The rollercoaster of life, the daily ups and downs that test faith and when you pass the test you grow.
People talk of being closer to God, I can't get any closer but my faith can strengthen,
Matt, 8, Mark 4, Luke 8
O ye of little faith
Why is it you have no faith
How is it you have no faith.

What is the core of your belief? How do you connect with God/Jesus/Holy Ghost, faith is the connection line.

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rev. Z62,

There is one non-Christian who say he follows the Torah. Why are you wasting time with his nonsense. That is the work of the evil one who is using all of you to take your focus off Jesus.

I welcome and appreciate your concerns and advice, and I can only speak for myself. Unlike Eve in the Garden who had no prior knowledge and faith experience with God, which made it quite easy for the enemy to shift her focus off of God, I am rooted and grounded in my faith. It is, what does appear to be fruitless, the dialogues with those who follow a different path that keeps me even more focused on Jesus. As a matter of fact, it keeps me even more so in the Bible reading and studying for memory recall when responding to some of the questions/statements.

Furthermore, I stay with the basics - salvation and discipleship. I won't entertain such questions as: "How many angels dance on the head of pin?"

When I use the expression getting closer to God, I am referring to the level of my faith. My faith is strengthen through my experience with Him. The stronger my faith, the less I will doubt and the quicker I will obey without question. Another way to look at how one sees himself/herself being closer to God is in a marriage. When a man and woman marry, they begin to grow closer to one another during the years of living together as husband and wife and through continuous communication. They make it a point to get to know each other intimately - favorite colors, favorite foods, hobbies, likes and dislikes, etc.

God desires an intimate relationship with us and to show us how intimate He is wanting us to be in our relationship with Him, we are sealed with the indwelling Holy Spirit.
James,

I concur with the truth about Gabriel not being the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:34-35
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
You might want tot reread Brother. No Worries. I will make a thread, and it is your responsibility to make sure in is sound. Give me a couple days why I search the scriptures for the Lesson.
This thread is not about your fantasies it is about a self inspection on faith.
If you have no faith you have nothing to inspect.
If you possess faith in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit then I am only asking what connects you in scripture to God.
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Ephesians 2:8-18 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."
Such a useless waste of a good intelligence.
Dueling verses. Gee that is so intelligent. NOT!
Hezekiah can be forgiven as he does not claim to follow Jesus.
As he did you do in turn. In your case instead of reading with understanding the whole pericope you turn to another to 'prove' your point.

read the whole and you see there is no need to use another epistle of Paul to argue against this epistle

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Paul is quite clear about that which he is discussing.
We spend too much time interpreting instead of understanding what is said in the first place. Paul in writing to Jews in Rome distinguished Law and works and faith. The bible is a whole, does your hand argue against your foot, they bear the same structure but have different purposes as does each epistle to each church or group and their situations.
So, let not your heart be troubled, by people Hez who pull things out of context, just be sure you do not.
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Look I gotta get all Mister T on you:

Listen up fool....
QUIT, STOP, taking these words out of context, that is called a lie.
Paul in writing to the Jews in Rome was defending Jewish practices or the Law.

The whole pericope is:
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

it is not just the last verse that want to use to 'prove' your point.
You have no point. You have no understanding of scripture, please get some without bias, read pray, share with others outside your narrow spectrum of knowledge, let the Holy Spirit in to give discernment and lean not on your own understanding.

This I pray for you. Not to change your mind but to save your soul.
Wow accusation after accusation. Affliction after affliction. The Lord said that I and any who will follow him will be persecuted and afflicted for his name sake.

RevZ62 said:such a useless waste of a good intelligence.
Dueling verses. Gee that is so intelligent. NOT!
Hezekiah can be forgiven as he does not claim to follow Jesus.
As he did you do in turn. In your case instead of reading with understanding the whole pericope you turn to another to 'prove' your point.

Look I gotta get all Mister T on you:
Listen up fool....
QUIT, STOP, taking these words out of context, that is called a lie.

So, let not your heart be troubled, by people Hez who pull things out of context, just be sure you do not.

2Timothy 3:1-7 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Timothy 3:10-13 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Hezekiah,

We don't have beliefs, we have the truth. Our beliefs can be proven by the Bible, and not by tradition.

Explain what you just said . . .you don't have beliefs, yet your beliefs can be proven by the Bible.

What sense does that make?
Sister Harris said: Explain what you just said . . .you don't have beliefs, yet your beliefs can be proven by the Bible.

What sense does that make?

Hezekiah's Belief:Like for instance. I believe that the scriptures are of no private interpretation, and they are to be read from the law to the testimony precept upon precept line upon line, here a little there a little. This is the only way to get real understanding of the scriptures. These scriptures below is why I believe this, and my experience also allows me to believe this.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

Isaiah 28:9-13 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Hezekiah's Belief: I believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and he died not for himself, and took away animal sacrifice, and died for sins past. I also believe he died on a Wednesday right before sundown, and rose right before sundown on the Sabbath or 7th day. These scriptures below is why I believe this.

Daniel 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 28:1-6 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Hezekiah's Belief:I believe we are to keep the commandments because Jesus said that is how you get eternal life or right to the tree of life, and it is the love of God to keep his commandments, and if you don't keep his commandments and say you know him, you are a liar. I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven will be on Earth in Jerusalem. I am able to prove my belief by what I read in the Bible. Not by some theology, or some other root language, or some other foreign language because the Lord said with stammering lips, and another tongue will I speak to this people. Here are all the scriptures that cause me to have these beliefs.

Matthew 19:16-19 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Isaiah 28:10-11 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Revelation 22:13:14 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Hezekiah's Belief: Here is what I am shooting for. To be in the first resurrection ruling with Christ because I keep his commandments to the best of my ability.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hezekiah's Belief:Here is where I don't want to be. The Lake of Fire, or a chance for the Lake of Fire in the Judgment of the 2nd resurrection.

Revelation 20:12-15 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Death and hell delivered up the dead. Hell is the grave. Looks like we have works., whoever was not found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. also death, and hell or the grave will be cast in the Lake of Fire too. All my beliefs can be proved by the book, and you can read for yourself to understand why. You really don't need me to explain it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service