There has arisen an issue concerning the details of the New Covenant that our LORD and Savior YESHUA/JESUS has won for us by HIS blood and grace. Therefore, we are opening this discussion and starting it off for the edifying of the saints and the settling of the matter:

The subjects for this debate are along two lines:

-Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8: Do we still stand on the Torah?
-the Seal of the New Covenant: Is it still Sabbaths, Feasts, and Circumcision, or do we have a New Seal?

Views: 567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro, I agree, as I previously stated it is an edification to know the Torah, that is why I am studying as well, to receive in whole the counsel of God, because this moral law WILL NOT EVER CHANGE, it is universal.

Although we will never be able to keep it in our own strength, I thank YHWH for HIS grace and mercy that through Yeshua we have an advocate and HIS blood covers us.
Evan,

All the Torah is moral in God's eyes. Yehwah says Torah is to be kept forever.
That is simply not true, ALL the Torah cannot be kept, it has been modified by Moshe, by the Rabbis, .... because of the ages of people, and as I pointed out wll be continued to be modified.

The moral law as given to Moshe, that was burned into our hearts through our foreparents WILL be kept forever, on this we agree, through no strength of our own, only through Yeshua
Evan,

The Rabbis have no power to modify anything. Yehwah says Torah is to be kept FOREVER. Example.. Exodus 31,"Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever."

Duet 7,"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generation."
There is not freedom in the Torah, only direction, our freedom is in the blood shed by Yeshua, and we thank HIM for sending back to us Ruach, Hallelu'YAH
Evan,

No no, There is no freedom to SIN in Torah, but I do not know who told you there isnt freedom there. Who told you that Torah was bondage? Did Yehwah say that? Let me show you scripture... Duet 30,"If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it."

So, where is bondage for keeping Torah?????
Let me show you freedom, niether of you posted anything, yesterday (because of Shabbat?) I ask because it's different for different ones, Anna posted.

I can post any day I want to. Now of course we all have lives and you may simply have been busy.

Again, I must point out that if you are speaking of the literal Torah given by Moshe, I have, no problem in keeping it either, for through Yeshua I can do all things. staying in accordance with

James 1:25 whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

AS WELL AS

Romans 13:9

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

WHICH addresses your opinion about my sacrifice, for it's not of works that we are saved but as SCRIPTURE STATES IN

Gal 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Yeshua, even we have believed in Yeshua that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

No freedom to sin, means that we do not have freewill, and have not chosen YHWH, I through Yeshua have chosen the true and Only living God, and the blood that HE shed covers all my sins
Evan,

Torah is a decree in the new covenant.. Do you reject that?
NO
Evan,

Im waiting for your evidence.

Provide evidence where Torah becomes unliteral???

This is not about works, but about OBEDIENCE. So, I assume you believe that the 10 commands are the only commands we are to follow. But, Torah proves you wrong. We are to keep Torah throughout Generations(Duet 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc).

Please provide your EVIDIENCE that we will only keep ten, literal, moral commands????
I want to say again, that we will have no disagreement over the importance of the LITERAL Torah given, it is a universal principle, and my desire to learn and study it more is because it completes the whole counsel of YHWH.

I understand the pagan holidays that you teach about and I'm not in disagreement with you about that.

However, when you say that WORKS are my salvation,we part, until I see you at the great feast
Evan,

Provide evidence where Torah becomes unliteral???

This is not about works, but about OBEDIENCE. So, I assume you believe that the 10 commands are the only commands we are to follow. But, Torah proves you wrong. We are to keep Torah throughout Generations(Duet 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc).

Please provide your EVIDIENCE that we will only keep ten, literal, moral commands????

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service