What do you guys think about it? Does Jesus mind?

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes my sister in Christ, I concur. There are times I just get a bit cared away in my answers. Please hold it to my head and not to my heart. Please have a Blessed day in the lord.
..."Let's not Twist my words. I said if God and God ALONE Get's ALL the Honor,Praise, and Glory. The word or phase shareing or too share is no where around..."

I'm sorry if it seemed that I was trying to twist your words Pastor.
What I meant was - on God's altar - putting a wordly government's flag there - then God ALONE wont be getting ALL the Honor, Praise and Glory.

I ask what would it look like to see a Peachtree Lincoln Ford Flag on God's altar?
It would seem that it would be offensive to the Lord because He would not want to share His glory with anything or anyone. And I am sure it would be offensive to some in the assembly - not all - but some.

And yet for some reason having a worldly governments' flag sitting on His altar might not be offensive to alot more.
Wouldnt it be more important to separate the Holy from the profane.
I'm not saying the the Red White and Blue is evil nor the Peachtree Lincoln Ford flag is evil - but what do either of them have doing in a place designated for that which is holy and designated unto the Lord or things that are the Lord's?
That's my question.
We are not under the law[tradtions of man], we are under Grace. example a liqour store next to the church. A woman comes to church with too to short a dress on. Young people come to church with the smell of alcohol. Would God be offended ?. God cannot be put in a box, My baptist sister put it like this, The church is a hospital for sickfolks. Did God kill David and his men when they ate the Show bread.People do all sorts of things which should not be done in and of the church. smoke in church,look for a husband or wife in the church. Go to church because you are the payroll . The point is as long as God is first and foremost. as long as God and God alone gets the first fruits.
"...We are not under the law[tradtions of man], we are under Grace. example a liqour store next to the church. A woman comes to church with too to short a dress on. Young people come to church with the smell of alcohol. Would God be offended ?. God cannot be put in a box, My baptist sister put it like this, The church is a hospital for sickfolks. Did God kill David and his men when they ate the Show bread.People do all sorts of things which should not be done in and of the church. smoke in church,look for a husband or wife in the church. Go to church because you are the payroll . The point is as long as God is first and foremost. as long as God and God alone gets the first fruits..."

Dear Pastor,

What does keeping flags off of God's holy altar have to do with law and grace?
How would building a church NEXT to a liquor store be problematic?...surely the elders would not allow a Chivas Regal flag/logo share the pulpit.
Why would God be offended with a person coming to church smelling like alcohol to get the Word be problematic?...surely pastor would not let a drunk deacon stand up in the pulpit and lead prayer.
And indeed, lets not put God in a box - but lets keep His altar for things that pertain to holiness?

You said: "The point is as long as God is first and foremost. as long as God and God alone gets the first fruits"

Therein lies the rub, sharing the altar with that which is not holy would not be keeping God first nor alone thus He would not be getting the first fruits.
What does a flag on the alter have to do with giving GOD His glory??
Nothing at all, if that's the case, ones would have to take down the church sign as well.
Very true, because if you want to go back to original Biblical standards, the Church was not separate, but took over the city itself!
Let me say this:

I came up in a Church that was Mission-Minded, unlike many other Christians (unfortunately). The flags that we had hanging in our Church were flags of nations that our Missions teams visited/were visiting, or where we had a Church. They reminded us to get up off our lazy tails and go for the mission. We were taught that "Missions was the heartbeat of GOD".

To get picky about a flag in the sanctuary is absolutely FOOLISH, because they should be there to remind people to do exactly what a majority of saints DON'T do: get up, go and witness, being a light to the nations for the glory of GOD. You really want GOD to get the glory? Place the flags all in your church not as decorations, but as goals and reminders for your Mission.
Amen
Amen!
"I came up in a Church that was Mission-Minded, unlike many other Christians (unfortunately). The flags that we had hanging in our Church were flags of nations that our Missions teams visited/were visiting, or where we had a Church. They reminded us to get up off our lazy tails and go for the mission. We were taught that "Missions was the heartbeat of GOD".

I just agreed with Sister Elaine about this. I could see this.

To get picky about a flag in the sanctuary is absolutely FOOLISH, because they should be there to remind people to do exactly what a majority of saints DON'T do: get up, go and witness, being a light to the nations for the glory of GOD. You really want GOD to get the glory? Place the flags all in your church not as decorations, but as goals and reminders for your Mission.

I have to smile about this because I have fellowshipped with saints that are VERY missions minded AND would not dare have the flag on the pulpit. They are not foolish as you say.
I've seen a variety of flags erected to the nations at conventions. I always thought the purpose intended was to show a prayer outreach to the nations.

I've also seen the American flag hoisted on various pulpits. On the one hand, I thought it honorable towards our soldiers during 'wartime,' which is now, but on the other hand, I've seen those right-wing derelicts lift up the U.S. flag as if it is synonmous with God.

It always amazes me that those railing 'Christian America' and simultaneously hurling the 'flag' as a symbol of a Christ-like nation forget that this nation spoke Christian values but behaved liked demons, as a rule.

It was only the righteous 'few' who would rise up and make the Constitution work for blacks, people of color, women, and the oppressed masses who fought for 'unions.'

These are the honorable ones' who as you stated, ' having the mind of Christ' do not see the need to flaunt it as for one thing, we forever remain warriors against the bigots and hypocrites who do lift up the flag. Not only that, because of their 'wicked' stance, they, in reality, defile it's true meaning.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service