Here is a simple question.....Did Paul keep God's Laws?

We know of at least one he kept;

Rom.7
[7] What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

So when Paul read the law and found that to "covet" was a sin, do you think he continued?

But what of the others laws? Do you think Paul kept only the one law, or were there others that he kept?

What about when Paul read the rest of God's laws? When he read that it is a sin to lie, did he stop liying?

When Paul read it was a sin to steel, murder, worship idols, and the others do you think Paul did his best NOT to do those things?

Simple question.....Did Paul keep God's laws?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No body ignores the other books. You ignore verses like Sin is the transgression of the law, and if you keep not his commandments, and say you know him, you are a liar, and the truth is not in you. Verses like the scriptures are of no private interpretation.
You ignore verses like Sin is the transgression of the law, and if you keep not his commandments, and say you know him, you are a liar, and the truth is not in you.

Hezekiah, I have had enough of your name calling and false accusations. You have called me a liar one time too many. I will no longer communicate with you - Period.
I did not call you a liar. The scriptures did. 1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
If he kept the commandments of God, and it was long after Jesus' death, why would he tell everyone that they did not have to keep the commandments if he tried to keep them himself? Would that not be hypocritical?
When quoting Paul in Romans, why is it that Paul's words in the other chapters are always bypassed? In fact, why is that done also for the books of Galatians, Colossians, and Philippians as well?
If Paul kept God's laws, he did it for a reason! Now why would he turn around and tell others it was ok for them NOT to keep God's laws?
How about answering my question before shooting off a bunch of words with no relevance? It would actually help the flow of discussion.
That is a valid question, Brother Trevor. Do you agree that Paul kept the Laws of God?
Sure HE did. You think I have a problem with the Laws of GOD. Thats foolish to think....stupid in fact! I never gave such an indication whatsoever. I said from the beginning (months ago) that we are under a new covenant, and a new covenant comes along with a new set of rules, not old ones.

For example: GOD spoke to Noah and said that they could eat anything they wanted on the face of the Earth, so long as 1) it wasn't a human, and 2) they didn't eat the blood. Then on Mt Sinai, GOD made a new covenant with Moses for Israel, and in that specific covenant, HE told them that there was only specific food for them to eat. The two covenants have two separate set of laws governing them.

Is this a forgotten fact, or an ignored fact? If forgotten, then ok; if ignored, then shame on you.
For example: GOD spoke to Noah and said that they could eat anything they wanted on the face of the Earth, so long as 1) it wasn't a human, and 2) they didn't eat the blood. Then on Mt Sinai, GOD made a new covenant with Moses for Israel, and in that specific covenant, HE told them that there was only specific food for them to eat. The two covenants have two separate set of laws governing them.

This is what is called "rightly dividing the word of truth."
What are you talking about Trevor? The 2 covenants are this. The Old covenant was under the blood of bulls and goats. They agreed to keep God's commandments, and sacrificed animals for sin. They broke that covenant because they did not stop sinning, and the blood of bulls and goats could not take away sin. So the Lord made a 2nd covenant, and that would be under the blood of Jesus. You still had to agree to keep the commandments in order to be apart of the new covenant. This is where the lies come in because nobody wants to keep the commandments or be blamed if they break the covenant. What better way to take away blame, than to get rid of the blame altogether. No commandments, no blame, and everybody can be happy, and do what they want to. If you read my thread, Satan, The God of the Freedom of the Flesh, I put the scriptures that talk about this freedom from the commandments, which is a lie from Satan.
Two covenants? You think that the Bible only contains two covenants??? There are a number of covenants made within the Bible!!

- GOD with Noah (first covenant)
- GOD with Abraham
- GOD with Isaac & Jacob (renewing the covenant with Abraham)
- GOD with Moses for Israel
- GOD with David for his generations
- GOD with Solomon for the dedication of the Temple
- GOD with Hezekiah (restoring Israel)
- GOD with JESUS on behalf of all creation (Son of Eve keeping the promise)

If you were to investigate, I'm sure that you would find even more! Each covenant had its own set of rules that governed them, binding both parties.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service