This thread is designed to show that the doctrine of Hezekiah and others that YHWH and Yeshua (The Messiah) are the same person is false. Hezekiah has consistently railed against me for not believing what he believes (even though he is in the minority of Israelites) but he has a tendency to cry foul every time I invite him to debate it out fairly. I have even advised him that he can take some time to study first before beginning the debate. I believed I was being fair. He attacked me further and then ignored my posts. Now he is accusing me again and posting texts at me. So I would like for Hezekiah and any one else who agree with this false doctrine to step up and have a reasonable and rational debate. No argumentum ad hominem. No immature games. Just text and commentary.

And for Hezekiah.... I know you detest commentary but without supplying it I have to GUESS what your interpretation is. Stop assuming that what you read can only say one thing; what YOU think it says. Explain why you believe it says what you believe it says.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When that statement was made in Genesis, the truth of the matter was that GOD already made us as GOD's, knowing good and evil. The good was to obey YHWH's words, and the evil was to go against Him.

The primitive and idolatrous mind considers this a statement for worship, when this alludes to the Kingdom of GOD's government.
Trevor.... lol.... define "gods" for me. I'd really like to know what manner of dictionary you are using.

shalom
Genesis 3:5 - For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

I thought I would also point out that "as" gods doesn't equal gods. In English as means to the same degree
Oops.... Trevor never got back to me on his definition of "gods"

Genesis 3
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which YHWH G-d had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath G-d said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, G-d hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For G-d doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Question: If they were gods already why did Eve want to be "as gods"? (like gods) Where did YHWH tell them they were gods?

Again, what is a god?
Do we share in an inheritance?

Yes.

But what do we inherit?

If you are a king and you have a son, your son inherits the title of king, when? WHEN YOU DIE! But until then the prince has everything his father gives him to have. Apply this now to the NT. What do we inherit?

Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Matthew 25:34 - Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of G-d? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

what we inherit does not make us gods.

And there is no way that Yeshua could have a applied anything that says "ye are gods" in a way that would make himself god and not everyone who are children of G-d (if that is what it says). So even if that were true there would be no reason to believe the trinity because "everyone can be gods" is not what the trinity says.

shalom
The statement of "Ye are gods" has nothing to do with the Trinity.
A retarded monkey with tourretts could have told you that..... if he could talk.
E,

That's a hoax, and not true at all. Nephilim, from a Hebraic understanding, were not actually 20 feet tall people, rather, they were simply very powerful warriors.
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

This is Elohim, now let's see the similitude.

Mark 15:31 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Jesus in the Flesh, when Word was made flesh.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Jesus when he became god after he was resurrected. Jesus has always been the Godhead we have dealt with. Why this is important is because we are to experience the Father's Kingdom with Jesus if we keep his commandments in this life. Jesus has never experienced the Father's Kingdom. This will be a first time experience for all involved. Right now the focus is Jesus' kingdom.
JESUS CHRIST is GOD in the flesh...and may His name be blessed forever.
newview,

The correct, scriptural understanding would be that Yeshua is Yah "manifested" in the flesh. Yah Himself did not morphe into flesh, and steped from His throne and became flesh. Yah sent His word.. His very expression, and that is what became flesh.
Exactly....

And whatever happened to this?

Exodus 33:20
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

What is it about YAH that human beings cannot stand to look upon his face? And can he simply get around this by "morphing" into a human? Is YHWH Medusa now? Why didn't YHWH just turn into a man on Sinai and walk down the mountain to the people carrying the commandments?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service