Commandment of food laws. Should we eat all things, or should we eat only what Yah commands?

Anyone?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trevor,

The OT was written in Paleo-Hebrew, which was different than Masoretic Hebrew, which came over 1800 years after. The Greek was its first translation, then the Aramaic came, which may have been translated from the Greek Septuagint. Pas is used here in the Greek Septuagint, and it means as I told you. Yah did not give us poison foods to eat.. did he? Did He give us poison herbs to eat? He wants us to take care of our bodies, and not destroy it. So, He could not have given all meat and all herbs to us for "food."

Consumption does not always mean food. One could use animal hide to cover a boat, or blue past from a middle eastern snail to make the tassels. We could use herbs as incense, etc, etc. So Yah was not telling us to eat all things here, and then change His mind and say do not eat certain things. Let us be honest here. When I said "fuel", I meant, the use of all creeping things and herbs other than for food.
Acts 15:22-29

"Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren: and they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: it seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 'Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."
Trevor,

Well the whole council debate was not on whether or not the Torah is to be kept, rather, it was about whether or not we keep Torah for salvation. Morever, it was really about oral traditions of the Rabbis. Notice that not eating meat sacrificed to idols, not eating blood, not fornicating, and not eating strangled things, are all parts of the Torah.

In essence, they are keep some of the Torah commands, but these commands are initiation commands that will get Gentile believers accepted and trusted in the Hebrew messianic community. Eventually, as verse 21 states, they will learn the Torah every Sabbath.
You just added to the indication James. You added an idea that Apostle James never gave. Your personal doctrine says that one must get circumcised and they are clearly said that they gave no such command. You doctrine also states dietary laws, and none was provide here either. In GOD's law, there is no "gradually", there is "do or don't do".
Trevor,

I gave you the historical background. You should research it if you're interested. Its very revealing. The council was never about whether or not we should obey Yahuah's Torah, rather, it was to settle the fact that salvation is not through the Torah, and also, to settle the fact or Jew-Gentile relations, and the death of rabbinic tradition in that situation.
Romans 14

"Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. Let not then your good be evil spoken of: for the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."
Trevor,

There are 2 groups of people. One who eats vegetables, and one who eats both. One regards one day over the other, and the other regards each day the same. One regarding a day above the other belongs to one group.. the group that eats vegetables. One regarding all days alike belongs to the group that eats meat and veggies.

It would not make sense to regard the Sabbath as a common day, because it is not. Yahuah spoke, and said that the 7th day is a set apart day.. NOT like any other day, and not the same.
You still didn't regard the rest of the Chapter.
Trevor,

I addressed the main premise that interprets the rest. Verses 1-5 has nothing to do with the day Yahuah has set apart.
Bro. Trevor,

Are you saying by Romans 14 that although God established the Dietary Laws, we cannot judge those who do not follow these laws because of the weakness of their flesh; because of what they believe to be truth and because they still love and honor God from their heart.
Galatians 2:15-19

"We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God."
Trevor,

No one is saved by the Torah, yet one cannot live set apart without it. Yah condemns them who does not keep the Torah, because one must obey along with their salvation.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service