There has arisen an issue concerning the details of the New Covenant that our LORD and Savior YESHUA/JESUS has won for us by HIS blood and grace. Therefore, we are opening this discussion and starting it off for the edifying of the saints and the settling of the matter:

The subjects for this debate are along two lines:

-Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8: Do we still stand on the Torah?
-the Seal of the New Covenant: Is it still Sabbaths, Feasts, and Circumcision, or do we have a New Seal?

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are going right there James

Your answer is YES

#3 and final, In this Prophesied Messianic Age is the Torah subject to change, Yes or No and then explain to me why or why not
Trevor,

Its true that Jeremiah was not the first Prophet to "make mention" of the new covenant, but what you cannot deny is that Jeremiah was the FIRST prophet to lay out the New covenant in detail and its decrees. Yehwah says He will make the covenant with Israel & Judah. do you agree???
The pure fact is this: The New covenant is the abolishing and replacement of the old covenant. All that was placed in the old covenant are now null and void, not just part. You keep circumcision and Sabbaths, and cast out Levitical law? Thats impossible! If you break one you break all! You cannot keep what you want and cast out the rest.

Being from a sect of false Jews, you have to come to grips with the fact that the new covenant is in and the old covenant is out. You are only allowed in by grace, not by being Jewish.
Trevor,

The pure fact is this: The New covenant is the abolishing and replacement of the old covenant. All that was placed in the old covenant are now null and void, not just part. Trevor, if this was actually true... that the new covenant abolishes the Old covenant, then why is Torah decreed in the new covenant? Who will the new covenant be made with? You keep circumcision and Sabbaths, and cast out Levitical law? Thats impossible! If you break one you break all! You cannot keep what you want and cast out the rest. There's no temple now, so how can one carry out temple duties. A question for you....... The ark of the covenant disappeared from the pages of biblical history way before the time of Yeshuah. There was a temple built in Herod's time. Its possible that the ark was not even in place there. Would that stop the Priest with carrying out their duties? Torah is to be forever, dude... no matter what.

Being from a sect of false Jews, you have to come to grips with the fact that the new covenant is in and the old covenant is out. You are only allowed in by grace, not by being Jewish. If the new covenant is in, then when did national israel agree to terms with Yehwah on the new covenant? When did Israel & Judah get together and agree to carry out the new covenant under Messiah? Most of Israel rejects Yeshuah, sooooo, when did Israel & Judah get together to agree with the new covenant under Yeshuah?????
You constantly attack my words, but the Evangelist asked you a question that you havn't taken time to look at.

Oh yea, and stop asking me the same ol questions when I keep giving you the same old answers! If your doctrine is true, it can be proven throught out the entire Bible! I have done that time after time.....you haven't. In fact, you refused. You accused me of "running to the apostles" or "hiding behind the epistles". I'll GLADLY hide behind the Rock that is higher than I, the Rock of truth, the Rock named JESUS
Trevor,

Who did Yehwah our FATHER said the new covenant was made with?
I'm not going to answer the SAME STUPID QUESTIONS OVER AGAIN so that you can feel like you're winning! Grow up already child and read my past answers for yourself!!

Bring something DIFFERENT to the table for once!
Trevor,

Its not about winning. You have NEVER gave the answer to this question. You have never confessed that Yehwah will make it with Israel & Judah. You only ranted off stating that it was made with Gentiles. Who was it made with? And what are the decrees that ALL must keep?
Trevor, can you repeat with Paul when he irrefutably stated in acts:

Acts.24
[14] But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Do you believe everything written in the Law and the Prophets, like Paul believed? Or do you disagree with BOTH Jeremiah and Paul?

Jeremiah is a MAJOR Prophet, and Paul obviously believed Jeremiah. Jeremiah is quoted in the "New Testament" writings. In case you didn't know the Book of Revelation was not written when Paul made this statement.

So can you agree with the Prophet Jeremiah the the New covenant is made with Israel and Judah?
Of course I agree with everything Paul has taught and said. It was I that wanted to bring this debate to his epistles (which you all denied I might add).

As for the "major Prophet" thing, the ONLY reason why Jeremiah is called a major prophet is simply because his book is larger than most others, not because he's more anointed or ranks higher, or anything.

And what does the book of Revelation's timing of writing have to do with anything!!?! It was written, that is all that matters here!!

For the last time, I already said YES about the new covenant being made with Israel and Judah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You two have actually gotten on my nerves with repeating these same question and statements over and over! Bring something new to the table, and not last night leftovers! Its getting past ignorance now and landing on plain old foolishness!!!!

Anna, didn't I have some statements and questions for you to respond to?
Trevor,

Your ignorance is already overdue. Our foundation is Jeremiah 31, and we will debate from there. This is a debate about the new covenant, and its time for you to take heed to the Torah if you are to be added to the new covenant.. are you game?
Finally Trevor, obviously you have learned something in this debate so far.
When we started this many many pages ago, you were not aware of that, now at least you admit what we have been trying to show you all along.

Ok, the next question, in Jeremiah 31 is what is the law that is to be written in the hearts of the New Covenant believers.

I presented to you the term for "Law" in Hebrew is "TORAH."
Can we establish that without using up another 17 pages?

I presented from the OT what the term TORAH means, and the other verses in the OT given you the context. Must I do it again?

It refers to the "Law of Moses".

Before you speak too soon, remember Malachi the last prophet of the OT admonished us to "

Mal.4
[4] Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

[5] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
~~~~~~~~
Now what is the context of this verse?
It is yet future, is it not?
The great and dreadful day of the Lord/YHWH has not arrived has it?

Remember Paul stated that he believed EVERY THING WRITTEN IN THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS, so he believed we should also
"Remember the law of Moses, YHWH's servant.

What was that Law? IT was the TORAH which is to be written in the heart of the New Covenant believers.

When you reply, ask me anything you want about Jeremiah 31.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service