Can We Eat Pork, Shellfish, And All Torah Forbidden Foods Under The New Testament?

Anyone?

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whats to admit? The Son of Man brought it in by His death burial and resurrection. His holy Apostles had full authorization to establish it.

Have you ever heard of the Didache of the Apostles? James I know you heard and read t before. The Didache claims to have been authored by the twelve apostles. While this is unlikely, the work could be a direct result of the first Apostolic Council, c.50 C.E. (Acts 15:28). Similarities to the Apostolic Decree are apparent, and the given structure of the church is quite primitive. Also, the description of the Eucharist (bread and wine) carefully avoids mention of the "body and blood of Christ," obviously being regarded as one of the secret mysteries of eary Christianity. Most scholars agree that the work, in its earliest form, may have circulated as early as the 60's C.E. It states concerning the Sabbath and the LORD's Day:

"Now according to the Lord's day, gather together and break bread and give thanks, after acknowledging your wanderings to one another, so your sacrifice would be a clean one. But each one who has something against his friend, do not let him come together with you until they are reconciled, so that your sacrifice would not be made common. For this is what was declared by the Lord: " In every place and time, carry to me a clean sacrifice. Because I am a great king," says Yahweh, " and my name is a wondrous thing among the nations.""

Its is an interesting piece of work, not disregarded by the Church at all, yet not canonized either.
Trevor,

Interestingly, they use the name "Yahweh." That name was given to God in our day and time. The Masoretic text does not have that variation of God's name. So, just from that, I know that that quote is no where near as authenic as some may think. But even if some of it is, Torah is still spoken in there. The quote says that if you have something against your friend, then reconcile with him. Lev 19:16-18 teaches this.. to not hold a grudge against your fellow man, but love him as you would yourself.
Trevor,

The ultimate fulfillment of the Shabbat has not come yet. That is in the eternal kingdom. The ultimate Shabbat is our eternal rest from the toils and worries of this life, and into the blessed kingdom of Yah. So again, Shabbat has nothing to do with "first fruits." Look in the Torah, and you will see.
How is "SUN-DAY" the "Lord's Day" when the "Lord" said absolutely nothing and gave no actual command to have a day for himself?

When did the messiah Yeshua tell you to give him a day? When did he say (and he did have the opportunity to say it) set this day apart as a memorial to my ressurrection? Was it before or after he said "shalom"?

With all due respect, what you have listed are reasons why Christianity has taken it upon itself to create a holy day in the honor of someone who didn't tell them to or give them any authority to do. Not only this but you say sunday is the beginning of the work week. It's funny how everything is made to be so much easier in Christianity. The sabbath was a set apart day. It was holy. Sunday is not holy. If it was set apart it would not be as you said "the beginning of the work week". The sabbath is a day of rest, not work. Yeshua kept the sabbath even in death by resting on it. Sunday worship is a Cain's offering. It's something that no one with any authority ever asked for or required. And it is used to serve as a counterfeit to YHWH's shabbat.

I agree with you on one thing though. The sabbath was given to Yisra'el ONLY. You are correct. No other nation was given the sabbath as a day of worship. Absolutely correct. I couldn't agree more. You have spoken the truth and to that I say amen. There's just one little tiny thing.... a "catch" if you will....

BOTH COVENANTS (old and new) WERE GIVEN TO ISRAEL ONLY TOO.

Jeremiah 31:33 - But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith YHWH, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their G-d, and they shall be my people.

Gentiles are only included in the new covenant prophesied by Jeremiah by being GRAFTED INTO Yisra'el. (Romans 11). And when you are grafted in you can't say well this is for natural or homeborn Israelites and not for proselytes or what they called "strangers" or "sojourners" because the law specifically addressed these people.

Exodus 12:49 - One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Numbers 15:16 - One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

shalom
I agree with this post, Brother Zealot is right.
Anthony,

I'm not sure I understand your argument as it pertains to Israel actually being there. The sabbath is a memorial of Creation. No human was there during it, nor could any human have survived during it. That's why humans were created on the last day. But a memorial is just a rememberance of something. Every year Christians remember something they weren't there for and they don't even know when it was. By most scholarly estimates it (Christmas) is not even memorialized in the correct season. That doesn't stop Christians from celebrating this pagan holy day in fond memory of the messiah (And I'm sure he's just soooo tickled that he gets to share a birthday with pagan sun gods).

And by the same token, Yeshua was born once, not every year from then on. So the argument in your first paragraph should perhaps be rethought with consideration of the holy days that Christians do choose to celebrate.

Deuteronomy 5:15 is not saying that salvation from Egypt is the event that the sabbath memorializes. It is simply motivation for keeping it. It would be like me telling you that I want you to remember my birthday (buy me a birthday present). But then I give you an extra push by saying "remember how I bought you that nice tie for your birthday?" It's another reason to keep it. And also, those that are grafted into Yisra'el also share in its celebrations because they share in its collective history. That's the whole point of being grafted in. It's so that YHWH has ONE people. It is exactly the same way as how America is a melting pot and corporation of peoples from many nations and all have national holi-days. The sabbath is a national holy day. Deuteronomy 5:15 doesn't change it. It simply backs it up and reiterates it.

shalom
Acts 15:23-29 "And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The Apostles and Elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: it seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

Hebrews 8:7-13 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

Clearly it shows that:

-The Apostles did have authority to be apart of the development and distribution of the New Covenant
-The New Covenant did have fault within it that GOD Himself found, and declared through Prophet Jeremiah.
Trevor,

Reasonbly speaking, the new covenant has no fault. Scripture says that Yah found fault with "them." Who is them? It's Israel! The Apostles had no authority to add or take away what Yah decreed for the new covenant spoken through Jeremiah. We should reject anything that reveals itself as taking away or adding to the words of Yah.

Concerning your highlighted scriptures. Let me start with the first one. To understand Acts 15, start at the beginning.. verses 1-2, and then you will see why James said,"Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment." Honestly, you will find the answer there.

Concerning the second highlighted scriptures, naming the 4 laws that they would keep. These laws are only "entrance" laws, which is why James said in verse 21,"For from ancient generations Moses has had in every city those who proclaim him, for he is read every Sabbath in the synagogues." Basically, every Sabbath, they would learn the Torah. It would not seem right to simply dump all the Torah on them, hence overwhelming them. James used great wisdom there.

The third highlighted scripture says that the first covenant had fault, and then it said it found fault with them. Tell me, what in the covenant was faulty? I assure you that you will not be able to find it. The fault was the people! For they confessed in Exodus 24 that they will do and obey the Torah, then their actions proved otherwise by worshiping other gods. So, it was not the covenant that was faulty, but the people.

The final highlighted scripture says that the old covenant is "ready" to vanish away, but it has not. Now, watch this insight... In the old covenant... much of Yah's people was not obeying Torah, but in the new covenant, it says that ALL shall know Yah, and Torah would be written on our hearts. ALL will keep Torah, and ALL will be obedient.
You just twisted the words of Hebrews 8. Jeremiah never said that they found fault in Israel, but found fault in the Covenant made with Israel:

Jeremiah 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

This CLEARLY speaks of the covenant that the people were to adhere to. It was the next few verses that spoke of a new covenant given. THIS is clearly why the Hebrews writer said:

Hebrews 8:7-8 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:"

The first covenant was with fault, as clearly stated.
Trevor,

Show me how the covenant itself was faulty versus how the Israelites were faulty?
That is all a bunch of nonsense. What happened to the simplicity of the Lord? They just shut their ears and eyes Brother James.
I don't think Trevor understands yet that a covenant is a contract, not a set of laws. The contract itself, the agreement between 2 parties, is what had fault because the Israelites had breached the contract. This is why I said before that YHWH did not say anything about a new law. He simply said that he would write his law in their inward parts. The law wasn't the problem. It was the people.

shalom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service