Does it seem to you that some books of the Bible are rarely or never preached in our churches? There are a handful of scriptures that preachers continually return to, while others are rarely, if ever, utilized in sermons.

Can you think of any Bible books or passages that you have never heard preached?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sis. Israel, we mean no disrespect to you personally. Our sarcastic humor is towards those whom we have been debating for some time concerning Christians following the teachings of Jesus and others following the teachings of the Torah.

There seems to be a misunderstanding when we, Christians, try to explain that Jesus came to fulfill the OT Laws and did so when He gave His life on the Cross. He did not come to abolish the Law; only to fulfill it.

As a matter of fact, a thread was just set up by Bro. Anthony Watson pertaining to this very topic: WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE LAW OF MOSES THAT IT NEEDED CHANGING?
sis. Harris,

Everywhere you go, there's a Torah over here, there's a Torah over there, here a Torah, there a Torah, everywhere a Torah, Torah
even in the front of your bible(((LOL)))
Bro. Pharoah,

Everywhere you go, there's a Torah over here, there's a Torah over there, here a Torah, there a Torah, everywhere a Torah, Torah
even in the front of your bible(((LOL)))

No argument there! LOL

But guess what, it doesn't end there! (((LOL)))
sista harris,
no even the last book of your bible refers you back to the torah
rev22 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
:
luv/NoMalice2TtheNcrease of Knowledge&Truth--Your bruthaPharoah
The last book of the Bible is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, not the Torah.

As a matter of fact, the Old Testament points to the Messiah (Jesus).

In the Old Testament, the New Testament was hidden; in the New Testament, the Old Testament was revealed.
The problem is that they are trying to drive their car through the view of the rear-view mirror. A car accident is eminent.....
True Dat Bro. Trevor!
yeah that was (((funny))) brutha trevor the car backward the rearview hahahaha!!!!!!
concider i in saying we should do all that the LORD commanded ,can afford to be wrong
can you???
to believe what you believe you have get in jesus face and say matt 5:18 ment nothing to me......
til all be forfilled ??? has all been forfilled???
Bro. Pharaoh,

Allow me to suggest "Rules For Writers" by Diana Hacker; it is a neat little handbook to help with the basics of sentence types, sentence patterns, grammar, punctuations, etc.
Hey, you and Trevor are rubbing off on me - what can I say???? LOL, LOL, LOL
Proverbs 14:8-10 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour. The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.

Isaiah 28:22-23 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth. Give ye ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.

Jeremiah 20:6-8 And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity: and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies. O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived; thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me. For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.

Matthew 20:18-20 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again. Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Matthew 27:40-42 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Mock Brother Pharoah all you want. He is in good company if you read these scriptures.
I was not mocking him. I was warning you of his ways. He brings confusion. I am not against him, I am against his doctrine. I wanted to let him know that his false doctrine would not go unchecked. Brother Pharoah is bring sound doctrine.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service