Can We Eat Pork, Shellfish, And All Torah Forbidden Foods Under The New Testament?

Anyone?

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so do we throw isaiah 66:17-18 out
Pharoah,

Post it Achi
i did it's 4 post up
What is your understanding of Mark 7, Pharoah?

And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Although I do find it interesting that if you tell many Christians that the Lord does not want His people eating certain foods (like Pork) they say they are under grace so we can eat pork and then they go to a doctor indeed is very intelligent regarding the things of physical body - instructs not to eat Pork they are obedient to the doctor. That I find interesting.

I wondered if what Jesus is talking about is not so much what types of food but about what the Pharisees were into as it relates to not defiling their food so they washed a certain way and did not touch Gentiles. Things like that.
Newview,

Actually, its not about what you eat, but about your inner man. Of course, Yahushua cares about His father's Torah, and the fact that Lev 11 states the foods we are to eat, and are not to eat.

Honestly, to go deeper in scripture, unclean lust coming from your heart CAN include the eating of Torah forbidden foods. Yahushua would never permit the eating of the foods that His father says not to eat.

We must walk as Yahushua walked, which was in His father's Torah. Agree?
Well then, what happened to a response to my comment, especially the part of where GOD spoke to Noah?
Newview:

Here is something that might be of interest to you:

"Purifying All Foods?"

Mark 7:14-23 (and its parallel account in Matthew 15:1-20) is another set of scriptures that some believe state that nothing entering into a man can defile him, therefore eating whatever one wishes is perfectly all right. Can this be correct?

Yet again, those who believe this fail to understand the subject of the chapter, which is Jesus' denunciation of the Pharisees for their rejection of God's commandments in favor of their own traditions (verse 8). Verse 2 introduces the context: "Now when [the Pharisees] saw some of His disciples eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault." The dispute was over ceremonial cleanliness—eating without first washing one's hands—which is not even an Old Testament law but a "tradition of the elders" (verse 5), which the Pharisees had themselves proclaimed authoritative.

In addition, beyond this fact, note that the kind of food the apostles were eating is "bread," not meat. Jesus' later comments speak generally of "foods" and "whatever enters the mouth," not specifically meat. Mark 7 is not about clean and unclean meats at all!

Verse 19 contains the phrase "thus purifying all foods," and many have jumped to the conclusion that Jesus declared all foods clean (as many marginal references state). The context, again—the very sentence in which it appears—proves this false: "Do you [disciples] not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, thus purifying all foods?"

First, "thus" is not in the Greek text but has been supplied by the translators. Without it, the sentence plainly states that the stomach "purifies" any kind of food put in it, not that Jesus had somehow declared all foods to be purified. Second, purified is the Greek word katharízoon, which means "to cleanse," "to purify," "to free from filth." In relation to the stomach's or the digestive tract's ability to "purify" food, the sense of katharízoon in this verse is "to purge of waste." This is brought out clearly in the parallel statement in Matthew 15:17: "Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?"

Do these scriptures do away with the law concerning clean and unclean meats? Not at all!
Great post Brother Pharoah, and if you have knowledge, this is end time stuff that Brother Phoraoh brought to the table
The mandate against eating the unclean applied equally to those of Israel and to the 'strangers/gentiles" who were with Israel. Anyone who calls themself on of the "sons of God/YHWH, is required to keep the same commandments/covenant....

Lev. 18:26
Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit [any] of these abominations; [neither] any of your own nation, ***
nor any stranger*** that sojourneth among you:

Eating pork makes you abominable:

Lev.11
[43] Ye shall not make yourselves ***abominable*** with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
Oh I've been here Chaplain, I just dance from subject to subject. I can't stay a=in the same nonsense all the time because (as you once said) it seems to be the same rivals over and over again.
Trevor,

What did God say to Noah?
Check the last post of this blog and see....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service