Can We Eat Pork, Shellfish, And All Torah Forbidden Foods Under The New Testament?

Anyone?

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I asked were you circumcised?
Since when did physical circumcision do anything for ones salvation?
Yes I am, physically and spiritually. I am glad you are physically. Now you need to start to keep the Moral law. Why do you think that the doctor offers circumcison? It is no coincidence. It is the work of God. He said any man who is not circumcised will be cut off from among his people, be it Jew or Gentile.
Yea, you aint saved......
@Trevor.

I know I am not saved. I won't be saved unless I die keeping the commandments or the Lord comes, and I get my change before death.

No matter what, I have to be keeping those commandments if I want anything.
The Lord said that you are to be circumcised. So, Now Jesus, nailed the Animal Sacrifice, the dietary law, the cleanliness laws, The Feasts of the Lord, and the circumcision law, all to the cross. How is there any room on the cross for him with all those laws he got rid of. So, he is saying that his creation is too out of control for him to control, Wow.
He said according to the blessing of the Lord.
Genesis 9:3-4 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat."

Acts 15:23-29 "And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The Apostles and Elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: it seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

Romans 14:1-6 "Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks."

Romans 14:14 "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

1 Corinthians 8:8 "But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse."

Hebrews 8:7-13 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

I GAVE NO COMMENTARY LIKE ALL YOU OTHERS, ONLY SCRIPTURE VERSES!! TO REFUTE IT IS TO SAY THAT THE APOSTLE THAT WROTE IT AND THE APOSTLES THAT AGREED ARE IN ERROR!! STEP LIGHTLY!!
Trevor,

To say that scripture needs no interpretation is just as foolish as foolish can get. I have a question for you concerning Romans 14. If each day is alike, and the Sabbath is a set apart day.. NOT like any other day, then how can Romans 14 be referring to the Sabbath?
Please don't place words within my mouth. You're good for that! I said "I GAVE NO COMMENTARY, UNLIKE YOU ALL, ONLY SCRIPTURE VERSES!!" I said that because you have made it your business to LIE and say that I twisted scripture when I never even gave a commentary on the verses I posted. Therefore I leave it all up to you.

Let us establish this right here and now not only for you, but for everyone on both sides: NOT QUESTION OF YOURS OR ANYONE ELSE'S will be answered unless you take the time to answer a post in full. Otherwise, you're dodging the truth of the matter.

With that said:

-You said that there are only certain meats that are to be eaten, but GOD told Noah that all meat was good to eat. Care to comment?
-you said earlier that there is no place in scripture that circumcision was ended, yet I placed for all to see that the Apostles stated so in Acts that it wasn't required. Care to comment on that?

Once those two are addressed, THEN I will answer anything you have to say...ANYTHING AT ALL IN FULL!
I'm STILL waiting to see a response to all of my comments.....

It seems that I may never get the full response. A shame.....
Did the disputes over meat alluded to in Romans 14 and 1 Corinthians 8 have to do with the dietary laws of Judaism or the resistance to the practice of buying leftover meat from the shambles? Paul's full discussion with the Corinthians would lead us to believe it is the latter... that folks in the church were offended that others bought and consumed meat left over from idolatrous animal sacrifices.

I don't think the Romans and 1 Corinthians passages speak to our discussion here. However, your correlation of the "Noahic law" regarding food (a law given to all mankind, only superseded for the Jewish people by the Mosaic law given expressly to them) and the decision at the Council at Jerusalem that the Jerusalem Church would only hold Gentile converts accountable to that Noahic law, is extremely compelling. It seems clear that Genesis 9:3 is what Paul is making reference to in his letter to Timothy when he says "every creature of God" was "sanctified by the word of God." Giving credit to YahWeh, who posted it first in this thread, Paul's warning about teachers commanding us "to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving" is the answer to the Messianics, the Judaizers, and all the other legalists trying to tie us to Mosaic law.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service