Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought we all did. LOL Who was that before or after him? Could have been during him also though.
You have to understand something Moreh, back then compensation was good in gold silver goats lambs wheat, ect. Go take a goat to the bank today to pay for your mortgage, and see what they give you.

If you want to keep on comparing it to the OLD TIMES of the Levitical priesthood and look for an equivalent today, then talk to the Amish, the Quakers, or a farmer!
But Trevor, bottom line is those that want to teach and preach can get a job just like everyone else and still spread His Word. A minister doesn't need to be or is required to be taken of by his flock and they barely making it. Let's be real about this. MOst of them do this so they don't have to get a job and be taken care of and think themselves to be something when they aren't as in Galatians 6:3.
John,

Might need a fan up in here.
OK, then go join them! They have ALSO given up Evangelizing to the rest of the world. When twas the last time a Quaker came to witness to you or anyone in Brooklyn, Queens, Detroit, Cali, ect.? GOD called for us to be "et apart" in our minds and ways, but not in the extreme that they have taken it to. If they are some good salt of the earth, I wouldn't know it! That salt is waaaaaaaaaayyyy over there, held separate from my taste buds, outside of my reach.
It's gettin hot in here!
Now your getting ridiculous...when was the last time you stood on the street corner and preached the kingdom?

January, and it wasn't the streets corner it was Time Square in front of the BBQ's restaurant, a VERY busy spot at night! Any New Yorker that hits the city at night knows that.

You think what they do is any different than the "church" as a whole? They don't evangelize they preach to the choir...in most services the same people are “going up to the alter”, are you on the street?

I coulda sworn I just answered this question....But you're right, mostly the same folks go up. However, the Church in our society is not as bad as you describe. I do see people get saved all the time, not just by me preaching and witnessing, but by others as well.

I see the “church” behind the walls not where the harvest is….what corner are you at in queens I’ll meet you there….

Holla at my former Church, Mt. Olivet, because they taught us that "missions is the heartbeat of GOD's church". They organized an annual march every summer through Corona Queens invovling/inviting all the churches of that region called the "Corona For JESUS Crusade". As for me, I witness REGULARLY. I was one of the guys that would annoy your train ride by speaking about JESUS (haven't done that one in a bit, but bet that I'll be back). I'm the guy that regularly challenges the Jehovah Witness, the Black Israelite, the N.O.I (and the list can go on). When I get the right connections, resources and information, I plan on carrying out my other missions plans just as well, both locally and globally.

"My point in all of this is that you want to say they don’t evangelize but yet you are not set apart…Christians can take a lesson from people like them and others who although they may not have evangelism they are set apart from the world….Where is your community group… or do you do as the other Christians and have seminars about nothing and conferences that lead no place?

I can’t join them because I’m trying to get people like you to see Truth…

HOW SET APART ARE YOU???"

How set apart am I? I'm am set apart from worldly practice, but I'm extremely visible to people outside the Church. The ONLY way you can go fishing like how JESUS taught is to go out to sea, not stand on shore with a fishing line.
Oh Oh Trevor, you said Black Isralelite. What do you mean as in Hebrew Israelite? What could you have possibly challenged them on?
Just one question Moreh why are you throwing every preacher into the same hat? There are some that are doing what you saying i.e. setting an amount of which you should be paid, but not all.
PREACH REV!!!!!!!!!
Oh okay.
Amen!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service