday. I believe as a minister of The Gospel myself that every opportunity that is presented to us, whether it's sunday services or bible studies that time should be taken at the end of the service to bring others into The Body of Christ.

What do you think??

Written by: Minister Lawrence Victor*
Tags: victor*, minister, lawrence

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Praise the Lord!! Rev. Luckett, that was suppose to be, invitation of discipleship, which is a part of the service that open up the doors of the church to all who choose to join. To me, one of the most important parts of the service. I was moved to write this discussion after seeing this happen in a service that I attended. Yes, you are right! If the doors of the church is not opened, what is the purpose of the service? Notice what I said at the end of my discussion. Thank you for your comment.
Yes, now that is a great program your church have going. I am trying to get a program started in our church to go out into homeless shelters soon. Your website is great.
Praise the Lord!! I really appreciate the prayers Rev. Luckett, and I know especially from being out on the streets with the ministry that it is a joy to see folks come in and give their life over to The Lord. Thank you and be blessed in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who I give all praise and glory to forever.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service