Can We Eat Pork, Shellfish, And All Torah Forbidden Foods Under The New Testament?

Anyone?

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trevor,

Even Levite Priests had locks
Since when were you Levitical?
Trevor,

I never said I was. I just thought I would tell you my brother.
Oh ok....

So, what about my post? Care to answer it now? Its the last comment on this entire post....
Trevor,

I already answered it concerning Noah.
Watson / Green:

You know, Adam and Eve thought the same thing, that God wouldn't judge them for eating from HIS tree!

What most people don't consider is that the first sin was VIOLATING A DIETARY LAW!!

So don't think YHWH won't judge you for eating what He forbid you to eat. I posted this before, Isaiah the prophet tell you swine eaters your fate:

They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. Isaiah. 66:17

Why would YHWH judge Adam and Eve for eating the forbidden fruit, but not judge you for the same type of sin??

He is not a respector of persons...
To Adam and Eve He said:

Gen.2
[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, ***thou shalt not eat*** of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

To his covenant people He said:

Lev. 11:7
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. 8 Of their flesh ***shall ye not eat***, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

The words YHWH spoke in each command were almost the same....
~~~~~~~~

What is it about "thou shalt not eat" do you not understand???
brutha trevor before we get into a long drawn out thing about this Swine,Please address this ,and tell is this a warning and wether or not we should we throw it out

Isaiah66 15For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
17They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
18For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
the statement that "those dietery laws was for Israel only." is a major statement. We are not prohibited from eating these things, but what God purposed for his chosen people is of good wisdom, as tithing, and other issues that were of the law. We are not held captive by it, but a good meal is good for the body, you want a good budget for your finances use the one God gave, 10% to him first, storing up treasures in heaven. Must we do these things NO, would it be a wise thing to do, nothing of God can be considered unwise?
Evan,

Israel was a mixed multitude coming out of Egypt. So, the dietary teachings were not just for Hebrews, but for ALL who came with them, and join themselves with Israel(See Exodus 12:49)
Exodus 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

sojourn means a temporary stay

James, they were slaves, and they all did not join with Israel? they joined with freedom, that is why they complained and murmurred so in the wilderness. The law as the scripture states was given to Israel primarily.

As a child visiting a friends home, he ate what was served in that home, once home he ate what was served there
Evan,

Whether it means temporary stay or not, and whether or not all stayed.. Thats not the point of scripture. They were commanded to keep the same Torah as the Hebrew. If you are in the new covenant, then according to Yahuah Himself, you are to keep the decrees of this covenant, which includes the Torah.
The word "sojourn" (Strong's H1481) has several meanings:

AV — sojourn 58, dwell 12, afraid 6, stranger 6, gather together 4, fear 3, abide 2, assemble 1, stand in awe 1, gathered 1, inhabitant 1, remain 1, sojourners 1, surely 1

As an example we have a permanent residence of the stanger here:

ev 19:34 [But] the stranger that dwelleth (H1481) with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God.

The stranger (if male) was circumcised and both male and female, had to keep all of the laws that the homeborn Israelite kept. Even the dietary laws, including the injunction not to eat blood, to eat Kosher.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service