Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like your pastor must pastor for free.
What I"m talking about Brother.
Now THATS real!
Okay Moreh, but one question I have to ask you and please if its too personal just tell me and I will leave it alone. But I understand what you mean when you say you do it for the joy of seeing people set free, but does your congregation compensate you in anyway?
When you say if they offer a monitary gift you place it back into the ministry are you saying back into your fellowship, or are you saying back into the work?
So when you say you pastor a congregation would it be in the same context that many reading this would say they pastor a congregation?
Was asking that question from the stand point of I 've seen you say that you used to pastor a (as you would say) "christian" church, and now you moved into the postion you are in now so that is from the aspect I was asking the question.
Very informative, thank you for that incite.
My former pastor didn't and neihter did my ex father-in-law, who pastored for over 30 years and had a full time job during the week. They weren't 501c3 ministers either and could preach what they wanted to in the Word. Currently I don't attend a church and just fellowship with other believers that are tired of churches and what they bring today. When I go to a church I interview the minister and if he fails my interview then I keep looking. Call it what you want but I think I have a right to know where my minister stands on things.
Brother I need to seriously talk to the Brother in Denver. I have been so tied up with my company trying to eat until I haven't communicated with him but I promise I will. I know you're serious.
True, He waits for no man. I will let you know for sure.
Better plan to spend weeks in serious intercession and fasting before you come to this mountain top!

I was in minstry for 20 years before I moved back to Denver & I have never seen anything like these so-called preachers in this town.

Backwards would be a good word.

Reminds me of those preachers right after slavery was outlawed on this continent.

They are so glad to be charge of something that they become the slave driver, as if the PEOPLE are supposed to be serving THEM.

With their fake titles and accolades, disgusting to say the least.

Just let me know when ya'll work it out and I will be happy to help in some way.

LTPFJ
yURIELa bey

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service