Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The workman for hire was those that worked in the fields. When a hireling is mentioned in the bible it's not good for the so called man of God, see John 10:12 - 13. It might be because they are hired thus treating it as a business instead of doing it for God.
Thats a one-sided view John. The wolf is seen as bad, and yet it is the emblem of one of the 12 tribes of Israel. Is that entire tribe a bunch of wolves in sheep's clothing?

Satan is viewed as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. The LORD is called a lion of the tribe of Judah. Is the lion a good or bad sign then?

To be chosen of the LORD to serve is like have a great boss say "you're hired". Its just that plain, no confusion to it. This IS a business. We work comission based work, but those that steal from GOD are workers taking and pocketing GOD's funds before HE shares out their cut. They are thieves on the job.
hIRELINGS RUN WHEN IT ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING WRONG...........HIS/HER MONEY GETS FUNNY. YET THE TRUE PASTORS/SHEPHERDS WILL LAY DOWN THEIR VERY LIVES........
Come on Brother Trevor, let's not compare apples to oranges! The meaning of the lion for Judah and for Jesus is not the same as Satan seeking those to devour. In Gen 49:8, Jacob is telling his sons that Judah (tribe) shall be praised by his brethern, this is where (tribe) the Lord shall come, see Rev 5:5. Same for Benjamin if you look at Gen 49:27 for what Jacob's blessing were to his sons you will see the reason for him saying that about Benjamin (tribe). Read what they did against Israel in Judges 20:21, 25. Wolves in sheep's clothing are those false preachers leading people to the lake of fire. We can't fit everything into one basket. Different meanings can't bind.
Exactly my point! So if you understand that, then why is a hireling necessarily a bad thing? It was only considered a bad thing in the comparison of the Good Shepherd that JESUS spoke of. Other than that.........
It's ok Brother Trevor, you will have your view on this and I mine. I just see what I see in His Word and you are doing the same. I haven't found anything good in His Word about a hireling when speaking of a minister/preacher/teacher that's all. God bless you.
AMEN
1st Peter 5:2feed the flock of God that is among you, overseeing not constrainedly, but willingly, neither for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind,
Corinthians 11:13-15 says, “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness . . .”

So the internal call should be a continuing aspiration. Without choosing to think about it you find it keeps surfacing in your thoughts. The more you wish to ignore the possibility that God is calling you, the more preoccupied you become with it.

This aspiration for the Gospel ministry is also self-sacrificing. You feel drawn to preach God's Word, not for what it will do for you, but because you long to glorify God through the proclamation of His Gospel, the conversion of souls, and the building up of His church.

1 Timothy 6
1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

2nd Corinthians 2:17 For we( true children of God ) are not like the great number who make use of the word of God for profit: but our words are true, as from God, being said as before God in Christ.

2 Peter2:3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

1st Peter 5:2feed the flock of God that is among you, overseeing not constrainedly, but willingly, neither for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind,
POWERFUL MY BROTHER
No,a pastor has to make a livin somehow.Everything thats free isn't good.
Sure he can, however, why can he not claim the right (if GOD-ordained) that Apostle Paul claimed in 1st Corinthians 9? Technically speaking, running a ministry IS a full-time job.
That has NOTHING to do with what I asked. Why can he not claim the right (if GOD-ordained) that Apostle Paul claimed in 1st Corinthians 9?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service