Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a congregational member, I agree with you Bro. Flowers, if the pastor is able to work and still pastor, then do so. However, the members should always be willing to bless the pastor with a love offering as oppose to a weekly salary. Other gifts of love can be a paid vacation trip within the U.S.(if they have minor children) and/or a cruise for him and his wife, and maybe a leased vehicle for him so that he will always have reliable transportation without the financial burden of keeping up with regular maintenance.
Geeeeee I missed all this is the teachings of your Rabbi..can you give me some historical rulings that make this a fact.....that is prior to the invasion of hellinistic & proto-nostic-Rome
Mr Flowers I suggest that since you are new...that you go and study the roots of your rabbis teachings..Then you will set the people free.'You shall know the Torah and the Torah emet/emunah will set you free.
I suggest~~Meet the Rabbis ~~Rabbinic thought and the teachings of J-sus.BY; Brad Young...[Professor at ORU] Meet the Rabbis.Lastly Shual/Paul was a maker of tents' extreamly poor translation Tent is a Talit / Mishkan HatchletMy Talit,... B'SD HaShem~~ has kissed the Kotel /the wall in Israel..I weep whan it is reverently placed upon me.
I also suggest you check your blood linage~~ most likely Sephardi' [Northern African peoples] Spain and Portugal.
It depends that how u r loyal to the job where u r appointed.
Mr. Robert writes: It depends that how u r loyal to the job where u r appointed.

Loyality belongs to HaShem and no one else. Your Rabbi stated Why do you call ME GOOD'....their is no-One Tov but HaShem"...I would guess that is clear enough to trust that Yeshua was not making himself out to be Elohiem ,...But more-so a reverent Rabbi/or moreover a top level Tzaddik..that in no way would feel worthy to userpt that soveriegn rule.
This discussion has gone back and forth for quite a long time. I would like to bring a different angle to it by not asking if a Pastor should do it for free, but to bring it to the Sheep:

Congregation, what does the work of that Pastor, the Teachings that that Pastor mean to you?? If there was a monetary value you would place on the work that your Pastor does on your behalf, what would it be and would you be willing to pay it?? Do they do a good job? Do they do a horrible job? Do you value the living gift that GOD sent you? Has this person been a gift, or a curse to your life?

Now, act accordingly.........
Mr. Trevor T. Green~ May I thank you for your thread once again..Obviously this has a divided response. Why?... because most of those who enjoy the 'Benefits of G-d as they 'encourage the sons and daughters to give to their coffers and respective denominations to move the hand of G-d [or so it is taught by some ~well meaning folks].

The Living gift, the treasure in earthern vessels, is within you..no man will make that any different except to show you that very hasidic tenent..G-d is in everything. Not that G-d is everything...but that G-d..the essence of all creation is within you...Who on this planet can top that....None I suspect.
If your tears of Teshuvah (repentence) do not wash you, then what will. More money for the three Billion $ infrastructure of the mainstream institutional church...I think not.
We could eliviate hunger from a third world country like Nigeria for instance whee the Muslims enjoy the slaughter of people and shiriah laws to inflict more pain into the lives of others..again it is Control.

Blessings from one to another ( love at it's finest) are fine, Harlotry is not..And when men get power..If they have not learned the control of the Yetzer harah thge evil instinct within..then they will always do what needs to be done to fill their appitite...Just look at our present and ever dangerous Government for example..Above the people for which they are to serve...fleecing the flock with illegal taxation..OK so that is an extream..Yet nobody cries out like a watchmen from the Pulpits of AmeriKa....because they can't,... government owns them and what they say.such a sham IMHO. We are all owned, by something or someone it seems.

Yet YHVH states clearly "I do not take a bribe ~ 5 Moshie/Duet./Devarim10:v17'Work is Deeds. [ go about doing Tov Deeds] In Judaism the root of Yeshuas teachings. Moreover that is what he learned from the Sages. More-so His own yeshiva taught him to be obediant to the Master Elohim and that my friend is the root of 'Shema Israel" Deverim 6:v4-9 Yeshua's teacher historically was the Highly acclaimed Rav. Hillel".

Those rulings are in place today as are some of AKIBA's // Akiba'~ Scholar, Saint and Martyr'~by: Louis Finkelstein[ that little book I mentioned earlier in the thread for people who wanted to study, is full of facts historically correct~~But then who wants that, right?]
Our research team has read well over five thousand books of historical truth from the Temple period of Yeshua, to come up with this Info)

Young man the flesh of mankind will always from the high chair tyrant standpoint... will always try and control because greed is from the animal instinct...the lowest form of our humanity that is why the sages study to Show themselves approved unto G-d { Novel thought} That is also why Israel produces more lettered men/PHDs than any other country second to none....Go Figure.

If a man does not obtain that which was lost ...a sovereign(personal realization/ relationship as one with the Master in all his ways, Then we will always have contension between the Elite' as it were and the Proliteriate's...it is that simple.So instead, do as the Jewish ages do...go and study until the Truths of the Master/YHVH fill you to overflowing..Then they go out and 'repair the world ...so to speak...The question next is who do you serve,?...If you want G-d, Look up...Look within~not look to man to lead you.

Lastly: Giving one to another is Tzadakah from the heart not because of a fleshly cause..or misconstruction..We are on the crest of Shabbat the same day that Yeshua set-apart..the same day that Paul taught and set apart unto the Master..i wonder how many here do as the famous Sage did then...Just a question..Nothing new under the Sun..flesh begets flesh...

Dear readers The church' is a breaking bread house to house fellowship within the comunity helping one another (eg true Community) with the Torah as a leading light.

May the Shekinah Light of G-d permeate your hearts and minds toward heaven..when that is done,... Then bring heaven down to earth..and do something one to another that is the Church for the most part.

This is the Problem...NOT the solution I spoke about earlier...Flesh begets flesh~~It is all about the buck and getting the butts in the seats..for some people,...the message is just come on down!
True, pious, benevolent men, do not do, as this example given by GCM (below)

BTW a good book for the readers is R.Twerski's~~ 'Living Each Day"
Sigh, I believe whatever you do , bless your pastor or someone else abd know you do the right thing.
Just this evening someone came to me and sow into the ministry saying, I nearly bought a bag, which I exally did not need.I sbetter to give it for the work!
It is not just the pastor you bless, it is the Kingdom of God, for the Holy One to be lifted up.

P/.a. It is that I myself sometimes do not take or find time to cook a dinner. How blessed if someone else takes care for that.
It is not about the pastor It is that the men/women of God can do the work; are able to do so. And please if you cant give with a happy heart and or love
you better keep it.

Bless you all who are reading this, just want to encourage you to give and bless your pastor as much as you can and will why? to have the wok of God done
a happy pastor makes a happy church, as well by you in all area's being a true disciple, amen
Delete Sigh, I believe whatever you do , bless your pastor or someone else abd know you do the right thing.
Just this evening someone came to me and sow into the ministry saying, I nearly bought a bag, which I exally did not need.I sbetter to give it for the work!
It is not just the pastor you bless, it is the Kingdom of God, for the Holy One to be lifted up.

P/.a. It is that I myself sometimes do not take or find time to cook a dinner. How blessed if someone else takes care for that.
It is not about the pastor It is that the men/women of God can do the work; are able to do so. And please if you cant give with a happy heart and or love
you better keep it.

Bless you all who are reading this, just want to encourage you to give and bless your pastor as much as you can and will why? to have the wok of God done
a happy pastor makes a happy church, as well by you in all area's being a true disciple, amen
Delete Sigh, I believe whatever you do , bless your pastor or someone else and know you do the right thing.
Just this evening someone came to me and sow into the ministry saying, I nearly bought a bag, which I exally did not need.Is better to give it for the work!

you better keep it.

What about -

1 Corinthians 9:9 KJV
For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn . Doth God take care for oxen?

1 Timothy 5:18 KJV
For the scripture saith , Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn . And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service